Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Would You Go to a Football Game Today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    How does me choosing to attend a game that you don't want to attend affect you?
    You have no symptoms but you go to your game. You infect the people you come in contact with. Monday one of them needs my services but he isn't symptomatic yet. You probably just gave it to me. By the time it's over you are the direct cause of an outbreak that sickens hundreds, all over a ballgame. Doing it because you have to be at work or out buying groceries is one thing, doing it because of a ballgame is something else. Its why I don't think you will see fans at games this fall, even if they ARE played. This thing is going to have to recede significantly before that happens. It is showing no sign of it yet even with the restrictions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    You. Are. Going. To. Get. This. Virus. No. Matter. What. Especially. If. You. Are. Essential. And. Already. Working. In. The. Public.
    I accepted that back in January when I first read about it. Some of you don't know the difference between concern for others and fear. I've already been very closely exposed at least once. I was lucky that time. It won't last forever now that things are ramping up. That doesn't mean I automatically think everyone else should too like most of y'all. Y'all have already made it very plain that a football game is more important to you than the old folks you know.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I accepted that back in January when I first read about it. Some of you don't know the difference between concern for others and fear. I've already been very closely exposed at least once. I was lucky that time. It won't last forever now that things are ramping up. That doesn't mean I automatically think everyone else should too like most of y'all. Y'all have already made it very plain that a football game is more important to you than the old folks you know.
    What we have made clear is that everyone is going to get it anyway, so not having football game crowds is absolutely pointless unless the hospitals are going to be overwhelmed by patients because of large events. Not having large events isn’t going to save lives.
    Last edited by Jarius; 05-05-2020 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    My risk is one I am required to take to do a necessary job. You want to risk everybody so you can go to a ballgame.
    So I guess you didn't like my response. Thus no comeback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Here's the way I see it, we can have football and I will be exposed, if I haven't already. And you can stay at home and go to work and you will be exposed, if you haven't already. OR we can not have football and the exact same thing will happen. We will both be exposed at some point. I"ll choose option A. You choose option B. And you can choose option B and bitch about me choosing option A, which made zero difference is us both getting exposed at some point.
    If it was just YOU at the football game then fine. I'd suggest you take a look at what the Liverpool Echo has to say about the A. Madrid @ Liverpool game back in March. That match should never have been held. It's not just the game, it's everything that went with such a mass attended event. At work we are going to extreme lengths to try to prevent spread. We have been issued regulations by the government right down to how the toliet can be used and what we wear home, and it's a very small number of people involved in delivering a vital service. It's not even remotely the same thing. It makes you look more than a bit ..........I won't go there.

vCash
    You have no symptoms but you go to your game. You infect the people you come in contact with. Monday one of them needs my services but he isn't symptomatic yet. You probably just gave it to me. By the time it's over you are the direct cause of an outbreak that sickens hundreds, all over a ballgame. Doing it because you have to be at work or out buying groceries is one thing, doing it because of a ballgame is something else. Its why I don't think you will see fans at games this fall, even if they ARE played. This thing is going to have to recede significantly before that happens. It is showing no sign of it yet even with the restrictions.
    Dude, I'll have a mask, glasses and gloves on....I'll be protected...if others aren't protected, don't blame me for them getting a virus...if you don't protect yourself, don't blame me if you get the virus....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    What we have made clear is that everyone is going to get it anyway, so not having football game crowds is absolutely pointless unless the hospitals are going to be overwhelmed by patients because of large events. Not having large events isn’t going to save lives.
    Large events mean large spikes . See the Liverpool Echo today. Y'all have made it very clear where your priorities are. Lives don't matter, football does. I love sports and missi it terribly, but some things are more important. You can live without sports.

