Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else surprised Vic hasn't put out the official "thank you" press release yet?

vCash

Anyone else surprised Vic hasn't put out the official "thank you" press release yet?

Maybe he's waiting to see if Johnnie gets the job to include something about her and knowing he's leaving the program in good hands. That's the only thing I can think of unless he's just going to stay silent on it.

vCash
    IDK. Something seems off.

Seems that either Vic had a problem at MSU that we were unaware of or he's a complete fraud, used car salesman that does the whole christian act to promote buy in.

It'll be interesting to see if he still plays that card at Texas, which has a different type of fan base than MSU, or if he just used that stuff to play to MSU fans

I'll be watching
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    It’s like Brian Hadad said on his pod this morning, the “We don’t have fans, we have family is BS.”

Every single coach would leave tomorrow if they could better their situation. And I’m willing to say over 90% of y’all would do the same thing.

What stinks is we bought in to everything that Vic said. He was our guy and was our best coach we ever had in any sport. It sucks that he’s gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Seems that either Vic had a problem at MSU that we were unaware of or he's a complete fraud, used car salesman that does the whole christian act to promote buy in.

It'll be interesting to see if he still plays that card at Texas, which has a different type of fan base than MSU, or if he just used that stuff to play to MSU fans

I'll be watching
    I don’t feel he was utilizing religion solely for his benefit, as freeze did...but I always felt he was overly patronizing at times. He had his flaws but was one of our greatest coaches ever and I’m glad we had him and disappointed he left

vCash
    Something doesn't add up about all this. You don't buy a bunch of land and start construction on a multi million dollar house if you're going to just leave in a year. Especially if the money is the same. Something bigger is pulling him back to Texas other than just a chance to go home. We'll be interesting to see if anything ever comes out on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Something doesn't add up about all this. You don't buy a bunch of land and start construction on a multi million dollar house if you're going to just leave in a year. Especially if the money is the same. Something bigger is pulling him back to Texas other than just a chance to go home. We'll be interesting to see if anything ever comes out on it.
    Maybe UT bought the house.

$3M is a significant investment even for Schaefer. It wouldn't be that big a deal for Saban (and I believe that UAT gives him a house anyway), but it's at least twice Shaefer's annual income.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    It’s like Brian Hadad said on his pod this morning, the “We don’t have fans, we have family is BS.”

Every single coach would leave tomorrow if they could better their situation. And I’m willing to say over 90% of y’all would do the same thing.

What stinks is we bought in to everything that Vic said. He was our guy and was our best coach we ever had in any sport. It sucks that he’s gone.
    This is true- our fans and alumni want our coaches to be invested in MSU as much as we are but the reality is for most coaches unless it's someone like Cohen that actually went to school at MSU it's a job.

I don't know that the "We have fans we have family is BS" is true because we absolutely without a doubt have fans that treat or try to treat our players and coaches like they're family. I think it's good and bad. It's absolutely good that we have loyalty. I definitely think it can be bad at times because I think that attitude and mindset has also caused problems and maybe dare I say held us back at times? I'm thinking specifically about people begging Ron Polk to come back not once but twice and no doubt that absolutely hurt our program and when he left it made transitioning to Cohen VERY difficult because you had so many fans that put Polk on a pedestal despite the obvious flaws to the objective. And how many fans have followed Dak Prescott and go to Dallas Cowboys games to watch him play wearing MSU gear? I don't remember Ole Miss fans doing that for Eli. At least not to the degree that MSU fans did it with Dak.

It's certainly an interesting dynamic that I'm not sure exists at any other SEC school to the degree that it does at MSU. And I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying it's unique.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Maybe UT bought the house.

$3M is a significant investment even for Schaefer. It wouldn't be that big a deal for Saban (and I believe that UAT gives him a house anyway), but it's at least twice Shaefer's annual income.
    It's not like he can't sell the house and make the 3 million back. I mean, I can't imagine a brand new house would have a lot of depreciation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I don’t feel he was utilizing religion solely for his benefit, as freeze did...but I always felt he was overly patronizing at times. He had his flaws but was one of our greatest coaches ever and I’m glad we had him and disappointed he left
    Freeze took a LOT of things out of the Bible WAY out of context. It's one thing to say "Praise the Lord and go Dawgs". It's another thing to basically say that you won a game and landed a recruit because God loves you more than your competitor- which is basically what Freeze was saying. All the while doing VERY OBVIOUSLY non-Biblical things.

