Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just in case you still didn't know how bad Joe was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He was mind boggling bad.
    Joe was mind boggled, when he got down here and realized what he knew about football needed to be tossed out the window and there was no back-up plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Off the cuff all of those sounds like good hires. Lemonis inherited a shit load of talent. Let's see how history works out before we anoint any of them.
    Not a bad idea.

vCash
    Joe did not command the respect of our players and tried to be their friends and therefore they did not respect him. He simply did not demand enough discipline to succeed in a conference with people like Saban who are uber disciplined.

That's pretty much the bottom line on him and his tenure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We had 2 proven sec RBs with one coming off a 1100 yard season, will have our 4th olinemen on an nfl roster today after Williams gets drafted (Jenkins and Calhoun started in nfl as rookies), and the sec all time leading rusher for qbs. We could have ran 80% of the time and won 10 games easily. Let's don't even discuss the defensive talent. Mullen left joe a monster, and he made it a muppet baby.
    Thought about this some more and my response has changed to ... Naww, it was all Fitz' fault **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    His tenure was effectively over after he lost to Dan Mullen. We spent the next 20 games playing out the string.
    I knew after the Kentucky game in his first year that he was totally out of his league. The team was unprepared and undisciplined.

vCash
    Joe underestimated the speed of the SEC. His foolproof offense worked at Fordham against slow, white dudes and at Penn State where he had Saquon Barkley, but you take that all away, and he had know idea how to adjust to an SEC defense. None.

vCash
    It really shows how bad he was when you look at our draft picks last year and this year compared to say ole Miss. We had the talent. No coaching. I could have gone out there and won more games than he did. He was just "too smart for his own good". I agree that the play calling worked against lesser opponents. I think more than that, he needs someone to keep his play calling in check. It was too slow. You can't go against some of the best coaches and players in the nation and give them time to adjust to your play each down. Especially when some teams have ex coaches that only study their opponents. Adding to that what someone said above, you can't expect a player who isn't a passes to throw 30+ times in a rain storm. Moorhead is a great offensive coordinator when he has someone to cut out the crap. I think that he's a great guy and wish him well but a HC in the SEC, he is not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Joe underestimated the speed of the SEC. His foolproof offense worked at Fordham against slow, white dudes and at Penn State where he had Saquon Barkley, but you take that all away, and he had know idea how to adjust to an SEC defense. None.
    Hud and Johnson showed him how to adjust his offense and he was too stubborn to swallow his pride. That Auburn game was the best game we played that season. Joe was more worried about being an offensive coordinator than a head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    It was not obvious from the very beginning. It didn't work out, but it was overwhelmingly well received.
    It was obvious to some and should have been obvious to Cohen. As someone who is around a ton of coaches he should have picked up on the signals that jomo wouldn?t cut it. I saw it and I know several that did also. Or I guess we just got lucky and it played out exactly like we predicted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    It really shows how bad he was when you look at our draft picks last year and this year compared to say ole Miss. We had the talent. No coaching. I could have gone out there and won more games than he did. He was just "too smart for his own good". I agree that the play calling worked against lesser opponents. I think more than that, he needs someone to keep his play calling in check. It was too slow. You can't go against some of the best coaches and players in the nation and give them time to adjust to your play each down. Especially when some teams have ex coaches that only study their opponents. Adding to that what someone said above, you can't expect a player who isn't a passes to throw 30+ times in a rain storm. Moorhead is a great offensive coordinator when he has someone to cut out the crap. I think that he's a great guy and wish him well but a HC in the SEC, he is not.
    I think he had too much on his plate. I also think it seemed to me at least like he was always trying to make some spectacular RPO special play call every time and sometimes all you need to do is have the QB hand it off or run something high percentage like a slant. To me I had the impression that he was maybe a little too concerned about what others thought about him in the industry and when it all came together he ended up just trying too hard to impress people. Which is probably the root of why he had those crazy ass rants in press conferences about fans hurting his daughter's feelings with their criticism in the stands, The Veranda or wherever, the Bob from Bogue Chitto comments, and finally the Egg Bowl press conference rant.

He REALLY should have hired Joe Brady on his staff instead of Breiner.

I'll sure many will disagree but at it's core I don't think his offense was that bad. LSU isn't incorporating your ideas into their offense and you aren't landing on your feet in Oregon as their OC if you're completely trash. I think the MAIN problem again mostly goes back to discipline. To run offenses you have to be very precise in the SEC and that only happens with discipline in the offseason and from a coach that basically demands perfection along with a lot of reps. For example- how much did Fitz work with our receivers in the offseason before 2018? It seemed like he was always going to a beauty pageant and rumors were that he was hanging out in Georgia a lot. And yeah, I get that his girlfriend was there- but could she not have come to Mississippi some too? Or more than she did? If you want to reach your full potential you HAVE TO put the work in. I don't feel like he did. But I also don't feel like our entire TEAM did either. Especially last season.

So, to be clear Moorhead should have been the one demanding that our players work harder than they did. And because they weren't TOLD to by Moorhead I don't totally blame the players for acting the way that they did because it's human nature to take advantage of that. I remember a story about Dan when he first got here demanding that Tyson Lee work on his footwork in the mirror 200 times/reps a day by himself. That's the kind of work that has to be put in to reach your full potential in the SEC at all positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It worked at Fordham because they were the only team in their league giving out football scholarships. They are the Vanderbilt baseball of that league.

We would win the SEC running the Notre Dame box if we were the only team in the league giving out scholarships.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Hud and Johnson showed him how to adjust his offense and he was too stubborn to swallow his pride. That Auburn game was the best game we played that season. Joe was more worried about being an offensive coordinator than a head coach.
    So true. Those 3 games told me about all I needed to know about Joe - UK, UF, AU.

vCash
    Joe Brady made JoeMo a lot of money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Cohen was absolutely forced to get him out of there. Cohen is the problem...not the solution. One day everyone will be on the same page on this. Just stand by.
    You are dead wrong on this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Cohen was absolutely forced to get him out of there. Cohen is the problem...not the solution. One day everyone will be on the same page on this. Just stand by.
    While I'm not a Cohen fan, Cohen wanted him gone. He wasn't allowed until a couple issues late last year. Just like Cohen wants beer sales but can't get them.

vCash
    I'm betting Moorhead is a one year OC at Oregon. He's that damn bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm betting Moorhead is a one year OC at Oregon. He's that damn bad.
    This is what I'm thinking ... unless he has elite NFL skill players like he did at PSU.

vCash
    If Cohen wanted him gone, and there was pushback by admin or boosters, there lies another issue. Sometimes, we can't get out of our own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    While I'm not a Cohen fan, Cohen wanted him gone. He wasn't allowed until a couple issues late last year. Just like Cohen wants beer sales but can't get them.

vCash
    Looks like I jinxed d. Williams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    I knew when Moorhead had Fitz throw the ball 30 plus times in a driving rainstorm in Lexington in '18, he wasn't going to cut it. Mullen would have uglied that game to death, ran the football and won. His gameplan for LSU in Baton Rouge was a complete shit show as well. People were defending him on this board up until the moment he was fired.
    That was the game that did it for me. It takes a special kind of stupid to come up with that game plan.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"