Thread: NCAA Shuts Down 1 Time Transfer Rule

vCash

NCAA Shuts Down 1 Time Transfer Rule

NCAA shut down the one time transfer proposal today. My guess is that this is directly associated with the name and likeness legislation and then realizing that those two rules will struggle to co-exist.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/s...85091114487811
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    NCAA still gonna let everyone know who is in charge with all these rule changes they are doing. Good or Bad, the GLeague really got them to squeal and give in along with the recent California legislation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    NCAA still gonna let everyone know who is in charge with all these rule changes they are doing. Good or Bad, the GLeague really got them to squeal and give in along with the recent California legislation.
    True NCAA knows the name and likeness legislation is far more important than the one time transfer rule and they know they've got to figure out that rule first or the chance of this becoming a shit show is higher

vCash
    This is the right call since they are tied together. The name and likeness thing is going to be a royal pain to figure out. I get the reason for it but they are being compensated even though its probably not enough. I'd rather cap coaches pay and make all monies go to general scholarship fund and keep the rules the same but that's not going to happen.

I just don't know of a great way to make that rule fair for athletes without opening Pandora's box of trouble.

But since that rule as mentioned directly affects the transfer portal then you've got to pull that back and try to figure it all out at once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    This is the right call since they are tied together. The name and likeness thing is going to be a royal pain to figure out. I get the reason for it but they are being compensated even though its probably not enough. I'd rather cap coaches pay and make all monies go to general scholarship fund and keep the rules the same but that's not going to happen.

I just don't know of a great way to make that rule fair for athletes without opening Pandora's box of trouble.

But since that rule as mentioned directly affects the transfer portal then you've got to pull that back and try to figure it all out at once.
    I still don't buy the "they are not getting paid enough" thinking. they are getting a 200-250K free education with all the perks and experiences of a rock star while in college. And this is even for those just able to make the scout team. The top stars are gonna get paid in pros. The colleges are the ones that are giving them the opportunity to go to the next level. So tell me, who is missing out? Why are they underpaid?

I love sports but this obsession or worship and entitlement of athletes is ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I still don't buy the "they are not getting paid enough" thinking. they are getting a 200-250K free education with all the perks and experiences of a rock star while in college. And this is even for those just able to make the scout team. The top stars are gonna get paid in pros. The colleges are the ones that are giving them the opportunity to go to the next level. So tell me, who is missing out? Why are they underpaid?

I love sports but this obsession or worship and entitlement of athletes is ridiculous.
    Yeah, this opinion is not popular anymore, but it's one I share. When people who can run fast, jump high, and catch balls are being paid orders of magnitude more than our soldiers, teachers, police officers, doctors, engineers, paramedics, and firefighers, then you know our priorities as a society are jacked up.

But, it is what it is at this point. Any regular on this forum is enabling it anyway. :\

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Yeah, this opinion is not popular anymore, but it's one I share. When people who can run fast, jump high, and catch balls are being paid orders of magnitude more than our soldiers, teachers, police officers, doctors, engineers, paramedics, and firefighers, then you know our priorities as a society are jacked up.

But, it is what it is at this point. Any regular on this forum is enabling it anyway. :\
    Ha, disagree with your last statement. How is a regular on an opinion board contributing to that line of thinking and action? I speak and act on what I believe; don't see how that is adding to what I am against??

vCash
    The laws of supply and demand are no more a function of nobility than the laws of motion or thermodynamics. Rarer things require more in exchange to acquire or experience than things that occur more frequently or readily.

Thank God that the ability -- and heart -- to teach or heal or rescue are not nearly as rare among the population as exceptional, highly specific, highly developed athletic skills. Thank God. If they were, then absolutely none of us mere mortals could ever expect to be educated, treated, or saved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    NCAA shut down the one time transfer proposal today. My guess is that this is directly associated with the name and likeness legislation and then realizing that those two rules will struggle to co-exist.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/s...85091114487811

Fabian Lovett Case

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Fabian Lovett Case

Yeah, our bet just got more interesting.

Just because they won't pass this rule though doesn't mean they won't rubber stamp every transfer

vCash
    So the guys who are in the portal are no longer in the portal? KT might be stuck. I guess he can transfer if MSU lets him but will he be able to play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    So the guys who are in the portal are no longer in the portal? KT might be stuck. I guess he can transfer if MSU lets him but will he be able to play?
    KT is a grad transfer. He will be immediately eligible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yeah, our bet just got more interesting.

Just because they won't pass this rule though doesn't mean they won't rubber stamp every transfer
    They won’t be telling us whether they are rubber stamping them or if it’s because of the tweet.

Not sure what that matters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    They won’t be telling us whether they are rubber stamping them or if it’s because of the tweet.

Not sure what that matters
    True, but we'll get a good idea due to what is happening in other non related cases

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ha, disagree with your last statement. How is a regular on an opinion board contributing to that line of thinking and action? I speak and act on what I believe; don't see how that is adding to what I am against??
    Just saying if you care enough about college sports to frequent your team's message board/s, then you most likely buy the school's athletics gear, attend games, donate to the programs, watch on TV, etc. etc. All of that makes sports the big money business it is, thus enabling the athletes.