Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints sign jameis Winston

vCash

Saints sign jameis Winston

1-year deal.

I love this signing. Winston is still just 26. Payton might can fix this guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    1-year deal.

Totally disagree. This guy living in the Big Easy? What could possibly go wrong**

vCash
    Tell me everything you know about arians system. Every signal, the meaning of every word at the line of scrimmage, etc...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Tell me everything you know about arians system. Every signal, the meaning of every word at the line of scrimmage, etc...
    I doubt Sean will be able to explain that to Jamies. ****

vCash
    Winston is a guy that's wasted his ability. He can't get out of his own way. That generally doesn't change after you've lived that way for an extended period. Still a solid back up if he can control himself.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 04-26-2020 at 08:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Winston is a guy that's wasted his ability. He can't get out of his own way.
    Maybe this is the wake up call he needs. He will get to watch one of the best (brees), and get taught by one of the best (Payton). If he's still immature, cut bait. This is no risk

vCash
    Saw a post on twitter about speeding the draft up. Said if he wanted to see 32 picks in three hours he'd just watch Jamies play.

vCash
    Winston actually has extremely small hands and that is a major reason for his issues with accuracy.

Yes, the wildness doesn't help, but from an evaluation standpoint, the small hands are reason. Good luck fixing that.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Winston actually has extremely small hands and that is a major reason for his issues with accuracy.

Yes, the wildness doesn't help, but from an evaluation standpoint, the small hands are reason. Good luck fixing that.
    So what's your opinion on burrow? Burrow at 9". Winston at 9.375". I think hand size is certainly relevant, but not an end all/be all

vCash
    So what's your opinion on burrow? Burrow at 9". Winston at 9.375". I think hand size is certainly relevant, but not an end all/be all
    - First off, it'll be interesting to see Burrow actually ends up with the same issue.

- Secondly, everyone is different. Some guys have other traits that allow them to overcome it. Some guys don't. It's a little bit like pitchers with crappy arm actions: if they throw strikes & command the ball with the bad arm action, then it's irrelevant, but if they can't do those things, they likely never will

- When I watch Winston play: 2 things are clear - The ball pops out of his hand & he's got great arm strength, but the ball also sails him consistently & that's a pretty true sign of small hands.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-26-2020 at 10:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    - First off, it'll be interesting to see Burrow actually ends up with the same issue.

- Secondly, everyone is different. Some guys have other traits that allow the to overcome it. Some guys don't. It's a little bit like pitchers with crappy arm actions: if they throw strikes & command the ball with the bad arm action, then it's irrelevant, but if they can't do those things, they likely never will

- When I watch Winston play: 2 things are clear - The ball pops out of his hand & he's great arm strength, but the ball also sails him consistently & that's a pretty true sign of small hands.
    Perhaps you're right. I trust Sean Payton more than you though on qbs. If Sean likes him, good enough for me

vCash
    Perhaps you're right. I trust Sean Payton more than you though on qbs. If Sean likes him, good enough for me
    Don't me wrong... I don't mind the idea by Payton, as at worst Winston is a hell of a back up that can win you a game. And I agree, if anyone can help Winston, it's Payton.

However, I just wouldn't bet on him ever being much if any better than what he's been.

vCash
    Payton and Brees have always liked him. Winston spent his 1st couple of offseasons working with Brees.

vCash
    1-year deal.

Nope. This is a ridiculous decision. Everyone in the league is laughing at Loomis and Payton. What a shitshow.

vCash
    We need to merge this thread with the one about "culture"....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Nope. This is a ridiculous decision. Everyone in the league is laughing at Loomis and Payton. What a shitshow.
    Winston nfl ranks in 2019:
    Yds - 1st
    Td - 2nd
    Yds/att - 5th
    Ints - most in nfl
    Sacks - 2nd in nfl

Obviously the ints are a problem, but he was under constant pressure and he's a back up. Laughing at the saints for signing Winston as a backup, yeah right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    They said the same when The Saints signed Teddy Bridgewater to the big contract a few years ago. This is a can't hurt signing and all they have to do is keep him out of the Quarter.

vCash
    Did the deal include soft shell crabs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    They said the same when The Saints signed Teddy Bridgewater to the big contract a few years ago. This is a can't hurt signing and all they have to do is keep him out of the Quarter.
    Who is they? Bridgewater is/was nowhere near the interception machine that Winston is.

vCash
    Winston nfl ranks in 2019:
    Yds - 1st
    Td - 2nd
    Yds/att - 5th
    Ints - most in nfl
    Sacks - 2nd in nfl

Obviously the ints are a problem, but he was under constant pressure and he's a back up. Laughing at the saints for signing Winston as a backup, yeah right

There are 2 other available QBs that would have made a ton more sense.

Flacco and Newton