Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else surprised Vic hasn't put out the official "thank you" press release yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic601 View Post
    If I had a clue how to post pictures, I would. I am new to this whole message board stuff but I have the screen shot. It was up about 15 minutes and deleted.
    I really want to see this Tweet.

vCash
    Someone on Sixpack screenshot his FACEBOOK page and he’s removed ever working at MSU.

Again, something doesn’t pass the smell test here
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    This entire thing just seems odd. I feel like I'm at a poker table with a low stack and just made a careless bet.

vCash
    I'll get ripped for this but here's my two cents based off my personal experience. Vic always came off like a used car salesman to me, to the point where I've always been surprised at how well he recruits. I know to a degree that all of these guys are salesmen, but I spent time with Stans, Cannizzaro, Lemonis, Jackie and some other assistants that are great recruiters and Vic is the only one that made feel like I needed to wash my hands after (remember, I've been critical of Cann...he was a meat head and a liar but still likable). One time, I was seated next to Vic at a baseball game, 2016 I think, and he had several of the girls with him but was also recruiting so there was a recruit or two and their parents and I remember listening and thinking 'this guy is completely full of shit'. Anyway, the guy always had that TV evangelist air about him if you ask me, so nothing with him would surprise me. That being said, he did a hell of a job here and I fear we are going to take a step back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    Something is definitely up. Ms Mary posted on Twitter, Vic's Facebook profile. Showing his current job and all his past stops. Mississippi state is the only thing not listed.
    Not quite correct 7 years as head coach at Sam Houston State is not listed, did say he studied kinesiology at SHSU.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    I'll get ripped for this but here's my two cents based off my personal experience. Vic always came off like a used car salesman to me, to the point where I've always been surprised at how well he recruits. I know to a degree that all of these guys are salesmen, but I spent time with Stans, Cannizzaro, Lemonis, Jackie and some other assistants that are great recruiters and Vic is the only one that made feel like I needed to wash my hands after (remember, I've been critical of Cann...he was a meat head and a liar but still likable). One time, I was seated next to Vic at a baseball game, 2016 I think, and he had several of the girls with him but was also recruiting so there was a recruit or two and their parents and I remember listening and thinking 'this guy is completely full of shit'. Anyway, the guy always had that TV evangelist air about him if you ask me, so nothing with him would surprise me. That being said, he did a hell of a job here and I fear we are going to take a step back.
    I always thought he reminded me of a TV evangelist too. I never would have said that while he was here. My least favorite coach as far as personality. But obviously he was our best coach too. Just wasn't a big fan of how he came off.

vCash
    I read the 6 pack post about Vic and saw the tweet from Dansbury. I am confused like many about this tweet, also yes it is weird Vic didn't list Msu on his FB page but I could care less. He is gone and ain't coming back just like Dan. I thank him just like I did with Dan and I'm thankful for what he did at Msu.
    In today's times with Coaches, it's a business, I hate we lost him for whatever reason but I also think his ego plays a big part of him going to "greener pastures". Texas is like that Beauty Queen that some think would be a dream wife, then they find out there is much drama involved and it ain't always about what is perceived on the outside.

Yes it is weird Vic is gone but to each their own, I love Msu way more than Vic or any Coach. Msu will survive and we will be ok in women's basketball, but maybe not consistently winning like the past 8 years, but maybe we win our first Natty also. Time will tell.

vCash
    100% Randolph...if Vic even thinks you can help him, he’s a nice guy. If not, he is an arrogant jerk. I know this from personal experience in multiple settings, both professional and casual.

Excellent coach, just not this wonderful person above reproach he’s been made out to be. I’m not at all surprised he handled things the way he did either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Ugh... dude. think about where you live. Do you still live in MS..and if not why not... Maybe someone that grew up and spent the great majority of his life in tx.. felt it's a better fit for him and his family.
    This is why shotgun is insufferable. He says kids should have loyalty to MS if they are from MS and stay in state.

But when Vic says he wants to go home and an opportunity comes up to be near his family and near where he was born, something must be up with MSU and Vic sucks.

Literally makes no sense. It's Shotguns schtick but he can't even stick to that.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 04-08-2020 at 08:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This is why shotgun is insufferable. He says kids should have loyalty to MS if they are from MS and stay in state.

But when Vic says he wants to go home and an opportunity comes up to be near his family and near where he was born, something must be up with MSU and Vic sucks.

Literally makes no sense. It's Shotguns schtick but he can't even stick to that.
    I find it amazing how quick people are to bash Starkville and MSU, when usually there is more to the story.

I'm not saying that he didn't want to go home. I'm simply saying there is more to this just like there is more to it with most of the recruit$ that leave the state.

There is more to this yet some just want to believe it's always about MSU's location or Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I find it amazing how quick people are to bash Starkville and MSU, when usually there is more to the story.

