Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSU Releases Statement on Leach's Tweet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It needed to be done. And it should've been done a few days ago but Vic probably threw a wrench in that.
    No it didn't. If the media were to ask Cohen about it then just say it was handled internally. Total crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Maybe Cohen can give him a tour of the museum of transgenders.
    That?s too far. I know I?m the last person to draw a line, but to me this is too far.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Typical Mississippi taking things out of context and then having the person do some "sensitivity training" to appease the morons that didn't understand the context to start with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Why are we issuing press releases after the story had pretty much died down?

What is the upside to kicking the tires on this story almost 4 days after it happened?

Don't they know ESPN and Fox Sports are about to cover bridge and cricket and we decide to breathe life into a 4 day old story?

WTF?
    This.

It was old news.

Amateurish timing. Regardless whether you think a statement is necessary, the timing is incorrect.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That?s too far. I know I?m the last person to draw a line, but to me this is too far.
    Seems like a good idea to me. Don't be a bigot.
    http://www.chrisevargas.com/motha
    Last edited by Jarius; 04-07-2020 at 06:06 PM.

vCash
    What you mean? Maybe I'm missing the transgender joke here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    No it didn't. If the media were to ask Cohen about it then just say it was handled internally. Total crap.
    I'm sorry you're offended

vCash
    Yeah, IDK why we released a statement.

I'd love for someone to ask Cohen why he felt it was necessary
    Probably because Cohen is a hard-core liberal from what I hear. The whole thing is ridiculous in my view because the cartoon had no racial overtones at all. Married people are the ones who should have been upset. But what do I know, I'm just a middle-aged white guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I'm telling it's about to the point where this crap is ridiculous. Really? Over a stupid tweet that means nothing like they are saying. Pure horse crap.
    Amen and amen. The country just seems to be going off the rails at times with the extreme political correctness. Heck, Leach didn't even make the joke, he just retweeted it.

vCash
    Dumbass of the year award goes to the guy that tweeted this

[tweet2]1247634349169741826[/tweet2]
    Leach is a LIberal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Leach is a LIberal?
    No. In fact he knows Trump personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Leach is a LIberal?
    He’s obviously very conservative. This guy tries to act like he knows something and is completely off
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    The NCAA basketball championship was supposed to be last night. Last week should have been the first full week of MLB. If that is going on then people wouldn't give half a shit about Wolken's or Shannon Sharpe's opinion of the tweet but there are no sports so it became a bigger story and it wasn't going to go all the way away if State didn't address it and maybe still won't. Hopefully this is the end of it.
    On the flip side Leach wouldn't have tweeted it if the nation wasn't in lockdown but we all need to be prepared for more of this because there are obviously some media members that don't like Leach and Leach obviously doesn't give a ****.
    I think if Saban had tweeted the same thing he would have received some backlash but not as much as Leach. It wasn't a bright thing to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Typical Mississippi taking things out of context and then having the person do some "sensitivity training" to appease the morons that didn't understand the context to start with.
    Cohen is blowing this matter all out of proportion. Leach has already apologized, which I don't think was necessary. I don't think Cohen's liberal left wing views are commensurate with most of MS State's fan base.

vCash
    Can I sign up for the museum tour

vCash
    I miss his daily tweets! Was the first thing I looked at when I picked up phone every morning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Cohen is blowing this matter all out of proportion. Leach has already apologized, which I don't think was necessary. I don't think Cohen's liberal left wing views are commensurate with most of MS State's fan base.
    You seriously think Cohen issued a statement on behalf of the Universiry because of his “liberal left wing views”? This went through way more people than just Cohen including surely our president — a former Republican White House official.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if the search for a WBB coach and need to keep the team together influenced the decision. That, and as a risk management strategy/protection from the NCAA being able to rubber stamp immediate eligibility for potential MSU transfers. This way if someone requests immediate eligibility on the grounds that MSU/AD promoted xyz environment or failed to provide xyz environment, the response can be that MSU AD takes these matters seriously, does not condone xyz, addressed the issue, and corrective measures were taken to ensure a tolerant and inclusive environment that prioritizes the well being of all student athletes.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with that.

vCash
    Bigger picture here as it regards our program, is Cohen going to try to manage leach? You know when you pay him 5 million to be your coach that he is going to say and do some quirky and offensive stuff. Did Cohen not see the YouTube videos prior to hiring leach?

Calling leach on the carpet here is unnecessary. Could have gotten the same message across using a different tone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I agree that Cohen blew it out of proportion.