Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Would You Go to a Football Game Today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    Yo homes I protect myself so I don't have to concern myself with what others do......and I do know several people who have very compromised health situations where this virus would be a death sentence...so they are taking personal responsibility for their health and self isolating...it's hard but it's the reality of their health situation. Personal responsibility...what a concept....
    You use the words "personal responsibility" but are readily admitting that you will do exactly the opposite. Interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Are they comfortable with the choice you made for them?

vCash
    Exactly. Very well said. In my case, I'm slightly at risk if I get it. The problem is my wife is highly at risk. She has to work, and much of it can't be done at home. She is a essential worker in an essential field. She isn't at much risk of exposure the way her work is set up. On the other hand I'm at extreme risk of getting by the nature of what I do. I'm also in a essential field. We can cut back what we do, but we can't cut it out completely and it is impossible to do at home. It's people like me and my wife that fools who show no responsibility are by their choices putting at risk. They are choosing for us. We have no choice.

So it's others' fault that you have wisely chosen to stay in (due to your circumstances) other than when each of you has to go to work?

Even though your job or whatever you do puts you at extreme risk of being exposed?

Did you read what you typed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    The evidence shows this is nothing to worry about for 98% of people. I'm not worried for myself or my family. I don't listen to the hysteria, I look at the evidence and talk to my friends in the medical community (one of which is the director for a major hospital chain in the South). I doubt my Dad will go (he's older and has a heart issue) but he's the first one to say get out there and don't worry about it. I'm not going to lick the handrails at the games or anything like that but I'm certainly not going to live my life based on hypothetical what if's that make little to no sense (and the evidence is starting to debunk anyway). Heck, I'm far more concerned about the drive to the game. Sorry, we just see it different. Not going to argue about it though. That's what the COVID thread is for.

edited: I'm sure you guys are great Bulldogs, obviously I wish you nothing but great health and professional success. I want to be clear on that one.

Careful. People will start throwing out hypothetical graphs and charts and crucify you telling you that numbers don't lie for suggesting they are in fact hypothetical what if's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    So it's others' fault that you have wisely chosen to stay in (due to your circumstances) other than when each of you has to go to work?

Even though your job or whatever you do puts you at extreme risk of being exposed?

You obviously didn't. If you go to the game and get it and then have to use my services then by going to the game you put me at risk. You made the choice for me. I had no input at all. If I get it from you then the odds of my at risk wife having a real problem are pretty high. You guys' stance is I can do whatever the heck I want to and it affects no one but me. That just isn't true.

vCash

Yeah but he's not putting anyone in danger because he HAS to go*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah but he's not putting anyone in danger because he HAS to go*****
    I do have to go in certain circumstances. No choice. But hey, as long as you can go have fun at a football game then who cares about that.

vCash
    You obviously didn't. If you go to the game and get it and then have to use my services then by going to the game you put me at risk. You made the choice for me. I had no input at all. If I get it from you then the odds of my at risk wife having a real problem are pretty high. You guys' stance is I can do whatever the heck I want to and it affects no one but me. That just isn't true.
    Lulz. No, it's pretty clear cut what you said. Not a complex statement at all.

I guess you should just quit your job and find a new one that doesn't put you at such high risk.

Oh wait, you can't get a new one because nowhere is hiring.

Guess you won't do that so we should all just bow down to your requests.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You are dead wrong there. As it stands now, and that was the question, if you are part of a crowd you are putting others at risk. That's what most people can't seem to get through their heads, it's not about you.
    You can choose to get it now or you can choose to hole everyone up and kill the economy and then still end up giving everyone the virus anyway. The sooner you come to grips with the fact that most people are going to get this the sooner you Can stop perpetuating this bull shit. People wanting to close everything down until we have “a cure” are the selfish ones because they can’t see anything that isn’t 2 feet in front of them. If old people are scared to get the virus, old people can quarantine themselves. If you work with old people, quarantine yourself. Everyone else needs to do what they do on a daily basis so we can all get this and move on with our lives.
    Last edited by Jarius; 05-05-2020 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    Lulz. No, it's pretty clear cut what you said. Not a complex statement at all.

I guess you should just quit your job and find a new one that doesn't put you at such high risk.

Oh wait, you can't get a new one because nowhere is hiring.

