Thread: Yahoo Labels MSU as One Of Top Developers Of 3 Star Talent...

vCash

Yahoo Labels MSU as One Of Top Developers Of 3 Star Talent...

Pretty cool here.

We've just got to recruit better. Leach's staff has got so much evidence to sell. So many facts & hard data to walk into the home of a prospect & sell them. Real data that most other schools don't have.

Yes, Mullen gets a ton of credit, but that's small minded. So much of the credit has to also be given to the school, the culture, athletic academic staff, trainers, etc.

[tweet2]1254779410680438784[/tweet2]

https://sports.yahoo.com/which-colle...125011523.html
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    In the last 10 years, MSU has had more players drafted than Auburn. Let that sink in

vCash
    Matt Wyatt's show today is fire.

Basically destroying Ole Miss' culture.

Ole Miss fans are responding that MSU hasn't won any championships....

It's coming. Keep building the right way

My hope is that MSU fans & the state of Mississippi will take pride in this & market it.

So many MSU fans need to come to grips with how special our program is & how much greater it can be, but are unable to see it because Bama & LSU steal all the oxygen in the room.

We can be great. We havd done all this & we still don't have this thing near figure out. The train has only been running at 65-75%. There another level we can achieve & build too.

Forget about 1945-1991. It's over, it's irrelevant. We aren't that program anymore.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-27-2020 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

My hope is that MSU fans & the state of Mississippi will take pride in this & market it.

So many MSU fans need to come to grips with how special our program is & how much greater it can be, but are unable to see it because Bama & LSU steal all the oxygen in the room.

We can be great. We havd done all this & we still don't have this thing near figure out. The train has only been running at 65-75%. There another level we can achieve & build too.

Forget about 1945-1991. It's over, it's irrelevant. We aren't that program anymore.
    Years ago, around 2012-3, when Dan was being "debated" on one of our message boards, someone made a terrific post about what it would take for MSU to build to a championship level. That person basically called it a 20 year build, and that to do it we had to "do it the right way" by creating a culture that produced NFL talent regularly, and we had to sustain it through a couple of coaching changes. That we had to focus on the long game and not go "all in" like Ole Miss did.

That post has stuck in my head all this time. I really believe that a "long game" approach has been followed by our leadership, and this next phase with Leach is where it takes off to a whole new level.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

If this is referring to football, Ole Miss hasn't either. Their claims to any NC in football is totally fictional. Please tell me who crowned them.....Ladies Home Journal???
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Years ago, around 2012-3, when Dan was being "debated" on one of our message boards, someone made a terrific post about what it would take for MSU to build to a championship level. That person basically called it a 20 year build, and that to do it we had to "do it the right way" by creating a culture that produced NFL talent regularly, and we had to sustain it through a couple of coaching changes. That we had to focus on the long game and not go "all in" like Ole Miss did.

That post has stuck in my head all this time. I really believe that a "long game" approach has been followed by our leadership, and this next phase with Leach is where it takes off to a whole new level.
    Is there any concern that we lose the physical-ness at the line of scrimmage with leach that we, for the most part, had under dan and in 2018? I think leach will preach toughness, so that's positive. Just seems there is a propensity for pass first air raid teams to be soft at the line of scrimmage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    If this is referring to football, Ole Miss hasn't either. Their claims to any NC in football is totally fictional. Please tell me who crowned them.....Ladies Home Journal???
    OM fans arguing that state's plan for recruiting and development hasn't won any championships. Presumably, that means our way was no better than their way of trying to out recruit/spend uga and bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

That post was spot on

Hopefully, we parlayed that into getting the peak years of Mike Leach's career.

Also, as some of the early Mullen era NFL player's careers begin to come to an end, hopefully those guys will want to be around the program and assist in taking it to the next level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Is there any concern that we lose the physical-ness at the line of scrimmage with leach that we, for the most part, had under dan and in 2018? I think leach will preach toughness, so that's positive. Just seems there is a propensity for pass first air raid teams to be soft at the line of scrimmage.
    We've to evolve with the times.

Bama has evolved and they're doing fine.

vCash
    OM fans arguing that state's plan for recruiting and development hasn't won any championships. Presumably, that means our way was no better than their way of trying to out recruit/spend uga and bama.
    Here the secret. You can't get away with much cheating until you earn it by winning and developing players.

A&M is the only one that gets the benefit of the doubt without earning it. Not sure why

vCash

This is the Current State of OM Culture

Called out by Sports Illustrated .. Some quotes ..

"The perception of the Ole Miss football program around the NFL, around the NFL scouting community and among NFL media draft evaluators is very different than the perception of the Ole Miss football program in Oxford.

I'm not even sure who's fault this is ? but there's no way to watch the last three days of the NFL Draft and not come to the conclusion that Ole Miss football has an NFL problem."

The 2020 NFL Draft came and went without a single Rebel drafted. Two hundred and fifty-five college football players were drafted. Not one was from Ole Miss. It's the first time this has happened since 2013, but bizarrely the fourth time this has happened since the draft went down to seven rounds in 1994.

LINK https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/f...goes-both-ways
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash

Agree on the evolve. Just have to find the right mix.

But bama has backslidden tremendously when it comes to dominating physically up front, on both sides of the ball. They do have first round skill guys, so they have still won. But they aren't the same dominant force at the line of scrimmage they use to be.

vCash
    Agree on the evolve. Just have to find the right mix.

But bama has backslidden tremendously when it comes to dominating physically up front, on both sides of the ball. They do have first round skill guys, so they have still won. But they aren't the same dominant force at the line of scrimmage they use to be.
    I agree with that, but the game has changed. I'm not sure Bama could play physical LOS type style there used to anymore & still win.

The QB & WR play is too good across college football now. If you load up on huge DL, LBs, & safties, you'll get burned in the passing game. In 2011-2015, I'm not sure that happens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Neal McCready. He's not a fan and totally unbiased. Just ask him.

vCash
    Good article

vCash
    In the last 10 years, MSU has had more players drafted than Auburn. Let that sink in
    I totally agree with the premise of the 1st post, however, just so that some State fan doesn't see this, go repeat it, and then get called and look like an idiot, I am going to have to point out that this isn't correct.

In the last 10 years Mississippi State has had 34 players drafted, and Auburn has had 38. Also, gotta throw in there that Ole Miss has only 23 players drafted in that same time period. Recruiting rankings are a really good resource for fans, and give you a good idea of the players you are bringing in, but it is by no means a perfect science, and never will be.

vCash
    Bama, LSU, UGA, etc don't have to recruit developmental players. We do. Fortunately MS produces several each year.

vCash

True somewhat but they are Bama too. They also struggled to run the ball last year at times too. Even Bama struggled to pull it off. it is a legitimate concern.

vCash
    Apparently Dak didn’t make this list because he was a 4th round pick.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.