Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football transfers are a good thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    In hindsight of past cases, the handlers seeking paydays seem to lack the awareness to think any further ahead than the immediate cash prospect.
    I agree, but I can't imagine there was any reasonably good money on the table for his services.

3 star DT, serviceable starter but not a difference maker, losing a year of eligibility, & a track record of makeup concerns.

I can't imagine someone offering that guy much more than a month's rent

Fabian Lovett is a solid player but the type that any SEC program should be able to reasonably recruit without having to go through the hassle of buying a player on another team
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I agree, but I can't imagine there was any reasonably good money on the table for his services.

3 star DT, serviceable starter but not a difference maker, losing a year of eligibility, & a track record of makeup concerns.

I can't imagine someone offering that guy much more than a month's rent

Fabian Lovett is a solid player but the type that any SEC program should be able to reasonably recruit without having to go through the hassle of buying a player on another team
    Maybe buying a player like him from another program is cheaper than buying them on the open market during recruiting season.

If you assume that everyone is cheating and paying players, then it becomes a business value game. You would get less years of use for your investment but you would get more of a known product. How you value that ROI would depend on a lot of factors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Maybe buying a player like him from another program is cheaper than buying them on the open market during recruiting season.

If you assume that everyone is cheating and paying players, then it becomes a business value game. You would get less years of use for your investment but you would get more of a known product. How you value that ROI would depend on a lot of factors.
    Yeah, but since it's cheaper, why would the player sacrifice a year of eligibility for cheap money?

I think there is more to this. I think he just wasn't happy at MSU for some reason that we don't know about

Maybe his teammates hated him? IDK

vCash
    Interesting..... Leach "liked" this tweet.

[tweet2]1246474619814440960[/tweet2]

vCash
    Leach is like Mullen in the sense that he really doesn’t care much what most people think. His methods are proven over the last 18 years. Count me as one who isn’t worried.

vCash
    Yeah, but since it's cheaper, why would the player sacrifice a year of eligibility for cheap money?

I think there is more to this. I think he just wasn't happy at MSU for some reason that we don't know about

A new dodge charger is cheaper than a f150 king ranch. $30k is cheaper than $50k. I have never been recruited by an SEC team and don't know what cheaper and more are in SEC football reference but my guess is more than a couple hundred bucks. I would guess that more money is up front lump sums and less ongoing payments for players so maybe it's about getting another lump sum.

Also, the ROI goes both ways.

Maybe he doesn't like his odd of shining in the new scheme.
    Maybe he doesn't like his odds against upcoming competition with limited interior line play.
    Maybe he doesn't like Leach or one of the new assistants.
    Maybe he doesn't like the stricter policies on and off the field.
    Maybe he's a delusional kid that's had rainbow blown up his but his whole life and is now having trouble dealing with hard honesty.
    Maybe he's a great kid that just wants a change.
    Maybe some girl crapped on him and he wants to get away.
    Maybe we told him to take a hike because we didn't like the ROI we were getting.

Who knows what all is contributing to him leaving? But most all life decisions are about risk and reward / ROI when you boil down to the bare truth. And yes, I understand that money is not the only thing that people invest. For some reason, he sees his ROI being better somewhere else and some school will make the deal.

vCash
    Interesting..... Leach "liked" this tweet.

[tweet2]1246474619814440960[/tweet2]
    I noticed that too. Maybe Leech's way of saying "see ya"??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    A new dodge charger is cheaper than a f150 king ranch. $30k is cheaper than $50k. I have never been recruited by an SEC team and don't know what cheaper and more are in SEC football reference but my guess is more than a couple hundred bucks. I would guess that more money is up front lump sums and less ongoing payments for players so maybe it's about getting another lump sum.

Also, the ROI goes both ways.

Maybe he doesn't like his odd of shining in the new scheme. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"
    Maybe he doesn't like his odds against upcoming competition with limited interior line play. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"
    Maybe he doesn't like Leach or one of the new assistants. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"
    Maybe he doesn't like the stricter policies on and off the field. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"
    Maybe he's a delusional kid that's had rainbow blown up his but his whole life and is now having trouble dealing with hard honesty. Maybe
    Maybe he's a great kid that just wants a change. Maybe
    Maybe some girl crapped on him and he wants to get away. Maybe
    Maybe we told him to take a hike because we didn't like the ROI we were getting. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"

Who knows what all is contributing to him leaving? But most all life decisions are about risk and reward / ROI when you boil down to the bare truth. And yes, I understand that money is not the only thing that people invest. For some reason, he sees his ROI being better somewhere else and some school will make the deal.
    Who knows is correct, but let's remember that he was looking for a way "out of Mississipp" on December 7th.

vCash

He's not going to lose a year of eligibilty no matter how many times you post. He will be playing somewhere this season if we have a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    He's not going to lose a year of eligibilty no matter how many times you post. He will be playing somewhere this season if we have a season.
    Maybe, maybe not. But anyone trying to buy him wouldn’t have known that