Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Florida Tampering with Stewart Reese?

vCash

Is Florida Tampering with Stewart Reese?

There seems to be a real shady situation going on right now where Florida fans believe they are getting Stewart Reese as a grad transfer while Reese has shown no signs of leaving MSU.

I realize he'd be a grad transfer so he can technically leave, but this is a really garbage part of the rule. He's a starting player on an SEC team & another SEC team is basically using his brother to recruit him to Florida?

This isn't the way the rule was designed. I realize we got Zuber & Costello, but Zuber wanted out of K-State & Costello got injured & might not have started. To me, since both of those players entered to portal & allowed themselves to be recruited, it seems a little less shady than what appears to be Florida recruiting a starting player on another SEC team though their brother.

All that to say, I'm not sure where to draw the line, but something doesn't smell right here.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    So I whupped up on you about the MLB GOAT now you starting a new thread and changing the topic?? ****

vCash
    Reese is a Florida kid that signed with dan mullen. He might have reached out to them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Reese is a Florida kid that signed with dan mullen. He might have reached out to them
    Which would be tampering since Reese isn't in the transfer portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Which would be tampering since Reese isn't in the transfer portal.
    I guess so. What you say we do at about it (assuming it even happened)?

vCash
    Oh NOW Hevesy wants him.

Reese is the guy that T-Buck recruited that Dan didn't think we could get.

vCash
    I guess so. What you say we do at about it (assuming it even happened)?
    IDK the rule book. I have no clue

vCash
    IDK the rule book. I have no clue
    I don't either, but I doubt seriously we have any real recourse. Not like nfl where you can lose a draft pick or something

vCash
    I don't either, but I doubt seriously we have any real recourse. Not like nfl where you can lose a draft pick or something
    Would just seem to me that the SEC would not want starting players to not be jumping to other teams in the conference

vCash
    It depends. If Reese reached out to him then he can talk to Reese as much as he wants to I think.

vCash
    If it's through his brother I don't think there's anything we can prove or do about it. If he's looking to leave, we need to give him reasons to stay. We've had high round draft picks from our O-line positions pretty recently so we can sell that. Of course a lot of those came from Hevesy so....

vCash
    Threads like this are what finally convinced me to decide to take your bet you offered up.

vCash
    There seems to be a real shady situation going on right now where Florida fans believe they are getting Stewart Reese as a grad transfer while Reese has shown no signs of leaving MSU.

I realize he'd be a grad transfer so he can technically leave, but this is a really garbage part of the rule. He's a starting player on an SEC team & another SEC team is basically using his brother to recruit him to Florida?

This isn't the way the rule was designed. I realize we got Zuber & Costello, but Zuber wanted out of K-State & Costello got injured & might not have started. To me, since both of those players entered to portal & allowed themselves to be recruited, it seems a little less shady than what appears to be Florida recruiting a starting player on another SEC team though their brother.

All that to say, I'm not sure where to draw the line, but something doesn't smell right here.
    Further info - his brother is graduated and trying to catch on an NFL UFA.

This is pretty speculative. If Reese wants to look around, all he has to do is register for the portal and talk to anyone he wants.

Having a brother as a go-between does not really enable anything he couldn?t just initiate himself pretty easily.

What is the point of even bringing this up for public discussion?

vCash
    As long as they are social distancing, some people on this board won’t care if they are tampering.

vCash

Well I see who you are on 247 now lol
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Further info - his brother is graduated and trying to catch on an NFL UFA.

This is pretty speculative. If Reese wants to look around, all he has to do is register for the portal and talk to anyone he wants.

Having a brother as a go-between does not really enable anything he couldn?t just initiate himself pretty easily.

What is the point of even bringing this up for public discussion?
    That's another David Reese. His brother is a RS Soph at Florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Oh NOW Hevesy wants him.

Reese is the guy that T-Buck recruited that Dan didn't think we could get.
    He would have to want to go to Florida pretty bad to subject himself to John Hevesy for his final year of college eligibility. Having a brand new coaching staff though where they can't go through the normal Spring to get familiar with the players can lend themselves to these type of issues though.

vCash
    He's not wrong. There's smoke to this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    He would have to want to go to Florida pretty bad to subject himself to John Hevesy for his final year of college eligibility. Having a brand new coaching staff though where they can't go through the normal Spring to get familiar with the players can lend themselves to these type of issues though.
    Not to mention walking out on his teammates as a 3 year starter.

vCash
    Chalk another up for 'if it benefits us I like it and if it hurts us, I don't.'