Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else surprised Vic hasn't put out the official "thank you" press release yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    F that whole fake family. There are some things that hopefully surface that will get everybody in agreement on that POS. I am glad he didn't say goodbye.
    Please let this stuff come to light. My thing with Vic is that he played the role of one of us. We knew Dan was an **shole, and he never tried to pretend like he was gonna stay here.

vCash
    Yep. He has changed his Facebook info and has included now, fwiw.

vCash
    I got a question, why doesn't it even matter? Unless he left because we're about to get hit with sanctions then it doesn't really matter why he left. He felt it was time. Thank him for his service and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    F that whole fake family. There are some things that hopefully surface that will get everybody in agreement on that POS. I am glad he didn't say goodbye.
    If you?re going to drop hints, tell us what you know. Help us understand what went on behind the curtains.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's not like he can't sell the house and make the 3 million back. I mean, I can't imagine a brand new house would have a lot of depreciation.
    Houses don't depreciate.

vCash
    We're all embarrassing ourselves, btw.

Everybody is always great until they leave. Then suddenly, nobody really liked them to begin with, or there must be some secret, nefarious reason they had to leave.

Just be glad for the years we had him, wish him well, and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Houses don't depreciate.
    Probably a poor choice of words but you get my point. He's not likely to lose money by selling his brand new house in Starkville and will likely make his money back on it.

vCash
    Probably a poor choice of words but you get my point. He's not likely to lose money by selling his brand new house in Starkville and will likely make his money back on it.
    According to my brother in Starkville, the word around town the house belongs to UT.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I find it amazing how quick people are to bash Starkville and MSU, when usually there is more to the story.

I'm not saying that he didn't want to go home. I'm simply saying there is more to this just like there is more to it with most of the recruit$ that leave the state.

There is more to this yet some just want to believe it's always about MSU's location or Starkville.
    Agree with you that too many are quick to run down MSU and Starkville. Most other college towns are about the same. The big city school campus doesn't have the charm and family feeling either so that is a negative. You hear that all the time so there are positives and negatives about who MSU is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm going to wait until the missing piece of evidence comes out before wishing him well.

It may take a month or so, but at some point it'll come out in the wash
    Any team with as much talent as we had is going to have some drama. Yes there could always be something else but until I see it I'm giving Vic the benefit. Any typical team drama ain't why he left. Vic showed he knew how to handle team drama and didn't put up with much. Yall know, I could give examples but not necessary.

vCash
    I think McCray will do well with our talent and hold on to players. She'll recruit well too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree with you that too many are quick to run down MSU and Starkville. Most other college towns are about the same. The big city school campus doesn't have the charm and family feeling either so that is a negative. You hear that all the time so there are positives and negatives about who MSU is.
    I agree with that statement. One thing I really liked about MSU was that it was isolated by a mile or so from the town. Those campuses in the middle of cities, where you can't tell where the campus starts and the school begins, just don't have the self identity. While most "good" schools are in cities - few have the charm and relative isolation of State.

vCash
    It's not like he can't sell the house and make the 3 million back. I mean, I can't imagine a brand new house would have a lot of depreciation.
    Seriously?? How many $3 million houses are there in Starkville? I'm sure one of them sells every other day, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I agree with that statement. One thing I really liked about MSU was that it was isolated by a mile or so from the town. Those campuses in the middle of cities, where you can't tell where the campus starts and the school begins, just don't have the self identity. While most "good" schools are in cities - few have the charm and relative isolation of State.
    How true this is. One time I drove through Ann Arbor just to see what the campus was like. I found the stadium, but never did find what I could perceive as a campus (this was before the days of smart phones and google maps). It was one of the weirdest experiences I ever had. I literally couldn’t distinguish between the city and the campus.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.