Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints pick of Tommy Stevens didn't shock one guy...

vCash

Saints pick of Tommy Stevens didn't shock one guy...

vCash
    7th round pick really shouldn't shock anyone ... that's not really taking a big chance in my book - kinda like me dropping a few hundred bucks on the Blackjack table to see how the cards are falling ... obviously this is just a metaphor but the same concept applies .... Tommy is worth a look if you have the money and going in the 7th is affordable for any NFL team
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    7th round pick really shouldn't shock anyone ... that's not really taking a big chance in my book - kinda like me dropping a few hundred bucks on the Blackjack table to see how the cards are falling ... obviously this is just a metaphor but the same concept applies .... Tommy is worth a look if you have the money and going in the 7th is affordable for any NFL team
    Didn't he run a 4.49 forty at the combine? His size and if that speed is correct, he will fit right in with NO. I did see him being drafted mention on the Penn St message board. He only started four or five games in four years of college ball and gets drafted. Let that sink in. Just think if he was in a good offensive system.

vCash
    Not combine-timed. Privately held.

vCash
    Did not realize that Moorhead was still living in Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Didn't he run a 4.49 forty at the combine? His size and if that speed is correct, he will fit right in with NO. I did see him being drafted mention on the Penn St message board. He only started four or five games in four years of college ball and gets drafted. Let that sink in. Just think if he was in a good offensive system.
    Just think if he was healthy.

vCash
    I can buy..... NFL coaches seeing his size, arm strength and speed and giving him a chance at QB. But to suggest he is going to play another position on the field, that isn't protected from hits..... is baffling to me.

vCash
    Taysom Hill was injured his whole college career too. These type players are becoming more common every year.

vCash
    Typical JoMo take on things, "tough guy who has overcome injuries". Wish him the best, but he seemed to stay hurt all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I can buy..... NFL coaches seeing his size, arm strength and speed and giving him a chance at QB. But to suggest he is going to play another position on the field, that isn't protected from hits..... is baffling to me.
    I saw an interview with Joe Montana and he said something interesting about getting hit. He said as a quarterback it wasn't really the hits that injured him as much as it was players grinding you into the ground after you get hit. Basically his point was if they could somehow prevent players from grinding the QB in the ground it would be better.

Interesting take even though I'm not sure I 100% agree with it. But he has way more QB experience than I do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Taysom Hill was injured his whole college career too. These type players are becoming more common every year.
    So was Patrick Willis at ole miss.

vCash
    We shall see.

A shoe string tackle vs USM injured him this year.

vCash
    Let's face it, Tommy Stevens will probably end up shattering every record Brees has. That would be the most MSU thing ever.

vCash
    And Shae Shae got nae nae lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    So was Patrick Willis at ole miss.
    Patrick Willis played his last egg bowl with a broken hand and led his team in tackles.

Moorhead's boy sat out his only egg bowl.

vCash
    Patrick Willis played his last egg bowl with a broken hand and led his team in tackles.

Times have changed since then as well. Are coaches even allowed to let the kid play now with a broken hand without fear of backlash or even being fired?
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 04-29-2020 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    Fitz is a better athlete overall, if that is what the Saints are looking for...a utility player.

vCash

I hate Ole Miss as much as the next guy but Patrick Willis was one tough SOB and a heck of a football player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Fitz is a better athlete overall, if that is what the Saints are looking for...a utility player.
    The problem is Fitz isn't accurate enough at QB to fill that role. He could play WR or TE though.

vCash
    Fitz is one of my favorite all time MSU QB's, but Tommy may have presented himself as a more coachable player in terms of willingness to do whatever it takes to make a team's roster, as well as intangibles/leadership skills.