Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Just in case you still didn't know how bad Joe was

vCash
    Bored... working from home random thoughts.

JoMo era....I recall the 2nd half of the Florida game being taken back to the Croom era. I felt there was no way we would score, baring a punt return or pick 6. He lost a large portion of the fan base that night.

I can't believe I actually went to the music city bowl. Whole E sh.... the team was flat. The fans seemed flat. And I almost didn't get a damn ticket. The seat I did get... sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

JoMo era....I recall the 2nd half of the Florida game being taken back to the Croom era. I felt there was no way we would score, baring a punt return or pick 6. He lost a large portion of the fan base that night.

I can't believe I actually went to the music city bowl. Whole E sh.... the team was flat. The fans seemed flat. And I almost didn't get a damn ticket. The seat I did get... sucked.
    You brave soul. At that point, I didn't even want to watch but like a train wreck, I had to look.

Agree with you on UF game. That was the game, I knew we could not recover from Joe.

vCash
    It was the Kentucky game to me, of course Kentucky had a good team that year but we had a better one. We were a -14.5 point favorite that game and we absolutely shat the bed against them with the worst game plan I have ever seen in my life. That game prepared me for the Florida game expecting a loss to them.

vCash

Odd as it sounds- I went to support MSU and Cohen because I know how hard he worked to get us in that bowl.

To me it seemed like our fans were pissed off. Not like yelling stuff rage mad pissed off. Just sitting there silently pissed off. I've never seen a MSU crowd like that. I wouldn't have gone if I knew Shrader was going to be out honestly too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

To me it seemed like our fans were pissed off. Not like yelling stuff rage mad pissed off. Just sitting there silently pissed off. I've never seen a MSU crowd like that. I wouldn't have gone if I knew Shrader was going to be out honestly too.
    I agree Todd. Very odd vibe in stadium for that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    It was the Kentucky game to me, of course Kentucky had a good team that year but we had a better one. We were a -14.5 point favorite that game and we absolutely shat the bed against them with the worst game plan I have ever seen in my life. That game prepared me for the Florida game expecting a loss to them.
    My thoughts exactly. Team was flat, unprepared, and undisciplined. Moorhead appeared on the sidelines like he was in a daze and didn't know what to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Team was flat, unprepared, and undisciplined. Moorhead appeared on the sidelines like he was in a daze and didn't know what to do.
    I have never been more mad and frustrated after a ball game in my life than that one, I couldn't even sleep that one off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    Cohen offered big time extension after TAMU and Mullen was honest and open and told him he had accomplished all he could here and was ready for change. Napier?s agent has him holding out for USCe after 2020. He is convinced a change is coming there.
    Mullen was actually leaving after '16, he just couldn't get a decent job offer with a 5-7 regular season. Offseason after '15 was when everything hit the fan. We went 9-4 (Dak's SR year) and Keenum got so fed up with Mullen's job shopping that we wouldn't give Mullen an extension or a raise. Mullen would likely have never stayed anyway but he definitely wasn't staying after that. He displayed his bitterness by showing up coaching in shorts against USA to start the '16 season. But you can't get many top line jobs off a losing season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Mullen was actually leaving after '16, he just couldn't get a decent job offer with a 5-7 regular season. Offseason after '15 was when everything hit the fan. We went 9-4 (Dak's SR year) and Keenum got so fed up with Mullen's job shopping that we wouldn't give Mullen an extension or a raise. Mullen would likely have never stayed anyway but he definitely wasn't staying after that. He displayed his bitterness by showing up coaching in shorts against USA to start the '16 season. But you can't get many top line jobs off a losing season.
    Dan is lucky we didn't tell him to take the Maryland job. That's how I would have handled it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Team was flat, unprepared, and undisciplined. Moorhead appeared on the sidelines like he was in a daze and didn't know what to do.
    That was way too common under Moorhead. That was the sure sign he was in way over his head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And he managed to lose the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    You brave soul. At that point, I didn't even want to watch but like a train wreck, I had to look.

Agree with you on UF game. That was the game, I knew we could not recover from Joe.
    Y'all were both one game late. If you didn't see it at uk game you were behind. Those that were on board last Florida were blind w maroon glasses. And there were many.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Y'all were both one game late. If you didn't see it at uk game you were behind. Those that were on board last Florida were blind w maroon glasses. And there were many.
    The craziest were the people who actually thought it was a good hire when we didn?t even interview Scott Satterfield or Neal Brown. I am glad we have Leach but it is still hard for me to understand Cohen hiring Moorhead and not even interviewing those 2. Especially Brown who was a right over in Troy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I wasn't surprise by the loss to UK that game. They had a lot momentum going into that game and it was their first sec home game of the year. So i chalked that loss up to them just being good and playing well. Which was true.... but yeah... hindsight, we were unprepared and didn't play well either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    The craziest were the people who actually thought it was a good hire when we didn?t even interview Scott Satterfield or Neal Brown. I am glad we have Leach but it is still hard for me to understand Cohen hiring Moorhead and not even interviewing those 2. Especially Brown who was a right over in Troy
    I think that was a flaw in our overall program philosophy. Our athletic department made a decision that would have been sound for MSU in 2009. But not for MSU football 2018.

I'll be honest- I thought Moorhead was a good hire at the time and I don't remember anyone at the time saying it was a bad hire either. I'm not talking MSU message boards- I'm talking national writers.

And I'll be honest again- I wasn't too alarmed by losing to Kentucky or Florida- both really good teams that year- just because it was year one and sometimes growing pains happen. Heck- Dan did the same thing a lot of years rarely beating good teams himself. And I believe people deserve a chance to fix things and learn lessons. And then after LSU- I'm not roasting any coach for losing to LSU on the road- the team did improve until the end of year. The Outback Bowl started to worry me some just because it was a cluster and it seemed to me like we went back to the things we were doing the first half of the year. Tennessee for me was the last straw. Like I said- I'll give a coach a chance to fix things but after I as a fan gave him that chance he didn't do it. And then his comments in press conferences just pissed me off- the Bob at Bogue Chitto, dragging his family into it, and then the Egg Bowl rant- it was just unprofessional.

But this goes back to having an inexperienced AD at the time who I per rumor got some bad advice and the then disconnect between MSU and the fans and the expectations for the program overall. And I think that disconnect is getting resolved based on the early returns.

vCash
    Agree. No use in rehashing it, but either Satterfield or Brown would have been a much better hire.

vCash
    I hope we aren't back, in another two years, asking why we didn't hire Clark.

vCash
    I wouldn?t blame Cohen for not hiring Clark because he doesn?t have the big wins. Brown won on the road at a couple power 5 schools. Now if he hired another OC over Clark then I would?ve been irritated. Leach will either be a disaster or we will be making the playoffs. I don?t really see 7-5 much with him. I see either 3-9 or 10-2,11-1

vCash
    I remember someone on here saying Cohen was taking Loafers advice that MSU's football plan was to take coordinators and not sitting HCs. I understand that Satterfield was very interested and not even given a courtesy interview.

vCash
    Please explain this one...

If ML is here 2 years or 22 years it’s a great hire period... no matter what happens