Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex box

vCash

Alex box

I just don't see how they seem to always be at the top or around the top. Yes it's a nice stadium but number 1? Their upper deck is equivalent to our south end zone. Eye sore. Their outfield is just assigned seating bleachers.

https://www.collegebaseball.info/pos...ing-to-players

vCash
    It's loud and rowdy.

Dudy Noble is a great experience and the nicest stadium, but, due to the LFL, much of our crowd is dispersed over a larger area making for a less rowdy, not quite as loud situation. Alex Box is a little like Tiger Stadium with the acoustics. For players, playing at Dudy Noble is amazing but from an aura standpoint, Alex Box is Broadway.

Just telling the truth here. The stadium is meh, but the LSU fans make it more. They are generally more engaged than MSU fans.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If you like bleachers you will love alex box!

vCash
    I understand. Hopefully they'll add some more lounges in the future to help. The lofts are nice but they don't fix that problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Yeah, the bleachers aren't great, but once there is a butt in the seat, there is no difference.

For the most part, not sure if it's culture or what, but LSU fans are just more focused on the game than MSU fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Nothing captures the majesty and grandeur of college baseball like sunlight glistening off of polished aluminum...**

vCash
    Also, and this may be unpopular, but a large amount of our fans are older couples, and they're just not as likely to get loud and act a fool. We have a great atmosphere, don't get me wrong, but we don't have the level of crazy that LSU fans have

vCash
    Our atmosphere is more of a traditional baseball atmosphere, which I love. LSU's atmosphere is more like a football atmosphere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Our atmosphere is more of a traditional baseball atmosphere, which I love. LSU's atmosphere is more like a football atmosphere.
    Correct

It's the difference between Wrigley Field & Yankee Stadium.

vCash
    I haven’t been to the current version of the Dude, but I noticed after they built the first version of the stadium, it was nowhere near the same atmosphere for the games I went to compared to the old rinky dink Dudy Noble field when all they had was bleachers and the left field lounge. Those were some crazy crowds back in those days. But it’s pretty much that way anytime they build a new stadium and try to add a more luxury touch to it.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Check the You-tubes of the last super regional that was the last games of Jake Mangum and Big Hit Mac at Dudy Nobel. That may change your mind.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Check the You-tubes of the last super regional that was the last games of Jake Mangum and Big Hit Mac at Dudy Nobel. That may change your mind.
    Yes, for a Super Regional Dudy Noble was amazing. There's no doubt.

For a typical SEC weekend, Alex Box is louder & more rowdy. It just is what it is. The fans are more intense on the game.

So whenever you see a poll, because Alex Boxer is better more weekends, there are going to be more players that see Alex Box as the best.

vCash
    A lot of players have not been to the new DNF yet. We were set to break the DNF crowd record this season, and could have seen its full potential with standing room only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    A lot of players have not been to the new DNF yet. We were set to break the DNF crowd record this season, and could have seen its full potential with standing room only.
    Crowd size is only a piece of the puzzle though. It's way more about the intensity in the ballpark.

When you go to Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park, they intensity of the crowd is completely different than Wrigley Field or Dodger Stadium.

That's the difference for a typical game at Alex Box vs Dudy Noble. I honestly wish we'd improve in this regard

vCash
    Go to Alex Box and truly observe the fans. Regardless of age, they are there for one reason and that is to freaking cheer and be loud. 85 year old people screaming their asses off.

I love the new Dude and don’t miss a game but the blue hairs in the chairbacks around us literally would burst into flames if the even clapped along, much less screamed like everyone does at the Box.

vCash
    I just moved back to Madison from Baton Rouge (3 years), observe fans or not ... been to games a plenty at both stadiums, give me Dudy any day over Alex Box. It's not even a comparison.
    Last edited by PKADogs55; 05-02-2020 at 04:54 AM.

vCash
    I have OM friends that try to argue that same point ... it's not happening. Sorry, call me bias, but No Sir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Crowd size is only a piece of the puzzle though. It's way more about the intensity in the ballpark.

When you go to Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park, they intensity of the crowd is completely different than Wrigley Field or Dodger Stadium.

That's the difference for a typical game at Alex Box vs Dudy Noble. I honestly wish we'd improve in this regard
    Gun I'm not picking on you ... but I've been to Fenway, Old NYY Stadium, and I've been to Wrigley .. all 3 on opening days. How do you judge insensitivity? Is that what truly makes a ballpark? The experience all around is what makes it. Hell ... the Old Fulton County stadium, was on par with all those .. and I'm a die hard Boston fan.
    Last edited by PKADogs55; 05-02-2020 at 05:09 AM.

vCash
    What makes a great ballpark is different for everyone. I'm just telling you why players typically vote Alex Box over DN

vCash
    The new Dudy did not address student participation.

Poor forethought/planning or what ever.

But it looks nice.