I'm just saying that if you do go the Jesus Freak route you CAN NOT even have rumors of girls having sex with recruits after they have been hanging out at bars while participating in underage drinking. Among other things that we all know about that did Freeze in.

vCash
    Sorry, Todd, you are 100% correct on the fans being family portion. I worded that badly. I guess what I should have said was we as fans look at it as family but the coaches do not, regardless of what they say.

vCash

I'll be watching

Look you can spew your shit.. but don't ever call Vic's Christianity into question. Too many people that know him closely will vouch for that.

And he did make a statement about MSU and you could see the emotion in his eyes.. in fact at times still saying our girls... this wasn't an answer change for him. It was in his virtual press conference yesterday.
    Here is a transcript of that part by Robbie Faulk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Look you can spew your shit.. but don't ever call Vic's Christianity into question. Too many people that know him closely will vouch for that.

And he did make a statement about MSU and you could see the emotion in his eyes.. in fact at times still saying our girls... this wasn't an answer change for him. It was in his virtual press conference yesterday.
    Here is a transcript of that part by Robbie Faulk

Then something must have been wrong at MSU for him.

Something doesn’t add up. Just saying

I don’t buy his parent being buried 65 miles away as the reason.

vCash
    Then something must have been wrong at MSU for him.

Something doesn’t add up. Just saying

I don’t buy his parent being buried 65 miles away as the reason.
    Ugh... dude. think about where you live. Do you still live in MS..and if not why not... Maybe someone that grew up and spent the great majority of his life in tx.. felt it's a better fit for him and his family.

vCash
    Something feels off about it for sure. Especially when Danberry talking about skeletons in closets are about to come out and quickly deleting the tweet. There is way more to this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic601 View Post
    Something feels off about it for sure. Especially when Danberry talking about skeletons in closets are about to come out and quickly deleting the tweet. There is way more to this.
    Wow, hadn't heard about that, and that does add to the intrigue on what happened. I wonder if Bibby already jumping in the transfer portal (even before we name a coach) has anything to do with what Danberry tweeted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Sorry, Todd, you are 100% correct on the fans being family portion. I worded that badly. I guess what I should have said was we as fans look at it as family but the coaches do not, regardless of what they say.
    I got you. I thought that was odd that Hadad would have that kind of a take especially after seeing how our fans act towards our players and coaches.

vCash

I'll be watching
    I don't think Vic is a fraud. He is a real down to earth guy. His faith is real, He loved MSU, his team and the fanbase.

I said on another post, if you are from somewhere, there is a draw back home. I think he just saw the opportunity to go home. I did a similar move earlier in my career, not home but hour and half away after being several states away. I didn't want to leave, I loved it where I was but the rare opportunity came up and I couldn't pass on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Wow, hadn't heard about that, and that does add to the intrigue on what happened. I wonder if Bibby already jumping in the transfer portal (even before we name a coach) has anything to do with what Danberry tweeted?
    If I had a clue how to post pictures, I would. I am new to this whole message board stuff but I have the screen shot. It was up about 15 minutes and deleted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I don't think Vic is a fraud. He is a real down to earth guy. His faith is real, He loved MSU, his team and the fanbase.

I said on another post, if you are from somewhere, there is a draw back home. I think he just saw the opportunity to go home. I did a similar move earlier in my career, not home but hour and half away after being several states away. I didn't want to leave, I loved it where I was but the rare opportunity came up and I couldn't pass on it.
    Not disagreeing with you but it feels like more than that.

There's something else to this.

vCash
    Something is definitely up. Ms Mary posted on Twitter, Vic's Facebook profile. Showing his current job and all his past stops. Mississippi state is the only thing not listed.
    Last edited by klong-dog; 04-07-2020 at 09:26 PM.