Thread: Here are 2 WBB coaches from the SEC I relaly like

vCash

Here are 2 WBB coaches from the SEC I relaly like

Nicki Fargas from LSU and the coach from Auburn, don't remember her name. Like the way both those teams played with toughness, D and they played as a team. I think either could come here and take the next step and even be a final destination for either. They could be the Dawn Staley at MSU.

vCash
    Hell no. They are both mediocre to bad coaches. They also have zero clue as to how to run an offense.

vCash
    Personally would like to stay away from SEC coaches other than Harris. One name that I find intriguing is Gail Goestenkors. She hasn't coached since 2015 (Indiana Fever) but her record esp @ Duke is impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Hell no. They are both mediocre to bad coaches. They also have zero clue as to how to run an offense.
    Everyone has their opinion but they kicked out tail in close loses with half the talent. They outhustled us most of the time, we out talented them. Did you watch them play us last year? Both coaches are class acts on top of that.

vCash
    Sorry I can't take your opinion seriously if you can't even remember the coaches name. and no. just because they played us good for one half doesn't mean they are that good against an extremely young team.

I trust in John. but feel you either pull a top 10 sitting head coach or give it to Johnny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Everyone has their opinion but they kicked out tail in close loses with half the talent. They outhustled us most of the time, we out talented them. Did you watch them play us last year? Both coaches are class acts on top of that.
    Yes, I watched those games. Have you looked at the body of work of these coaches?

vCash
    I don't care for Goestenkors - go look at her Texas tenure. Not sure what happened there but she was not impressive after Duke for whatever reason.

I agree that I really liked the way Auburn played last year - coach info is here. Great success as Georgetown and then really up and down at Auburn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Williams-Flournoy

Old Dominion coach and ex USC-East assistant Nikki McCray-Penson is getting some traction as a candidate. Here's a video interview of her - really turned Old Dominion around.

https://youtu.be/n3wN7MxA9mM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Sorry I can't take your opinion seriously if you can't even remember the coaches name. and no. just because they played us good for one half doesn't mean they are that good against an extremely young team.

I trust in John. but feel you either pull a top 10 sitting head coach or give it to Johnny.
    I agree let John do his job and I would go after one of top WBB HC in the country too. I never said hire the two I mentioned; just said I like what I've seen of them and their teams particularly last season.

I understand you not wanting to take an opinion seriously about the name part. I could have googled her name and it wouldn't have changed anything in my post but make you feel better. Aub and LSU in regular season both played us to the wire, Aub to OT. They out played us.

Not saying those two are the best options, just said I like them. I am a basketball guy (played at high level and coached some) and I watch the game a little different than most. No I don't follow WBB outside of MSU so I don't follow LSU or Aub. Liked what I saw when they played MSU though.

If we can't pull in a top HC, then maybe give it to JH if that is what it takes to hold team together. I've not seen enough of her to know if she is cut for it.

vCash
    Hell no on Fargas, she has made them middle of the road SEC team

vCash
    Louisville is where the university plane is right now, is what I'm hearing. Walz May have an offer on the table.

vCash
    I think it's:

1) Walz

2a) Harris

2b) McCrary

If Walz says no it's an interview war between Harris and McCrary

That's my best guess

vCash
    I think it'll end up being McCray. Walz will use is for a payday, and then we'll choose McCray. She's already followed John and all of our players on twitter

vCash
    Walz is like Mullen. His name comes up in every coaching search. He obviously wants his name floated out there.

vCash
    Walz is in the $1.5 million range at Louisville, not sure how much more we would be willing to pay him, not sure another million would do the trick. I do think if he says no it will be McCray.

vCash
    Well....McCray is my first choice. Think we are wasting our time with Walz.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Walz is in the $1.5 million range at Louisville, not sure how much more we would be willing to pay him, not sure another million would do the trick. I do think if he says no it will be McCray.
    Sounds like it is down to those two, according to report just announced by Matt Wyatt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Sounds like it is down to those two, according to report just announced by Matt Wyatt.
    So, is Mitchell from UK not even a candidate?