I'm not saying that he didn't want to go home. I'm simply saying there is more to this just like there is more to it with most of the recruit$ that leave the state.

There is more to this yet some just want to believe it's always about MSU's location or Starkville.
    I have to agree about "there is more yet" about Vic. It's no doubt he loves Texas. I wish him well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I have to agree about "there is more yet" about Vic. It's no doubt he loves Texas. I wish him well!
    I'm going to wait until the missing piece of evidence comes out before wishing him well.

It may take a month or so, but at some point it'll come out in the wash

vCash
    My frustration with many MSU fans is that they are so quick to buy into the other's people's opinions on Starkville & the location of MSU that they just write every thing off as being due to that instead of there being more.

It happens every year with recruits, coaches, students, etc. They are so convinced that every place is better than Starkville that they immediately blame everything bad thing that happens on that instead of thinking more critically & attempting to find the real reason.

Is Austin, TX a cool town? yes, but it's also super liberal (which I'm assuming doesn't mesh with Vick's values) & I'm guessing Vick ain't mixing it up on 6th street at night.

Additionally, the man was building a mansion in Starkville & had already built a program. He traded both of those in to rebuild a program & be closer to his dead parents?

Doesn't add up to me. Sorry, I don't buy the entire Starkville & MSU sucks narrative. It just doesn't add up.

I'd be willing to bet an awful lot that there is more to this story. Sorry if that bugs the simplicity person that thinks our school & town suck

vCash
    My frustration with many MSU fans is that they are so quick to buy into the other's people's opinions on Starkville & the location of MSU that they just write every thing off as being due to that instead of there being more.

It happens every year with recruits, coaches, students, etc. They are so convinced that every place is better than Starkville that they immediately blame everything bad thing that happens on that instead of thinking more critically & attempting to find the real reason.

Is Austin, TX a cool town? yes, but it's also super liberal (which I'm assuming doesn't mesh with Vick's values) & I'm guessing Vick ain't mixing it up on 6th street at night.

Additionally, the man was building a mansion in Starkville & had already built a program. He traded both of those in to rebuild a program & be closer to his dead parents?

Doesn't add up to me. Sorry, I don't buy the entire Starkville & MSU sucks narrative. It just doesn't add up.

I'd be willing to bet an awful lot that there is more to this story. Sorry if that bugs the simplicity person that thinks our school & town suck
    Relative to the rest of MS, Starkville is a fairly liberal college town, btw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Relative to the rest of MS, Starkville is a fairly liberal college town, btw.
    Not close to Austin, TX

Regardless, there's more to this story. Has to be.

It has very little to do with location if I had to guess. My guess is that Texas made a nice landing spot due to being home, but he really left because of something else

vCash

I like Starkville as do many Msu fans, but many outside of Miss see it different, Schools all over the Sec and other place talk about Starkville to "their advantage", it is what it is. Not only Starkville but the whole state of Mississippi. I for one a long time ago couldn't wait to get out of Mississippi but when I was done with Coaching I couldn't wait to get back to "God's Country"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I like Starkville as do many Msu fans, but many outside of Miss see it different, Schools all over the Sec and other place talk about Starkville to "their advantage", it is what it is. Not only Starkville but the whole state of Mississippi. I for one a long time ago couldn't wait to get out of Mississippi but when I was done with Coaching I couldn't wait to get back to "God's Country"!
    Many of the people that say that have never visited Starkville or have a confirmation bias upon visiting Starkville.

For example: If you and I were going to see a movie that I had seen but you had not, & all I talked about was how bad the movie was before we started watching it, would you be more or less likely to like that movie?

Of course, you'd be more likely to not like it as people are easily impressionable.

It's the same thing in reverse, if I told you great this movie would be, you'd likely have a more favorable opinion of the movie.

If people spoke about Starkville like they do Oxford or Athens, I'm 100% sure that people that visited Starkville would have a greater opinion of it.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Maybe he's waiting to see if Johnnie gets the job to include something about her and knowing he's leaving the program in good hands. That's the only thing I can think of unless he's just going to stay silent on it.
    F that whole fake family. There are some things that hopefully surface that will get everybody in agreement on that POS. I am glad he didn't say goodbye.
    No Signature

vCash
    Fake wins in college sports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I don't think Vic is a fraud. He is a real down to earth guy. His faith is real, He loved MSU, his team and the fanbase.

I said on another post, if you are from somewhere, there is a draw back home. I think he just saw the opportunity to go home. I did a similar move earlier in my career, not home but hour and half away after being several states away. I didn't want to leave, I loved it where I was but the rare opportunity came up and I couldn't pass on it.
    I went through that exact same scenario after leaving Mississippi for over 31 years .... it's a powerful draw and I was thrilled to move back even if it was only for 4 years - now back in Atlanta because we needed to be closer to my wife's parents who are aging and in poor health
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 04-08-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.