Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: buy or sell - Costello is a first round pick next year.

vCash

buy or sell - Costello is a first round pick next year.

I buy.

vCash
    Soft buy.

vCash
    I buy.

We don't have the WRs for him to make a Burrow type run, unless Heath turns into He man, but I could seem him being compared to Herbert if everything clicks. Mid 1st rounder maybe
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Sell. We need wr to step up significantly and Costello hasn't been able to practice with them to get in rhythm. I think that if everything had gone as planned then yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Sell. We need wr to step up significantly and Costello hasn't been able to practice with them to get in rhythm. I think that if everything had gone as planned then yes.
    Good points. Costello is extremely bright & Leach's offense is apparently easy to learn.

It will rest on our WRs though.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    This is hard. You've got a lot of teams with temporary QB situations next year or have aging QBs. Bears, Broncos, Falcons, Saints, Bucs, Colts, Patriots, Lions, and Steelers all come to mind as ones that might would take one first round.

I'll say sell. I think he's the 5th QB off the board and goes 2nd round.

vCash
    Hard sell

vCash
    Sell, but I say 2-3rd round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Sell, but I say 2-3rd round.
    Same here.

vCash
    I'll short that investment vehicle...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I don't think we really know what we have with our team. I think suspensions, lack of discipline, and poor S&C cost us three games last year- K-State, Tennessee, and the Music City Bowl. I think it also skews our opinions of what our talent level is. And yes, MSU fans are always wait and see conservative believe it till I see it people.

I also think the worst part of Moorhead's system was how he used our personnel with his belief in the "top five"- which basically limited us unnecessarily. Especially when it relied on our top three WR's which was a weakness in our team. It limited how we used guys like Aeris Williams and Nick Gibson. Kylin catches the ball as well or better than some of our receivers. Why not use Hill in the slot some or even outside some when you don't lose a lot with Aeris or Gibson at RB?

With Leach we're going to get more guys touches. That's only going to benefit us as the best offenses I have seen IMO all spread the ball around to all eligible receivers and runners.

vCash
    Sell.

Doubt there's any college football this fall, and he isn't a current 1st

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sell.

Doubt there's any college football this fall, and he isn't a current 1st
    The vast majority of AD's disagree with you. About football this fall. Not Costello.

The fact that the country is about to start opening up gradually soon makes me side with the AD's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The vast majority of AD's disagree with you. About football this fall. Not Costello.

The fact that the country is about to start opening up gradually soon makes me side with the AD's.
    I really wanna be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't think we really know what we have with our team. I think suspensions, lack of discipline, and poor S&C cost us three games last year- K-State, Tennessee, and the Music City Bowl. I think it also skews our opinions of what our talent level is. And yes, MSU fans are always wait and see conservative believe it till I see it people.

I also think the worst part of Moorhead's system was how he used our personnel with his belief in the "top five"- which basically limited us unnecessarily. Especially when it relied on our top three WR's which was a weakness in our team. It limited how we used guys like Aeris Williams and Nick Gibson. Kylin catches the ball as well or better than some of our receivers. Why not use Hill in the slot some or even outside some when you don't lose a lot with Aeris or Gibson at RB?

With Leach we're going to get more guys touches. That's only going to benefit us as the best offenses I have seen IMO all spread the ball around to all eligible receivers and runners.
    I dunno ... Most times I read these boards a lot folks saying 8 min and 10 max. And that's in years where there's practically no way. Despite the fact that we've only had a 10 win season 3 or so times in our history.

vCash
    Sell...not buying. We don't have the wr and who knows when he gets to start syncing with the wr's we have..

vCash
    I was thinking 3rd while ago and maybe with really good year 2nd. But more I think about it ... Too many variables so I'm saying 3rd to 5th if he don't get hurt.

vCash
    Sell

vCash
    Sell. 4th round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I dunno ... Most times I read these boards a lot folks saying 8 min and 10 max. And that's in years where there's practically no way. Despite the fact that we've only had a 10 win season 3 or so times in our history.
    10 wins is "special" for us. But we have been consistently winning 8 games a year. And now a down year for us is 6-6. That's pretty good relative to our history. If we maintain 8 wins in a typical year for us getting to 9-10 really isn't a stretch.

I normally give a range because there are always toss up games that can go one way or the other. I think our floor is about 6 wins and 10 is probably our ceiling. There's just more unknown with this team than other years.