Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welfare scandal

vCash

Welfare scandal

Anyone know which NCAA events the article is taking about.

Not a good day to be Favre. BF also being investigated for trying to bring a branch of some research company from Florida here with Phil Bryant. Not sure if that's somehow tired into this or not.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ng/3076949001/

vCash
    I know one thing, if Shad White's on you, you got a serious problem. That guy is like a bulldog and he won't turn loose.

vCash
    Without reading the article, Favre seems bound and determined to get into some trouble. His name was being mentioned in one of the creme scheme groups awhile back.

vCash
    Nancy New the former head of these groups is a USM alum and involved with several boards there. She supposedly payed USM large sums of welfare money that was supposedly for rental of campus facilities for poor children to use but they were never used.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Nancy New the former head of these groups is a USM alum and involved with several boards there. She supposedly payed USM large sums of welfare money that was supposedly for rental of campus facilities for poor children to use but they were never used.
    After watching Shad speak yesterday, he?d make a better Gov than Tater!
    Man, he is Sharp & very well spoken without all the ?ah...ah?s? that Tater spews a lot. Tater needs to watch video of himself speak and correct that bad habit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    After watching Shad speak yesterday, he?d make a better Gov than Tater!
    Man, he is Sharp & very well spoken without all the ?ah...ah?s? that Tater spews a lot. Tater needs to watch video of himself speak and correct that bad habit.
    Shad is out for shad only.

vCash
    They built the USM volleyball facility with funds claiming some program with DHS was housing their offices there.

vCash
    So I assume that it's southern they are referring to that put on the NCAA tournament and etc with the welfare money?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Shad is out for shad only.
    How so....Do tell more...as Elite Dawgs want to know...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    How so....Do tell more...as Elite Dawgs want to know...
    He wants to use his spot as auditor to gain as much name recognition as possible. Wants to be your governor/senator/etc one day.

Decent enough guy (I think) and as long as his name recognition campaign exposes actual dirty deeds then more power to him, but he has started to poke around in certain areas he knows little about and is pissing off some of his friends (not me, I don't care). I figure he is smart enough to know when to step back though and not make permanent enemies of those friends, bc he will need them down the road for his next state office.

vCash
    He wants to use his spot as auditor to gain as much name recognition as possible. Wants to be your governor/senator/etc one day.

Isn't that just being a politician?

vCash
    I'm just glad Shad fixed his teeth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Isn't that just being a politician?
    Most of em, yep.

vCash

Decent enough guy (I think) and as long as his name recognition campaign exposes actual dirty deeds then more power to him, but he has started to poke around in certain areas he knows little about and is pissing off some of his friends (not me, I don't care). I figure he is smart enough to know when to step back though and not make permanent enemies of those friends, bc he will need them down the road for his next state office.
    I agree. Look at Waller vs Reeves. Waller never stood a chance. Reeves was backed by all the lobbying firms so naturally he had all the money. Until they cut lobbying out or limit it then the Governor will continued to be owned once elected. There is a reason Haley Barbour is living the high life right now.

vCash
    And until we start electing Mississippi State alumni into office things like this below are going to continue.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...re/1259266001/

vCash
    This was in the news months and months ago. Why has it taken so long to come out again? Indictments?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    How exactly is Favre not being prosecuted for this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Sounds like it could be an interesting new 30 for 30

USM’s “famous alumni” list will lose their only actually famous person

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    My guess, the article says Favre Enterprises was paid. Not Farve himself. Also putting two and two together.... not showing for any of the events... Farve had no Knowledge and never saw that money. Someone inside Farve enterprises was laundering the money for MCEC.

Why the hell would Farve knowing enter into something like this for 1.1 million? He wouldn't.