Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Florida Tampering with Stewart Reese?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Chalk another up for 'if it benefits us I like it and if it hurts us, I don't.'
    I'm not sure it hurts us in this case to be honest.

LT- Lashley
    LG- Parker
    C- Sharp
    RG- James Jackson
    RT- Eiland

I can roll with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Chalk another up for 'if it benefits us I like it and if it hurts us, I don't.'
    Gun always has a double standard when it comes to recruits/players choices regarding MSU.

I mean c'mon ... he actually thinks Bonds is the best ever ... see what I'm talking about. ***

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm not sure it hurts us in this case to be honest.

LT- Lashley
    LG- Parker
    C- Sharp
    RG- James Jackson
    RT- Eiland

I can roll with that.
    Lashley, Dolla, & Cole Smith have better odds at being the 5th OL over James Jackson.

vCash
    We got two Lashley’s on the team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    We got two Lashley’s on the team?
    Nope but Charles Cross is our starting LT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He's not wrong. There's smoke to this.
    Hope we don't end up losing him but just a question. What kind of OL will Reese be in a Leach offense that has him in pass pro 70-75 percent of the time? Honest question, he seems to be more of road grader type blocker than a guy backing up on his heels protecting the QB. Maybe I'm just trying to look on the bright side since I know how these things usually go for us once they become a public rumor.

vCash
    I understand that we have some options and he might be fairly replaceable, but I also hesitate to say that losing someone with 34 career starts would not be a big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I understand that we have some options and he might be fairly replaceable, but I also hesitate to say that losing someone with 34 career starts would not be a big deal.
    It's a huge deal. The guy started at RT for goodness sakes, so he should be fine at RG in Leach's offense.

Hopefully he doesn't walk out on his teammates & finishes things with them.

I get backups & kids that don't play much leaving, but when starters, that teammates are relying on leave, to me that is tough to comprehend if you yourself are a good teammate.

IMO, the media has really warped people's opinion on this & we've lost some consciousnesses when it comes to this type of thing. in society we've made something acceptable & common place that really shouldn't be.

Again, to me the "starter" guy that people are relying on is the separator here.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-06-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It's a huge deal. The guy started at RT for goodness sakes, so he should be fine at RG in Leach's offense.

Hopefully he doesn't walk out on his teammates & finishes things with them.

I get backups & kids that don't play much leaving, but when starters, that teammates are relying on leave, to me that is tough to comprehend if you yourself are a good teammate.

IMO, the media has really warped people's opinion on this & we've lost some consciousnesses when it comes to this type of thing. in society we've made something acceptable & common place that really shouldn't be.

Again, to me the "starter" guy that people are relying on is the separator here.
    Not to get into a back & forth but weren't you 1 of the main guys campaigning for us to get 1 or 2 Washington St WR to grad transfer or the Stevenson kid from Houston? They'd have been doing the same thing you're potentially killing Stewart for doing. What's the difference?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Not to get into a back & forth but weren't you 1 of the main guys campaigning for us to get 1 or 2 Washington St WR to grad transfer or the Stevenson kid from Houston? They'd have been doing the same thing you're potentially killing Stewart for doing. What's the difference?
    I was. Doesn't make it right. Yes, I'm a hypocrite. Yes, I'm selfish towards MSU, but you'd hope that a starter that people were relying on would stick it out with his teammates.

It's one of those things that, if they're leaving I want them, but I'd think more of them as a person if they stuck it out. Guys with playing times issues fall into an entirely different bucket for me.

I know you're for a free for all in college football with free agency & 10,000 schollies per school, so I realize you'll disagree with me & that's fine.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I was. Doesn't make it right. Yes, I'm a hypocrite.
    As long as you own it.

vCash
    As long as you own it.
    IYOK - how real is the threat to lose Reese? Are you still thinking we only lose 5-8 to attrition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    IYOK - how real is the threat to lose Reese? Are you still thinking we only lose 5-8 to attrition?
    He's still going about things business as usual. I never thought it would be the mass exodus of kids leaving like others. I could see maybe 1 or 2 more guys leaving. No one in particular just the natural progression.

vCash
    Since Reese has already graduated, he'd already be making a move IMO. No reason to prolong it.

vCash
    I heard we were working Lashley at LT before the quarantine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I heard we were working Lashley at LT before the quarantine.
    He was but as Cross's backup. Cross is going to the be the LT for the next 2-3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Since Reese has already graduated, he'd already be making a move IMO. No reason to prolong it.
    That has been my thoughts. He graduated last year. If he was going to leave January made the most sense so he could go through spring practice with his new team.

vCash
    How big is he now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    How big is he now?
    I'm not sure if his exact weight. He'll likely play at around 285-290lbs this season.

vCash
    I'm not sure if his exact weight. He'll likely play at around 285-290lbs this season.
    Not really responding to your post it just fit here.....If we play this fall people are going to notice the changes on weight in a bad way. And that's not going to be because of no s/c but because moreso due to the lack of proper food for 4/5 months.