Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 major sports, GOAT.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm saying we don't know who all used them but many many did in that era
    Don't think Chipper did cause he never hit the monster shots and he also had a lot of naggin injuries later in his career too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    If we're talking HR hitters and ignoring those that cheated then you have to have McGwire in the discussion. McGwire average more homeruns per at-bat than any other player in history.
    McGwire used roids too. Maybe not early in his career but when he broke HR record he was using them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Don't think Chipper did cause he never hit the monster shots and he also had a lot of naggin injuries later in his career too.
    Yeah he started breaking down about the age the pre steroid era guys used to break down.

vCash
    I would say your opinion is biased and lack any real evidence. I wouldn’t have told you Raffy did them either
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah he started breaking down about the age the pre steroid era guys used to break down.
    This just isn’t solid reasoning. No evidence here.

vCash
    I would say your opinion is biased and lack any real evidence. I wouldn?t have told you Raffy did them either
    And I'm sure your's is steeped in hard facts, data, and Einstein level of knowledge ******

BTW ... I could tell Raffy was doing them later in his career when he was doing them.

vCash
    McGwire used roids too. Maybe not early in his career but when he broke HR record he was using them.
    Yea that was point. It was obvious he was on something. When McGwire came into the league he was a skinny guy much like Bonds but it was easy to tell once they were on them. They were built like tanks.

vCash
    This just isn?t solid reasoning. No evidence here.
    And wheres your evidence he did?

Mines as solid as yours lol!

vCash

Do you not recognize brilliance and superior intellect when it's on display *****

vCash
    Do you not recognize brilliance and superior intellect when it's on display *****
    I guess not lol!

vCash
    I don't believe he did either. Chipper was just a great talent. He was also consistent during his prime playing years.

A good example of what steroids can do for a player is looking a Javy Lopez's '03 year and comparing it to the rest of his career. The only other time he hit more than 30 homeruns was in '98 and even then his other number didn't come close to his '03 year at 32 years old. Also, not proven, but I believe Brady Anderson was using them during his '96 season when he hit 50 homeruns. Anderson never hit more than 24 homeruns any other time during his career.

vCash
    Btw, if I was choosing a QB, I could go with Joe Montana and so between he a Brady a push. But my favorite QB growing up as a kid was Johnny Unitas. Master mind he had especially calling his own plays. Just saying.

But go watch Jim Brown, he was a beast, like someone described him back in his day, "If he revealed what under his shoulder pads you would see a big S and realize he was the real Superman"!

Now just to change the subject, but from what I've read about Jim Thorpe he may have been the GOAT for being an athletic. Dude was great in everything he did, baseball, football and track!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Btw, if I was choosing a QB, I could go with Joe Montana and so between he a Brady a push. But my favorite QB growing up as a kid was Johnny Unitas. Master mind he had especially calling his own plays. Just saying.

But go watch Jim Brown, he was a beast, like someone described him back in his day, "If he revealed what under his shoulder pads you would see a big S and realize he was the real Superman"!

Now just to change the subject, but from what I've read about Jim Thorpe he may have been the GOAT for being an athletic. Dude was great in everything he did, baseball, football and track!
    How are Brady & Montana a push?

vCash
    How do you know? Did you see Ruth play?

If not, then you?re just going off what someone told you rather than your own opinion
    How did Bonds compare when you saw Ruth play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

Agree with all this and personally would choose Montana over Brady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    You tell me which one looks like the better player

vCash
    Agree with all this and personally would choose Montana over Brady.
    Huh? Please explain...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Dang Hack!

Rep Given!

vCash
    This just isn’t solid reasoning. No evidence here.
    Lol what? Chipper Jones didn't use steroids. You can't prove that he did just like I can't prove that he didn't. But I can look at the trajectory of his health and production, and Chipper started breaking down
    during the same years Bonds and other steroid users kept rolling.

You're on this hill, and you're literally the only one.

vCash

He knows a guy who knows a guy who knows for a fact Chipper was juicing *