Joe Montana to me is the better player and quarterback. Tom Brady has had the better career. Or accomplished as Smootness said.

It's like Ruth and Bonds. You have to take the era that they played in to account. If Montana plays in this era where he could play into his 40's I think he would have numbers similar or better than Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc. (Note when all of the last four played)

I think Montana is different as a QB than Brady. Brady is a classic drop back passer. Montana really excelled on the run- and that's what I like about him and the difference to me and why I pick him. Montana was a threat to run and he was also deadly as a passer on the run. Look at his signature play- the Catch. Montana changed the game as a QB in a way similar to Ruth. He was one of the first more dual threat-ish QB's in an era where guys like Terry Bradshaw was the template. The 49ers offensive scheme and how they used their personnel was a major change in football that changed the game forever.

Also- if I need to make a comeback or have to pick one guy to win a Super Bowl- I'm picking Montana all day. He didn't win as many as Brady- but when he did play he was basically perfect. Joe Montana changed what NFL coaches were looking for in QB's. I don't think Brady changed the game like that. What's the difference between Brady, Manning, and Brees skill set wise?