Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USCe just announced...

vCash

USCe just announced...

That the university WILL open back up this Fall for in person instruction. Hopefully other SEC schools (and all other football schools) will follow. I?m still holding out hope for college football in 2020 and having students back on campus would obviously be necessary for that to happen. For the faint of heart, there will be a new normal on campus...

Plans include the following per the university president:

?We will have the capacity to test every Student, Faculty and Staff member for COVID-19 upon return the campus

We have the capacity to sustain a robust testing program throughout the entire semester

We are reviewing several comprehensive tracing and tracking apps for early and thorough identification of at-risk contacts

We have designated ample student housing for those who may require isolation and quarantine, and we are putting in place the support services to provide for their meals, education, and other needs

We will increase on campus single-occupancy rooms in on-campus residence halls

We will modify our dining practices in order to reduce close student contact in student dining facilities through "grab and go" meals

We will make accommodations for high-risk individuals and others who choose to continue online instruction with safeguards for protection against discrimination and stigma

We will follow clear public health protocols, including social distancing within classrooms, lecture halls, meeting rooms and sports venues, with strong encouragement of proper social distancing off campus

We will ensure that large class sections will either meet in smaller sections or in online formats and create alternative academic offerings to accommodate safe class gatherings

We will provide advising over the summer to help all students adjust their course schedules as needed

And finally, as stated, no student, faculty or staff member will be required to return

The new normal on campus won't be easy but judging by how well all of you have risen to the occasion during the challenges of the last many weeks, I have great confidence in you.?
    Last edited by MSU 1984; 05-06-2020 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    WE PLAYING FOOTBALL BABY!!!!
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Good sign. Someone just has to be first to have the guts to step out there. USC stepping up. Others will follow. It will be different but school and life adjust. It has to because shutdown is not a long term strategy that works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Good sign. Someone just has to be first to have the guts to step out there. USC stepping up. Others will follow. It will be different but school and life adjust. It has to because shutdown is not a long term strategy that works.
    It's amazing to me how conservative MSU is in this regard.

We have not announced anything yet like other SEC schools while also still refusing for some inexplicable reason to sell alcohol at games.

Not sure why we move at a snail's pace on stuff

Oh.... and we ruined the best MSU roster in history with a "nice guy" coach.

Oh.... and we turn ourselves in the NCAA every chance we get.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-06-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

We have announced anything yet like other SEC schools while also still refusing for some inexplicable reason to sell alcohol at games.

Our leadership are sheep. Never seen a university president so scared of special interests, but I guess it shouldn't be a surprised based on his background.

vCash
    "we're all we got. We're all we need"***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

We have announced anything yet like other SEC schools while also still refusing for some inexplicable reason to sell alcohol at games.

It's just the culture at MSU.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 05-06-2020 at 01:31 PM.

vCash
    Dominos are falling. Per Clay Travis tweet:

?University of Tennessee announces it plans to bring all students back to campus this fall. Joins LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas, Georgia, & South Carolina in making this announcement. SEC is playing football this fall, y?all.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our leadership are sheep. Never seen a university president so scared of special interests, but I guess it shouldn't be a surprised based on his background.
    It's got to do more with MS people as a whole. Hell, I can remember riding with my dad to the crossroads so he could buy beer. Then when I was in college, we could buy the beer, but it was hot. Conservative? Backwards?

vCash
    I CANNOT TAKE ALL OF THIS POSITIVE NEWS!!! WE MUST NOT PUT THE TOE TO THE LEATHER UNTIL THE ENTIRE WORLD HAS BEEN TESTED EVERY DAY FOR 6 MONTHS!!!!!!

vCash
    MSU and UM probably waiting on the governor to give the go ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    I CANNOT TAKE ALL OF THIS POSITIVE NEWS!!! WE MUST NOT PUT THE TOE TO THE LEATHER UNTIL THE ENTIRE WORLD HAS BEEN TESTED EVERY DAY FOR 6 MONTHS!!!!!!
    I agree lol!

ETA someone will be along in a minute to give you all the reasons that opening schools up is the most insane thing ever and how irresponsible it is.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 05-06-2020 at 02:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Think about all the nursing home residents that are forced to go to our football games!**

vCash
    Dangerous to open the schools. What's going to happen when people get an education****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    MSU and UM probably waiting on the governor to give the go ahead.
    Correct. There is a chain of command. We are a state funded school. Folks on here dissing our leadership don't know how the world works. Keenum knows how to operate in complex organizational situations. We are planning. Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean anything.

vCash
    There is an article on 247 where Cohen said they are planning on September football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree lol!

ETA someone will be along in a minute to give you all the reasons that opening schools up is the most insane thing ever and how irresponsible it is.
    True. Already happened too. First two days after things started opening up and a few numbers climbed here came the critics when the data is two weeks before you really know any affects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    True. Already happened too. First two days after things started opening up and a few numbers climbed here came the critics when the data is two weeks before you really know any affects.
    Yep, right on.

vCash
    This. There will be one plan for all Public Universities in MS. Our Dr. Shaw is chair of the task force. This is from DJournal news item:

Dr. Alfred Rankins Jr., commissioner of higher education for the state of Mississippi, has established a 16-member Safe Start Task Force to develop a plan for universities to start and complete the fall 2020 semester “in the safest and most effective way.” Two administrators from each of the state’s eight universities will provide input through the Institutions of Higher Learning’s task force.

Mississippi State University Provost and Executive Vice President Dr. David Shaw will serve as chair of the task force.