Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Florida Tampering with Stewart Reese?

vCash
    Wait, Reese is a starter and good enough to piss off fans because FL is trying to pull him but we should tell him to hit the road? Get out of here with that crap! Reese is a solid player. It would be a loss if he leaves. He can play G or T.

vCash
    Due to the Reese situation, I've been considering how to fix things like this.

I think the transfer portal needs deadlines.

For example: If you want to enter the transfer portal, you have to enter by a certain date & then transfers would have the ability to start signing with other schools exactly a month or two later on a certain date.

It's not fair to programs that have players drag this out because they don't know if they'll need to fill a spot or not & it's not really fair to the transfers because all they're real options may not be known at the time they make their decision on where to transfer.

Just like signing day, there just needs be an entry & exit portal deadline that streamlines the process & allows coaches to make decisions with complete information.

How many OL transfers have we passed on this year already because we didn't know that Reese may transfer? How many OL transfers would may have loved to sign with MSU, but we didn't have a spot?

Again, just like free agent deadlines & signing days, the transfer portal needs some organization & calendar deadlines that streamline it.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-13-2020 at 01:48 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Wait, Reese is a starter and good enough to piss off fans because FL is trying to pull him but we should tell him to hit the road? Get out of here with that crap! Reese is a solid player. It would be a loss if he leaves. He can play G or T.
    It will be a loss if he leaves and anybody saying differently is crazy. Even if he is as "bad" as some people are saying, he is basically our 6th OL and as you say, can play OG or OT.

That said, I don't think it'd be crazy for the Staff to take the position of, if you want to explore options, we need to know so we can explore options, and anybody looking to leave us in the lurch by trying to firm up their options before letting us know is out. Not sure that'd be smart, and I think this would be a relatively dumb place to start that precedent, where there is a brother on the team and a former relationship with the coaches. But I can see the arguments for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He is a good player. The Reese situation is the exact type of situation that makes many fans apprehensive about opening up the transfers across college football.

Everyone is OK with guy that has playing time concerns transferring, but when SEC starters begin transferring to other SEC schools, that's not healthy for the sport or conference.

vCash
    Has anyone actually confirmed anything about the situation?

I hope like hell Reese stays, our depth on the OL is maybe our biggest issue going into next season. We are extremely thin. We do not need to lose a 3 year starter that can play multiple positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Absolutely, if he isn't 100% Dawg then he needs to be gone tomorrow. If any of this is true and I'm Leach I am cutting him lose regardless if he is communicating with UF. Go ahead and set a precedent that we won't be putting up with players flirting with other programs.
    I agree. You want guys that believe in the program. Not fair to teammates, coaches, fans, etc. You want guys that want to be there because of they don't, when recruits come in, it's a lot harder to sell the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

I hope like hell Reese stays, our depth on the OL is maybe our biggest issue going into next season. We are extremely thin. We do not need to lose a 3 year starter that can play multiple positions.
    No one really knows except maybe Reese himself.

Our OL depth is an issue? I don't agree with that.

If I had to guess on the Reese situation, I'd bet this is what's happening....

He's at home right now with his brother & I'm sure Florida is doing all the same Zoom stuff we are. The coaches are probably tampering with him while his brother is on Florida Zoom calls, but Reese feels bad about it because he knows he's cheating on his team by talking to the Florida coaches on his brother's Zoom call. However, the pressure continues to exist because the Florida coaches are probably putting pressure on the brother to recruit Stewart & he can't leave the house to get away from it all.

What really needs to happen is for Cohen to give Stricklin a call & tell him to tell Dan & Hev to cut that shit out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Our OL depth is an issue? I don't agree with that.
    Just my thoughts, but we have:

Eiland, Parker, Reese are both 3 year players that I expect t play a ton this year.

Sharp is a starter and I think Cross is the other starter.

Behind them we have Cole Smith, Dolla Bill, Brandon Cunningham none of which have played at all.

Reese leaves that would leave us with Sharp, Parker, Eiland, Cross and Lashley. Behind them would be basically zero snaps. I just don't see how that is adequate depth.

vCash

Eiland, Parker, Reese are both 3 year players that I expect t play a ton this year.

Behind them we have Cole Smith, Dolla Bill, Brandon Cunningham none of which have played at all.

Reese leaves that would leave us with Sharp, Parker, Eiland, Cross and Lashley. Behind them would be basically zero snaps. I just don't see how that is adequate depth.
    You have Pendley as well. We have a quality 2 deep on the OL. I don't see an issue unless your just greedy

vCash

I would be worried with Moorhead's offense. Not too much with this one.

vCash
    I think we now know. Dan stabbed us in the back.

vCash
    If I am the coach and based on current transfer processes, if one enters the portal, I go ahead and plan for him to be gone and replace him in depth chart. Reese will be missed from an experience and depth stand point for sure. We really need for practice and repetition with the QB and the receivers. Timing and chemistry in passing game could take time. If teams zone defense against us due to short drops and quick throws, a wrong cut or "missed" route could be an interception, especially in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    If I am the coach and based on current transfer processes, if one enters the portal, I go ahead and plan for him to be gone and replace him in depth chart. Reese will be missed from an experience and depth stand point for sure. We really need for practice and repetition with the QB and the receivers. Timing and chemistry in passing game could take time. If teams zone defense against us due to short drops and quick throws, a wrong cut or "missed" route could be an interception, especially in the SEC.
    I think this is why some predict us to go 5-7.

vCash

I try to be optimistic, but I really can't see a three year starter putting his name in the transfer portal and then deciding to stay. That would be a totally weird turn of events.