vCash
    If it was just YOU at the football game then fine. I'd suggest you take a look at what the Liverpool Echo has to say about the A. Madrid @ Liverpool game back in March. That match should never have been held. It's not just the game, it's everything that went with such a mass attended event. At work we are going to extreme lengths to try to prevent spread. We have been issued regulations by the government right down to how the toliet can be used and what we wear home, and it's a very small number of people involved in delivering a vital service. It's not even remotely the same thing. It makes you look more than a bit ..........I won't go there.
    Clearly you didn't read a word I said. And you don't know what you are talking about. The point of slowing the spread was for hospitals. Nobody has said jack about "preventing " the spread. I suggest this if you want to be sure you are sure you don't get it, or prevent it, in you words, lock yourself at home for about, oh maybe the rest of your life. It ain't going away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    Dude, I'll have a mask, glasses and gloves on....I'll be protected...if others aren't protected, don't blame me for them getting a virus...if you don't protect yourself, don't blame me if you get the virus....
    Lol, I bet you actually believe that don't you. You don't wear a mask in public to protect yourself, unless it's an N95 and you better not be burning one of those so you can sit and watch a ballgame.). It protects others from you. Gloves are no better than your bare hands (for protection from respiratory viruses) unless you fully understand exactly what they do and, more importantly, don't do for you. Your comment says you in no way have any concept of that.

vCash
    Large events mean large spikes . See the Liverpool Echo today. Y'all have made it very clear where your priorities are. Lives don't matter, football does. I love sports and missi it terribly, but some things are more important. You can live without sports.
    And for the last time, people are going to die. It sucks. But slowing it doesn't stop death but you can't comprehend that. But glad you get a paycheck since you're so essential. Lots on here dont and I'm not talking about me.

vCash
    Clearly you didn't read a word I said. And you don't know what you are talking about. The point of slowing the spread was for hospitals. Nobody has said jack about "preventing " the spread. I suggest this if you want to be sure you are sure you don't get it, or prevent it, in you words, lock yourself at home for about, oh maybe the rest of your life. It ain't going away.
    I read it. The slowing of the spread is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Y'all don't even understand this enough to really discuss it. See the Echo today to see what a game can do to accelerate the spread. Y'all don't want to hear this because you want to go to the game no matter what. You have made this perfectly plain. It's all about you and your fun.

vCash
    I read it. The slowing of the spread is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Y'all don't even understand this enough to really discuss it. See the Echo today to see what a game can do to accelerate the spread. Y'all don't want to hear this because you want to go to the game no matter what. You have made this perfectly plain. It's all about you and your fun.
    My stance has ZERO to do w a game. It has everything to do w having a country left to live in. We are really close to economic disaster. We don't have two years plus to keep the growth slow. Hell we don't have two more months. But it's too hard for you to see mr essential. And yeah I do understand it. I understand completely it's just doesn't mirror your thoughts.

vCash
    You're exactly damn right. Some of us, and by the looks of it a large majority of us, want to go to a game. We want to be back around friends that we care about supporting a team that we love to cheer and bitch about on a daily basis. Some of us are looking forward to normal. And to be honest, it doesn't really matter what you, me, or anyone on this board thinks about when/if we should attend a sporting event. There's people that are paid quite handsomely to make those decisions. And if they decide that it's safe to be there then you can bet your ass I'm going to be there. But here's the thing with you saying that WE don't really know enough to discuss it, if you know so much then why aren't you the one making those decisions, why aren't you the one up at press conferences giving us updates. YOU'RE NOT. You're just like the rest of us, you have an opinion and you want to voice it, that's fine. But calling people out on their opinions and how they feel on a subject is completely over the line.

vCash
    My stance has ZERO to do w a game. It has everything to do w having a country left to live in. We are really close to economic disaster. But it's too hard for you to see mr essential. And yeah I do understand it. I understand completely it's just doesn't mirror your thoughts.
    Yeah if this goes much longer there ain't gonna be much left. I've got friends on the verge of losing everything they've worked there whole lives for because of a bug that 98+% will survive and majority won't even need medical treatment. This virus won't be a drop in the bucket compared to the economic devastation and lives shattered because of this shutdown.I guess those of us that want things flowing again will be labeled murderers next. Smh.

