Thread: Dune (2020)

vCash

Dune (2020)

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ya-oscar-isaac

So yeah....saying I'm looking forward to this would be an understatement.

Villeneuve is one of my favorite directors working right now (Sicario, Arrival, Enemy, Bladerunner 2049), and as much as I love David Lynch's Dune from the 80's, it is undoubtedly a very flawed film...I'm excited to see where Villeneuve takes it. The cast for this movie is stacked, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ya-oscar-isaac

So yeah....saying I'm looking forward to this would be an understatement.

Villeneuve is one of my favorite directors working right now (Sicario, Arrival, Enemy, Bladerunner 2049), and as much as I love David Lynch's Dune from the 80's, it is undoubtedly a very flawed film...I'm excited to see where Villeneuve takes it. The cast for this movie is stacked, too.
    I think Dune needs to be multiple films like LOTR but I'm very much looking forward to this film also. One of the biggest problems with the 80's Dune is they tried to cram all the nuance and info from the book into 2 or so hours. It'll be interesting to see how Villeneuve handles it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    I think Dune needs to be multiple films like LOTR but I'm very much looking forward to this film also. One of the biggest problems with the 80's Dune is they tried to cram all the nuance and info from the book into 2 or so hours. It'll be interesting to see how Villeneuve handles it.
    Totally agree. I was surprised to read in this piece that Villeneuve plans 2 films, as I hadn't seen that anywhere during production (and I've been following it pretty closely). More the better, though...just take my money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Totally agree. I was surprised to read in this piece that Villeneuve plans 2 films, as I hadn't seen that anywhere during production (and I've been following it pretty closely). More the better, though...just take my money.
    Dune is such a dense book that it needs to be 2-3 movies. It has been a long time since I read any of it but it isn't the easiest reading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Dune is such a dense book that it needs to be 2-3 movies. It has been a long time since I read any of it but it isn't the easiest reading.
    If it's multiple movies they could include some of the background that can found in the books written by Brian Herbert which would help explain the Atreides/Harkonnen hate and other points that the 80's movie glossed over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    If it's multiple movies they could include some of the background that can found in the books written by Brian Herbert which would help explain the Atreides/Harkonnen hate and other points that the 80's movie glossed over.
    I read the "prequels" back in the day. It was pretty interesting and the old Dune movie went over it with roughly 5 minutes of monolog.

I am really excited for the new movie.