Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Florida Tampering with Stewart Reese?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not really responding to your post it just fit here.....If we play this fall people are going to notice the changes on weight in a bad way. And that's not going to be because of no s/c but because moreso due to the lack of proper food for 4/5 months.
    This is likely true, but we shouldn't be the only ones dealing with it. I could see attrition in fall camp due to this alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This is likely true, but we shouldn't be the only ones dealing with it. I could see attrition in fall camp due to this alone.
    Yeah I didn't mean just us. Just the entire football community. Mommas fried chicken is not what they get here or anywhere these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah I didn't mean just us. Just the entire football community. Mommas fried chicken is not what they get here or anywhere these days.
    I agree 100% on this. Mike Gundy had a local pressor a month ago and was livid for this exact reason. You could tell in his voice he knew his players were not going to be physically ready. (He wanted the players to be able to stay on campus and work out unless sick)

vCash
    Yup. They were tampering

I think the Genespage crew does a pretty job overall but it's pretty funny when they make fun of message boards rumors only to wrong a week later.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-12-2020 at 09:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yup. They were tampering

I think the Genespage crew does a pretty job overall but it's pretty funny when they make fun of message boards rumors only to wrong a week later.
    Does that mean he's gone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Does that mean he's gone?
    IDK. You'd hate to see a 3 year starter walk out on his teammates.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Mullen: goes to Florida because more talent better opportunity

Also Mullen: still grabbing MSU recruits and now actual players from MSU roster.

vCash
    FL has taken our baseball, football, and tennis coaches, along with our alumni AD. Why not an OL? Hell, I wish they'd take our president and basketball coach.

vCash
    If we're going to lose an OL I would choose Reese honestly. I don't think he's all that good. His feet look really slow to me.

LT- Cross
    LG- Parker
    C- Sharp
    RG- Eiland
    RT- Lashley

I could roll with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    FL has taken our baseball, football, and tennis coaches, along with our alumni AD. Why not an OL? Hell, I wish they'd take our president and basketball coach.
    Sloppy seconds.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If we're going to lose an OL I would choose Reese honestly. I don't think he's all that good. His feet look really slow to me.

LT- Cross
    LG- Parker
    C- Sharp
    RG- Eiland
    RT- Lashley

I could roll with that.
    I'm not sure about Lashley, hope he becomes all Sec, I guess I'm hoping Reese stays at Msu.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I'm not sure about Lashley, hope he becomes all Sec, I guess I'm hoping Reese stays at Msu.
    Lashley would likely slide inside instead of Eiland.

vCash
    So Reese has been attending daily position Zoom meetings with the team while Florida is reporting that he's transferring there & now info comes out that that may very well be the case?

Completely shady on both Reese & Florida's part. The transfer portal is there for a reason. You don't go behind the back of your teammates & work a second angle.

Another issue with this quarantine. This likely isn't an issue if kids are on campus with their teammates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Might be a better move for him inside. Question is can he play? I realize he was at Bama and played very few snaps, his recruiting was very strange but again Hev gonna be Hev I suppose.

vCash
    If Reese leaves, it's not a good thing, but, if you're looking for a silver lining, it's this:

We have quality depth on the OL & with Reese being a SR, he wasn't part of the long term plan anyway. Thus we are able to start a younger guy that builds experience & that allows us to better down the road.

It's still not good to lose Reese & pretty embarrassing to lose a starter to another SEC school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I agree 100% on this. Mike Gundy had a local pressor a month ago and was livid for this exact reason. You could tell in his voice he knew his players were not going to be physically ready. (He wanted the players to be able to stay on campus and work out unless sick)
    It really is ridiculous that we would send college students in general away from a college town, but it's especially crazy that we would take division one athletes, and say, we're worried about your health. Why don't you leave these world class nutrition, training, and healthcare we provide and go to a household that has a reasonable chance of being lower income and a very small chance of being able to replicate the environment we provide.

AT the end, there needs to be real consequences for some of the stupid decisions that have been made. It's one thing to make a good faith decision and just be wrong, but if you are going to take decision making away from local actors, and it turns out you made a stupid 17ing decision because you didn't understand the facts on the ground or didn't have the ability to make reasoned distinctions b/c you took on more responsibility than you could handle, you should face consequences. There's a reason people with the most information should generally be allowed to make decisions, and you shouldn't be able to take the decision making away from those people and then be "how was I to know?". That's exactly why you don't try to run people's lives from hundreds of miles away.

vCash
    Here is where the truth of the whole deal is to me. Would it hurt to lose him from a talent perspective? Yes. You can say it wouldn’t be a loss all you want but there is a reason he is a starter. It would hurt. The other side of the coin is this... if he doesn’t want to be here, or even has a shaky enough commitment to MSU and his teammates that he would entertain this, do I really want a guy like that here? No. Ultimately, no matter how talented you are, if you do not want to be a part of something, then you need to leave. So would it hurt? Yes and no. I do think we have more talent in the OL than ever.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If Reese leaves, it's not a good thing, but, if you're looking for a silver lining, it's this:

We have quality depth on the OL & with Reese being a SR, he wasn't part of the long term plan anyway. Thus we are able to start a younger guy that builds experience & that allows us to better down the road.

It's still not good to lose Reese & pretty embarrassing to lose a starter to another SEC school.
    Reese leaves it wouldn't be a younger guy starting. Lashley would play RG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Here is where the truth of the whole deal is to me. Would it hurt to lose him from a talent perspective? Yes. You can say it wouldn’t be a loss all you want but there is a reason he is a starter. It would hurt. The other side of the coin is this... if he doesn’t want to be here, or even has a shaky enough commitment to MSU and his teammates that he would entertain this, do I really want a guy like that here? No. Ultimately, no matter how talented you are, if you do not want to be a part of something, then you need to leave. So would it hurt? Yes and no. I do think we have more talent in the OL than ever.
    Absolutely, if he isn't 100% Dawg then he needs to be gone tomorrow. If any of this is true and I'm Leach I am cutting him lose regardless if he is communicating with UF. Go ahead and set a precedent that we won't be putting up with players flirting with other programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Absolutely, if he isn't 100% Dawg then he needs to be gone tomorrow. If any of this is true and I'm Leach I am cutting him lose regardless if he is communicating with UF. Go ahead and set a precedent that we won't be putting up with players flirting with other programs.
    I agree with this.

Apparently the kid hasn't been forthright while sitting in on Zoom meetings & other team stuff.

If he wants to leave, the transfer portal is available for that. It's just wrong to be snooping around your own team's back while acting as a functioning member of the team.