Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new deal: Dak Prescott

vCash

The new deal: Dak Prescott

I saw somewhere $140 for four years. Anyone else seeing this? I can't find it now or anywhere else.

vCash
    Who knows, but the man has been through so much.

vCash
    A fake account tweeted that yesterday.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I saw somewhere $140 for four years. Anyone else seeing this? I can't find it now or anywhere else.
    That?s what Dak wants but the cowboys are offering $175 for five years.

vCash
    Thanks. Good to know.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    That?s what Dak wants but the cowboys are offering $175 for five years.
    175 for 5 sounds about right. Make 185 for 5.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Dak wants a shorter contract to get to his next contract faster so he can cash in again. In QB and RB world, 1 year can make a massive difference.

The value of 140 for 4 and 175 for 5 is the exact same. If Dak were 2 years older I bet he would be happy with 175 for 5. But Dak will be 31 in 4 years. He's much more likely to get another big time contract the younger he is when he comes back on the market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Dak wants a shorter contract to get to his next contract faster so he can cash in again. In QB and RB world, 1 year can make a massive difference.

The value of 140 for 4 and 175 for 5 is the exact same. If Dak were 2 years older I bet he would be happy with 175 for 5. But Dak will be 31 in 4 years. He's much more likely to get another big time contract the younger he is when he comes back on the market.
    Plus the new CBA will have passed by that time and with it higher cap which means a boatload of more money.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    This is getting old really. I mean, Dak is good and he?s in the Top 5-7 qb?s in the league. Just sign a damn contract. I mean, it?s $37m a year. You just won 8 games. Quit holding out already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Plus the new CBA will have passed by that time and with it higher cap which means a boatload of more money.
    Exactly. Dak and his side know what they are doing. And Dallas does too. They want an additional year of control during his prime years at what could be a discounted number. Sounds ridiculous that $35 million a year could be a discounted rate but it very well could be with the new parameters of the CBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    This is getting old really. I mean, Dak is good and he?s in the Top 5-7 qb?s in the league. Just sign a damn contract. I mean, it?s $37m a year. You just won 8 games. Quit holding out already.
    Totally agree; Dak is not coming across positively because of this protracted process. Appearing to be more and more like most all professional athletes - self-centered and suffering from terminal greed. Having said that, thoughts and prayers for him in the loss of his brother.

vCash
    You guys are damn fools if you think he should settle. He just had one of the best years in franchise history. He's not greedy. He's smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You guys are damn fools if you think he should settle. He just had one of the best years in franchise history. He's not greedy. He's smart.
    I 100% agree on this statement. Dak has played at a severe ((SEVERE)) discount since the day he took over as QB1. No other QB in the league has played under similar circumstances that I can remember. Multiple years as starting QB1 with pay on the scale of a back up kicker. He deserves to get everything he can exactly how he wants it. Why not just demand a contract that guarantees him 175 million over 5 years, but each year he has to get paid as a minimum top 5 qb in the league. If Jerry wants him for 5, make concessions that he will stay in the top 5 for the duration of the contract.

Year 1 - #1 paid QB per year
    Year 2 - maybe top 3 qb per year, but salary stays exactly where it is
    Year 3-5 - has to match the the 5th best if they all exceed his contract per year amount.

Or hell, go 5 years 200 million and be done with it. all guaranteed money.

Jerry is a baller, time to show what being a big time billionaire owner is worth.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Exactly. Dak and his side know what they are doing. And Dallas does too. They want an additional year of control during his prime years at what could be a discounted number. Sounds ridiculous that $35 million a year could be a discounted rate but it very well could be with the new parameters of the CBA.
    The truth is Dallas should have signed him to a real contract 2 years ago. but noooooooo. They took that extra cash and put it in their pockets. Paying Zeke wayyyyy too much money. Finally getting WR1 on board with amari. Now none of that works without prescott.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The truth is Dallas should have signed him to a real contract 2 years ago. but noooooooo. They took that extra cash and put it in their pockets. Paying Zeke wayyyyy too much money. Finally getting WR1 on board with amari. Now none of that works without prescott.
    Paying Zeke what they did is going to be an issue I think in this. They shouldn't have paid him what they did. And you are correct. Dak should have been the first contract they took care of.

Dak has a lot of power and they have the offensive weapons and I think the HC to win big now. I think ultimately Dallas gets a deal done for him unless Jerry decides to do something drastic like eat a bunch of dead cap and trade for Rodgers after this year. But the options out there aren't very good and the draft next year has 2 big time QBs that will go Top 3 picks and are probably out of range of Dallas. Dak has a ton of leverage.

vCash
    Double post

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    *Slow Clap*

vCash
    Define settle. He needs to strike a balance between money and years before the June deadline to make sure there is 75-100 million guaranteed, otherwise he will play this season with the franchise tag and nothing guaranteed going forward. One broken hip/neck/etc and nothing more after this year. Can't take that kind of risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Define settle. He needs to strike a balance between money and years before the June deadline to make sure there is 75-100 million guaranteed, otherwise he will play this season with the franchise tag and nothing guaranteed going forward. One broken hip/neck/etc and nothing more after this year. Can't take that kind of risk.
    He doesn't need to sacrifice anything. If Dallas decides not to do it (I believe they will), he gets the tag and makes even more somewhere else next year. That offense is loaded with three good WRs and a solid receiving TE, along with a pretty good Zeke. That defense is going to give up points and that offense will be on the field a lot. I see one helluva season coming for Dak if that OL protects even decent. Teams will line up for Dak after this season and Dallas knows it.

vCash
    He doesn't need to sacrifice anything. If Dallas decides not to do it (I believe they will), he gets the tag and makes even more somewhere else next year. That offense is loaded with three good WRs and a solid receiving TE, along with a pretty good Zeke. That defense is going to give up points and that offense will be on the field a lot. I see one helluva season coming for Dak if that OL protects even decent. Teams will line up for Dak after this season and Dallas knows it.
    This guy gets it. I'm you guys saying he should take the deal don't realize just how underplayed he has been thus far. And quit listening to the media that is being fed by Jerry!