Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a little surprised at how little I find myself missing MLB

vCash

I'm a little surprised at how little I find myself missing MLB

I know I was following it a bit less and less with each passing year, but still got fired up for Fantasy Baseball and watched the Braves a decent amount. So it surprises me that I miss it way, way less than MSU baseball.

Anyone else feeling the same way or just me?

vCash
    I miss it so much I can hardly breathe... not corona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I miss it so much I can hardly breathe... not corona.
    Same here.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I miss MLB, College, High School, just miss baseball period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I know I was following it a bit less and less with each passing year, but still got fired up for Fantasy Baseball and watched the Braves a decent amount. So it surprises me that I miss it way, way less than MSU baseball.

After the strike of 94 I lost a lot of my interest in MLB and even the Braves ... it slowly came back over time but never to where it used to be.... When the Braves sold the team and started the big rebuild they lost me again - this time it just didn't come back - not because I was mad or anything, but after a year or two there just wasn't enough interest to keep me watching and following the way I used to
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I had a habit of watching the Braves every evening.

vCash
    I miss it a bunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I miss MLB, College, High School, just miss baseball period.
    I miss MSU baseball bad. I worked outside a lot this past month and boiled crawfish and played cornhole a couple times. It was strange not having State baseball on the radio.

vCash
    Not having MSU baseball this spring has been brutal. We had just started finding our groove too. I?ll always wonder what possibly could have been for this team...,

vCash
    Bart Giamatti wrote this about baseball, it's my favorite and it's so true:

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops."

My son was in the middle of his senior season, when it all came to a crashing end. They were defending state champs, he had recruiting visits lined up the week of spring break that had to be cancelled, and it's been hard watching him have to go through this. He was a 4 year starter so we do have a lot of great memories of his high school baseball career. Some of his buddies were starting for the first time this year and weren't as fortuante. My oldest son was doing his student coaching at West and I got to watch my boys in the same dugout, one playing, one coaching and that was special to me. Sure missing baseball or all the activities involved with being a senior don't compare with a loved one dying but it hurts to watch your kid go through something you have no control over. I am a person of faith and even though this is tough there are brighter days ahead for sure. Yeah baseball can break your heart but it's the finest game in the world and it's been a part of my life since I was 6 years old, and now it's a part of my familes lives. My wife and daughters even love the game! Once baseball gets in your blood it's there for good! Sorry for the rambling, but I love and miss the game!

vCash
    I miss it, esp the Braves but it's not depressing. Not being able to attend the AA games in Biloxi just plain sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post

SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH!

vCash
    I have never missed MLB. the on game I miss is football. I am use to the long period with out football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Bart Giamatti wrote this about baseball, it's my favorite and it's so true:

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops."

My son was in the middle of his senior season, when it all came to a crashing end. They were defending state champs, he had recruiting visits lined up the week of spring break that had to be cancelled, and it's been hard watching him have to go through this. He was a 4 year starter so we do have a lot of great memories of his high school baseball career. Some of his buddies were starting for the first time this year and weren't as fortuante. My oldest son was doing his student coaching at West and I got to watch my boys in the same dugout, one playing, one coaching and that was special to me. Sure missing baseball or all the activities involved with being a senior don't compare with a loved one dying but it hurts to watch your kid go through something you have no control over. I am a person of faith and even though this is tough there are brighter days ahead for sure. Yeah baseball can break your heart but it's the finest game in the world and it's been a part of my life since I was 6 years old, and now it's a part of my familes lives. My wife and daughters even love the game! Once baseball gets in your blood it's there for good! Sorry for the rambling, but I love and miss the game!
    I feel for your kid Commerce. Thinking back on it, I could have given a rip about any of my senior year - other than my baseball season. That was both the best and the worst season I ever played (way too long to get into), and it was a life experience that literally changed me as I made my decisions about my next phase in life. I played on team with a lot of guys I'd played ball with and against since I was 6 years old, and we had (and still have) a real bond from having shared some incredible experiences. Almost 30 years later I can still reach out to anyone of those guys for anything and they are there. I couldn't imagine not having that last season with them. My best to you and the fam.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    The season of spring now moving to summer just doesn’t feel right without baseball. A weekend turkey hunting trip is supposed to end with me driving home listening to a Sunday afternoon state game. Our yearly trip to Tennessee was strange when we got to the other side of bham and didn’t have a Braves game to find on the radio.

Watching these classic games on mlb network is bitter sweet, especially day games as it reminds me of the best part of baseball. I don’t know if it’s actually watching games that I miss or just the comfort of knowing there is a game available for me to watch.

vCash
    I miss it a good bit. My main baseball interests are MLB especially the Cardinals, MSU and SEC baseball, and I like the World Baseball Classic when it comes around. I'm not as in to minor league baseball but I do support the Mississippi teams at least once a year in Pearl and Biloxi.

They do have Korean baseball playing right now so there is that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I feel for your kid Commerce. Thinking back on it, I could have given a rip about any of my senior year - other than my baseball season. That was both the best and the worst season I ever played (way too long to get into), and it was a life experience that literally changed me as I made my decisions about my next phase in life. I played on team with a lot of guys I'd played ball with and against since I was 6 years old, and we had (and still have) a real bond from having shared some incredible experiences. Almost 30 years later I can still reach out to anyone of those guys for anything and they are there. I couldn't imagine not having that last season with them. My best to you and the fam.
    Thanks, I appreciate that! Best to y'all too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    The season of spring now moving to summer just doesn’t feel right without baseball. A weekend turkey hunting trip is supposed to end with me driving home listening to a Sunday afternoon state game. Our yearly trip to Tennessee was strange when we got to the other side of bham and didn’t have a Braves game to find on the radio.

Watching these classic games on mlb network is bitter sweet, especially day games as it reminds me of the best part of baseball. I don’t know if it’s actually watching games that I miss or just the comfort of knowing there is a game available for me to watch.
    Well said!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    After the strike of 94 I lost a lot of my interest in MLB... it slowly came back over time but never to where it used to be
    This is basically me. I'm a Reds/Braves fan... yeah, don't ask, and the Reds have sucked for years. I miss sitting on the deck when the weather is nice and turning on a game for a few innings and having a couple brews. Now MSU baseball is a whole other feeling!

vCash
    I normally would be watching MLB, college baseball, and college softball. Instead, I'm doing 17ing yard work and cooking and working on my old ride.
    On a positive note, my company has told me I'll be working at least half the week at home from now on. So, I'll get to see even more ball when this is over (if I survive it).