Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSU Releases Statement on Leach's Tweet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Bigger picture here as it regards our program, is Cohen going to try to manage leach? You know when you pay him 5 million to be your coach that he is going to say and do some quirky and offensive stuff. Did Cohen not see the YouTube videos prior to hiring leach?

Calling leach on the carpet here is unnecessary. Could have gotten the same message across using a different tone.
    I fully expect that when Leach leaves us it's because of something stupid like this.

Cohen surely knows Leach's history and reputation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Bigger picture here as it regards our program, is Cohen going to try to manage leach? You know when you pay him 5 million to be your coach that he is going to say and do some quirky and offensive stuff. Did Cohen not see the YouTube videos prior to hiring leach?

Calling leach on the carpet here is unnecessary. Could have gotten the same message across using a different tone.
    I hope Leach isn't having second thoughts about coming here...

vCash
    Hopefully Leach was notified of and agreed to this statement before it was released.

If that communication didn't exist, we're pretty terribly ran.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Cohen is blowing this matter all out of proportion. Leach has already apologized, which I don't think was necessary. I don't think Cohen's liberal left wing views are commensurate with most of MS State's fan base.
    Cohen has way too other things to worry about. He should have just let it go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Hopefully Leach was notified of and agreed to this statement before it was released.

If that communication didn't exist, we're pretty terribly ran.
    Agree. I'm sure leach saw it and said ok.

The biggest issue I have is the timing. Should have done last Friday at 4:50. Didnt need listening sessions with students and alumni to see how everybody felt before putting this out. That's stupid. Everybody with a brain could see the issue with the tweet and could see it was out of ignorance of the noose's connotation, not racism. Just poor leadership by Cohen (whom I like).

vCash
    Leach burned his bridge with Cohen's liberal ass when he dissed Romney. Boys, we've got a full blown mess on our hands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Leach burned his bridge with Cohen's liberal ass when he dissed Romney. Boys, we've got a full blown mess on our hands.
    Wait, do you think liberals like Mitt Romney?
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 04-08-2020 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Wait, do you think liberals like Mitt Romney?
    Yeah, nobody like that guy (anymore)...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    People of different political stripes work together all the time outside of politics. Please stop being so naive and tribal as to think Cohen (and for that matter, republican Dr. Keenum) are making decisions on Leach based on their political leanings. My goodness.
    Last edited by bluelightstar; 04-08-2020 at 12:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Cohen has way too other things to worry about. He should have just let it go.
    Normally I would agree with that but with the no sports news cycle we are in that story went national and almost forced his hand a little. Otherwise the talk right now would be spring football and March madness and no one would have cared.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree that Cohen blew it out of proportion.
    What makes you think Cohen was the sole decision maker in releasing a statement or not? I would assume several people including our university attorneys were involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    What makes you think Cohen was the sole decision maker in releasing a statement or not? I would assume several people including our university attorneys were involved.
    What makes you think otherwise? Do you have any evidence showing several people including our university attorneys were involved? It isn't like Leach committed a crime for making a perfectly innocent joke that a lot of people took out of context. What would be the point of having attorneys involved? I do think it is possible, however, that Cohen consulted with Keenum before issuing his statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    What makes you think otherwise? Do you have any evidence showing several people including our university attorneys were involved? It isn't like Leach committed a crime for making a perfectly innocent joke that a lot of people took out of context. What would be the point of having attorneys involved? I do think it is possible, however, that Cohen consulted with Keenum before issuing his statement.
    This statement would not have appeared on msstate.edu (instead of hailstate.com) if this were a Cohen-only thing. This is not something he shot from the hip on late and decided to do himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    This statement would not have appeared on msstate.edu (instead of hailstate.com) if this were a Cohen-only thing. This is not something he shot from the hip on late and decided to do himself.
    Keenum should get his share of the blame on this as well for sure. The whole thing is utterly ridiculous. Leach has done some questionable things in his career but I would put this near the bottom of them. Do you think Leach had any idea what he was getting himself into by retweeting a joke about an old married couple (white couple as far as can tell)? No racial implications were in the joke whatsoever. Our society has gone off the rails.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    You seriously think Cohen issued a statement on behalf of the Universiry because of his ?liberal left wing views?? This went through way more people than just Cohen including surely our president ? a former Republican White House official.
    At least somebody gets it. This was an advised PR move and I'm sure it was gone over with all parties prior to release. Christ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Man. With your ability to reach, You should play basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Man. With your ability to reach, You should play basketball
    See how politics consumes some people.....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke