Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DeviousDawg's vision for Davis Wade Stadium's South EZ expansion/hotel...

vCash
    Maybe you get a room for each home game for life if they use your rendering.

vCash
    Cool drawing. Great idea.

However I can't believe this would even be considered In our lifetime. The fact we couldn't fill up the place in 2017 says a lot about demand at DWS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    If it were University run, we could leave maroon backpacks full of $$$ for our recruits, a la our friends up north.***
    True, true...

vCash
    Patel Stadium at Davis Wade!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Great job DD.

Really like what you've done here. The only change I'd make is moving your scoreboard club to the bottom. I just don't think those seats at the top are sellable.
    I like your new concept much better than the original since it ties in to the stadium (at least visually), but shouldn't the hotel be curved on the same arc as the north endzone expansion? The rooms might be a little strange shaped, but I've been in hotels that were literally round - a cylinder.

vCash
    Love it great job!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I like your new concept much better than the original since it ties in to the stadium (at least visually), but shouldn't the hotel be curved on the same arc as the north endzone expansion? The rooms might be a little strange shaped, but I've been in hotels that were literally round - a cylinder.
    Yes it should, but like I said, first and foremost, I am no photoshop wizard. A photoshop wiz could touch this up and make it look legit.

vCash
    I like it because it adds a little character. The plain bowl is just boring and everyone has done it; it is nothing special. Our north endzone isn't typical but is really nice which I like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Patel Stadium at Davis Wade!
    Yeah...I could see that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I would put the hotels on each side as the connector to the existing stadium. With it sitting on the mid-level, I would have it connected through to the junction side of the building as a party deck that could be used by the hotel guest before, during, and after the game. Between the two hotel sides, I would put a seating area similar to the seating that the Seahawks have in their endzone, leaving a gap on each side between the seating and hotels for the connection between the field party deck and the junction party deck. I would also design in a gigantic cowbell (clock tower) style thing that could be rung by big time supporters of the program or recruits when we score. Make it prominent, dead center at the plaza level. On the backside of the seating areas, I would have concessions and different tailgating spots set up on different levels. turn the backside into what the lofts are looking at dudy noble field.

I bet all of that could be done for 30-35 million and it incorporates interactions for tailgating with the junction. Hell you could have a giant staircase leading directly into the junction with a large archway the players could walk through to get to the field. It sets our stadium up with a cool visual with the giant cowbell that will be equal to "the Swamp" logo at UF.
    I really like these suggestions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg View Post
    Don?t bring that sarcasm up inn here, it?s a great business model. All joking aside, it would be a huge plus for recruiting visit weekends, recruits would love staying in the field facing suites with their families for official visit weekends. I would hope that we wouldn?t sell out and it would be university run, we could handle it.
    I see what you did there... nice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Cool drawing. Great idea.

However I can't believe this would even be considered In our lifetime. The fact we couldn't fill up the place in 2017 says a lot about demand at DWS.
    Add lower level seating, roof top patio.... and then make the whole stadium chairback. Seating numbers would probably be a wash and would be a huge upgrade for all fans attending.

vCash
    Not to pop anyone's bubble but according to Steve the hotel idea has been scrapped. Not going to happen.

vCash
    Just as long as they build that giant pirate parrot overlooking the field, who's eyes change color and screams out to bogus referee calls "**** you asshole" "**** YOU BITCH!!!" in a high tone to the offending referees. During Bama games the eyes glow red, even before kick off.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjax View Post
    I really like these suggestions.
    Well, i do think about stuff like this often.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Where would you put the locker room?

I like the idea. I also think it would be good to have the second floor as an M club floor with a full length balcony/sitting area. Kind of like at red bird park.
    Below the plaza level. No windows out. Concrete everything.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Not to pop anyone's bubble but according to Steve the hotel idea has been scrapped. Not going to happen.
    Good, cause it looked cheap as 17.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Unforturnately I put this together just before Steve said the idea's dead. Thought it ended up pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg View Post
    Unforturnately I put this together just before Steve said the idea's dead. Thought it ended up pretty good.

Yes, yes, yes. That's a loud awesome stadium right there

Brutal that the idea is dead. Seems like we just don't want to have a great stadium.

Last ones to have alcohol
    Last ones to announce the school plans to play football in the Fall
    Last ones to bowl in the stadium

Always last. Hopefully when the COVID thingy passes & Leach gets the energy going again, someone will step up & make this happen
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. That's a loud awesome stadium right there

Brutal that the idea is dead. Seems like we just don't want to have a great stadium.

Last ones to have alcohol
    Last ones to announce the school plans to play football in the Fall
    Last ones to bowl in the stadium

Always last. Hopefully when the COVID thingy passes & Leach gets the energy going again, someone will step up & make this happen
    Not selling alcohol will most likely be reversed. With all the money that's been lost already, I can't imagine them not taking advantage of this now.