Guess you won't do that so we should all just bow down to your requests.
    Yeah, lets get people to quit their jobs and stay home so you can go to a football game.

vCash
    Yeah, lets get people to quit their jobs and stay home so you can go to a football game.

Then you are a risk also in your own eyes. Cant have it both ways.

You can't throw your blanket statements accusing "fools who show no responsibility" of being the problem and try to limit it to just one event to fit your opinion.

Although, you've already proven you are going to point fingers at others to fit your own needs.

vCash
    You use the words "personal responsibility" but are readily admitting that you will do exactly the opposite. Interesting.
    How am I doing the exact opposite? I am controlling that which I can control.....that IS the definition of personal responsibility...having "you people " tell me how i should interact with the world is quite interesting....

vCash
    Here's the way I see it, we can have football and I will be exposed, if I haven't already. And you can stay at home and go to work and you will be exposed, if you haven't already. OR we can not have football and the exact same thing will happen. We will both be exposed at some point. I"ll choose option A. You choose option B. And you can choose option B and bitch about me choosing option A, which made zero difference is us both getting exposed at some point.

vCash
    Here's the way I see it, we can have football and I will be exposed, if I haven't already. And you can stay at home and go to work and you will be exposed, if you haven't already. OR we can not have football and the exact same thing will happen. We will both be exposed at some point. I"ll choose option A. You choose option B. And you can choose option B and bitch about me choosing option A, which made zero difference is us both getting exposed at some point.
    I can't rep this enough.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    And if the survival rate % of this virus was a paternity test result, we’d all be paying child support. Even the old people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The only thing that can "beat" this is a vaccine or herd immunity. Staying inside and quarantining ourselves also may make the disease worse in the long run because it could cause the disease to last longer. There are advantages to exposure. There are disadvantages to quarantining ourselves for a long period of time too.

The bottom line for me is if you feel OK going out and doing things- do it. If you feel guilty about maybe getting someone sick or don't feel safe to go out- then don't.

But it's not anyone else's place to tell someone that they are being "selfish" or put them on a big guilt trip because they want to go out and live their life. It's also not my place to tell someone that doesn't feel safe that they don't have the right to stay inside. So yeah- it goes both ways.

The problem is somehow the focus has shifted from what flattening the curve was supposed to do and was intended to do which was not overwhelm the health care system so that we wouldn't be in a situation where we would have to pick and choose who gets a vent and who doesn't and make decisions like that. I'm in a hot spot and we haven't had to make those decisions. I'm very thankful for that. And here's the reality- yes, as we open things up there will be a spike. And the media will freak out and I probably won't be able to get toilet paper. But because we flattened the curve at least the people that need vents and things like that our healthcare system won't be overwhelmed and we will have actually saved lives because we won't have to make those difficult decisions. And I do envision that it won't be as bad as the first wave simply because more people have antibodies built up.

Somehow it has gotten to be we just need to stay inside until we wake up and this is gone- even if it takes years. And that's not the right way to approach this to beat it. You talk about it being a war- it's pretty rare to win a war by just hunkering down the entire time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If you are older than 60 or have pre-existing conditions stay at home. The mortality rate based on positive Covid cases for those under 60 is .004.... if you throw in the non symptomatic people who haven?t been tested, it will be even lower.
    How does me choosing to attend a game that you don't want to attend affect you?

vCash
    Then you are a risk also in your own eyes. Cant have it both ways.

You can't throw your blanket statements accusing "fools who show no responsibility" of being the problem and try to limit it to just one event to fit your opinion.

Although, you've already proven you are going to point fingers at others to fit your own needs.
    My risk is one I am required to take to do a necessary job. You want to risk everybody so you can go to a ballgame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    How am I doing the exact opposite? I am controlling that which I can control.....that IS the definition of personal responsibility...having "you people " tell me how i should interact with the world is quite interesting....
    You are taking personal responsibility only up to where it affects you. You refuse to even acknowledge that you personally might be responsible for harming others. You are actually taking no real personal responsibility for your actions whatsoever. If you were really taking responsibility for your actions no one would need to tell you what to do, you would already be doing it.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep. without hesitation
    No Signature

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    My risk is one I am required to take to do a necessary job. You want to risk everybody so you can go to a ballgame.
    You. Are. Going. To. Get. This. Virus. No. Matter. What. Especially. If. You. Are. Essential. And. Already. Working. In. The. Public.