Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 3 major sports, GOAT.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah! If you can hit a baseball 500 feet.
    Sorry man but nope lol. Since I had my eye surgery though I can see that far now

ETA I can throw 2 hours of bp every single day though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I like both Brady and Joe, 1A and 1B to me. In fairness to Brady he won his first 3 Super Bowls with midgets at wr. Troy Brown, Deion Branch, David Patten etc and not much in explosive rbs either. Both are legends .
    There are a lot of parallels between the two for sure because that's similar to how Montana's first two Super Bowls were. It's kind of odd. Brady was in the stands as a 4 year old when Montana and the 49ers beat the Cowboys in The Catch game. I enjoy watching both play. And then Montana gets Rice and Brady gets Gronk and then they launch a second half of their career mini-dynasty.

vCash
    Sorry man but nope lol. Since I had my eye surgery though I can see that far now

I'd probably end up with Tommy John if I threw BP that much.

vCash
    “Some 20 years ago, I stopped talking about the Babe for the simple reason that I realized that those who had never seen him didn't believe me.”
    - Tommy Holmes (sportswriter)

“No one hit home runs the way Babe did. They were something special. They were like homing pigeons. The ball would leave the bat, pause briefly, suddenly gain its bearings then take off for the stands.”
    - Lefty Gomez (teammate)

“To understand him (Babe) you had to understand this: he wasn't human.”
    - Joe Dugan (teammate)

“If I'd tried for them dinky singles I could've batted around six hundred.”
    - Babe Ruth

vCash
    The Montana/Brady, Ruth/Bonds thing is sort of like Jim Brown and guys like Emmitt Smith.

I'm pretty sure as a player Brown was better. But by his choice he didn't play for a long time even though he could have. Smith has the better numbers. As does Walter Payton who I believe was also better than Smith too.

And I'll say Sandy Koufax had the best stuff I have ever seen on film. But he only had a six year peak and retired at 30.

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ArDKjEr_EE

I mentioned in an earlier post Galarraga was my personal favorite player ever. Here's a video of him in the Florida Marlins stadium hitting arguably the furthest homerun ever. MLB initially ruled it was 585ft but later changed it to less than Mantle's 565ft homerun. Personally I believe the change was made to keep Mantle in the record books but who knows. All I know is watching that video it's easy to tell it's one of the furthest homeruns ever hit.

Edit: https://www.mlb.com/cut4/andres-gala...ami-c281243076 It was estimated initially at 579ft.
    Last edited by Matt3467; 05-05-2020 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post

I mentioned in an earlier post Galarraga was my personal favorite player ever. Here's a video of him in the Florida Marlins stadium hitting arguably the furthest homerun ever. MLB initially ruled it was 585ft but later changed it to less than Mantle's 565ft homerun. Personally I believe the change was made to keep Mantle in the record books but who knows. All I know is watching that video it's easy to tell it's one of the furthest homeruns ever hit.

Edit: https://www.mlb.com/cut4/andres-gala...ami-c281243076 It was estimated initially at 579ft.
    Man I loved the Big Cat. I wished he stuck with managing a little longer i thought he would make a dam good manager.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd probably end up with Tommy John if I threw BP that much.
    With hs ball getting shutdown I've been having to do it to keep him sharp. I hope when he goes off to college this fall the coaches will be taking that off me lol. These pitchers are pansys now, heck I'm throwing 200 pitches a day everyday lol!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post

I remember when he was with the Braves and going through his cancer treatments my little boy would pray for him every night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Bonds is better than the Babe
    Remind me how many games Bonds won pitching? And Babe hit his bombs in the dead ball era without diluted pitching and he wasn't on drugs.

vCash
    ETA that's also what made Babes HR even more epic he was hitting a dead ball for parts of his career.
    Also, the mound was higher and only 8 AL teams, so pitching wasn't diluted. Plus the Babe was a hell of a pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Along with Ty Cobb.
    To Me it was Willie Mays--the best 5 tool player ever. Who played most of his games in Candlestick Park in the cold where the wind always blew in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Also, the mound was higher and only 8 AL teams, so pitching wasn't diluted. Plus the Babe was a hell of a pitcher.
    Truth!

vCash

That is a great skill in itself! I used to throw a couple hours of BP then about 12 innings worth of 6 outs...the last 4 innings with a dead arm...after which I couldn?t even wipe my ass without chewing on aleve!!!

BTW pm sent regarding your boy

vCash
    Trout isn't near Bonds. He's really good but he's not that.

You can pitch to Trout. Not Bonds
    Bonds was only like that for about 3 years extremely roided up. Most of his career was not as good as Trout. I would put Griffey Jr ahead of non roided Bonds. Bonds also lost what made him one of the best all around players in baseball by gaining all the weight. He was one of the few to chase the 40-40 club on a consistent basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Wouldn't argue with any of this here.

Roids will help increase bat speed.
    Which would also help batting average.

vCash
    One has 6 Super Bowls & the other has 4.

One had the best WR of all time for the duration of his career & one has had semi-garbage at WR for the better half of his career
    We will see how well Brady does at Tampa. Montana went to KC and made them good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Won't argue with most of that but he only had Rice for 5 of his playing years.

ETA: Gun ... I enjoy giving you a hard time cause you make it so easy haha.
    Brady also had Gronk who is maybe the hardest receiver to cover in the last 20 years and had a good to great Randy Moss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    That is a great skill in itself! I used to throw a couple hours of BP then about 12 innings worth of 6 outs...the last 4 innings with a dead arm...after which I couldn?t even wipe my ass without chewing on aleve!!!

BTW pm sent regarding your boy
    Oh I have to chew Aleve and heat and ice it but I get right back out there lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Brady also had Gronk who is maybe the hardest receiver to cover in the last 20 years and had a good to great Randy Moss.
    And he had Wes Welker who is maybe the greatest slot receiver of all time.