vCash
    And for the last time, people are going to die. It sucks. But slowing it doesn't stop death but you can't comprehend that. But glad you get a paycheck since you're so essential. Lots on here dont and I'm not talking about me.
    You can't comprehend that slowing the spread DOES prevent deaths. The longer we have to figure it out the more we can save. It's already happening to some degree. Y'all have made it plain you don't care. By the way, I'm NOT getting enough of a paycheck to sustain my business, which I own. Emergency stuff doesn't pay the bills. Another couple of months and I go under. I totally understand the other side. I just don't get people being so uncaring about mass death. I especially don't get it over something that is essentially entertainment. Mass events are not going to happen under current conditions. I want the same things you want, and preventing (or using the only word you seem to be able to understand, slowing) the spread as much as we can to allow for medical advancement is the only real way it is going to happen. If it doesn't change through a vaccine or treatment we won't see masss attended events for at least 18 months. By that time it will have killed enough and sickened enough that maybe it will subside on its own. The thing is, we don't even know if herd immunity is possible. The track record of viruses like this one is not encouraging. It's probabaly going to behave like the flu, except it is more contagious and kills more. I personally think the best case is a vaccine that works about like the one for flu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah if this goes much longer there ain't gonna be much left. I've got friends on the verge of losing everything they've worked there whole lives for because of a bug that 98+% will survive and majority won't even need medical treatment. This virus won't be a drop in the bucket compared to the economic devastation and lives shattered because of this shutdown.I guess those of us that want things flowing again will be labeled murderers next. Smh.
    Perfectly said. But if we go out to quick it will spike***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You're exactly damn right. Some of us, and by the looks of it a large majority of us, want to go to a game. We want to be back around friends that we care about supporting a team that we love to cheer and bitch about on a daily basis. Some of us are looking forward to normal. And to be honest, it doesn't really matter what you, me, or anyone on this board thinks about when/if we should attend a sporting event. There's people that are paid quite handsomely to make those decisions. And if they decide that it's safe to be there then you can bet your ass I'm going to be there. But here's the thing with you saying that WE don't really know enough to discuss it, if you know so much then why aren't you the one making those decisions, why aren't you the one up at press conferences giving us updates. YOU'RE NOT. You're just like the rest of us, you have an opinion and you want to voice it, that's fine. But calling people out on their opinions and how they feel on a subject is completely over the line.
    i have just seen so much here that is blatantly contrary to the science. Its hard not to ....go over the line. Take the guy above who says he is protected because he is wearing gloves and mask..........unreal.

vCash
    Perfectly said. But if we go out to quick it will spike***
    I think I'm gonna name my next dog spike or covid just for the heck of it lol!

vCash
    You can't comprehend that slowing the spread DOES prevent deaths. The longer we have to figure it out the more we can save. It's already happening to some degree. Y'all have made it plain you don't care. By the way, I'm NOT getting enough of a paycheck to sustain my business, which I own. Emergency stuff doesn't pay the bills. Another couple of months and I go under. I totally understand the other side. I just don't get people being so uncaring about mass death. I especially don't get it over something that is essentially entertainment. Mass events are not going to happen under current conditions. I want the same things you want, and preventing (or using the only word you seem to be able to understand, slowing) the spread as much as we can to allow for medical advancement is the only real way it is going to happen. If it doesn't change through a vaccine or treatment we won't see masss attended events for at least 18 months. By that time it will have killed enough and sickened enough that maybe it will subside on its own. The thing is, we don't even know if herd immunity is possible. The track record of viruses like this one is not encouraging. It's probabaly going to behave like the flu, except it is more contagious and kills more. I personally think the best case is a vaccine that works about like the one for flu.
    So we don't know if herd immunity is possible and if a vaccine will work. Your words. But let's sit around and destroy the country. And AGAIN, this has nothing to do w mass entertainment or football or whatever. Guess you don't care about the thousands that wont be able to afford to eat or kill themselves then either. Works both ways. And you can agree w this or not but if our food and farming situation doesn't improve and improve quickly, nobody will be able to afford to plant a crop or find any meat to eat. We have to go. NOW.

vCash
    So we don't know if herd immunity is possible and if a vaccine will work. Your words. But let's sit around and destroy the country. And AGAIN, this has nothing to do w mass entertainment or football or whatever. Guess you don't care about the thousands that wont be able to afford to eat or kill themselves then either. Works both ways. And you can agree w this or not but if our food and farming situation doesn't improve and improve quickly, nobody will be able to afford to plant a crop or find any meat to eat. We have to go. NOW.
    Yes yes yes! Here's something I've been following. With the global shutdown, predications are showing by the end of the year 250 million will be in danger of starving to death if the food supply chain is not started back and soon. So what do we do with those 250 million? Just say sorry folks we couldn't go to work because of a bug with 98% survival rate. Everyone's so focused on the damn virus they're not considering all the repercussions of the shutdown.