Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football transfers are a good thing

vCash

Football transfers are a good thing

I?m so ready for Leach year 3 when the team has a different attitude similar to the Mullen years. Right now the bad seeds are leaving. But even the guys that are staying, some of those guys are so entitled and starved for attention. Complain complain complain. Do these guys not understand they went 6-7 last year? That?s a losing record. That season was a failure. What does that entitle you to? I wish all our guys had Aaron Brule?s leadership qualities. Rant over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I?m so ready for Leach year 3 when the team has a different attitude similar to the Mullen years. Right now the bad seeds are leaving. But even the guys that are staying, some of those guys are so entitled and starved for attention. Complain complain complain. Do these guys not understand they went 6-7 last year? That?s a losing record. That season was a failure. What does that entitle you to? I wish all our guys had Aaron Brule?s leadership qualities. Rant over
    100%!!!

MSU will have a talented roster but it has to be the right guys or we can't win

We’ll lose some but with every transfer, the opportunity opens up to get a “Leach guy”

What’s frustrating is that Joe created this and some of the transfers aren’t bad kids but rather players that didn’t learn the right way to do things at that critical point early their careers where habits are formed. I'm fully convinced that JoMo ruined some players' careers.

The complaining ads need for attention is an insecurity and a need for coddling.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-07-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I agree shotgun. The culture of the program eroded completely in 2 years. It’s currently being reinstated. In regards to Lovette in particular, dude was always out of shape and wasn’t adjusting to the current culture. Mark my words, that guy will gain 30-50 lbs before he gets to his new school and won’t be effective next year. He’s an NFL talent but I don’t see that coming to fruition.

vCash
    agree here .... I wanna see some Dillion Day kinda attitude come back to this team
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I agree shotgun. The culture of the program eroded completely in 2 years. It’s currently being reinstated. In regards to Lovette in particular, dude was always out of shape and wasn’t adjusting to the current culture. Mark my words, that guy will gain 30-50 lbs before he gets to his new school and won’t be effective next year. He’s an NFL talent but I don’t see that coming to fruition.
    I agree.

What's frustrating though is I believe if Lovett would've been under Mullen's culture or came in under Leach's culture, he may have "converted" to doing things the right way. Instead, it's highly likely that he'll never reach his ceiling simply because he started his career in his impressionable seasons under a poor culture with bad leadership.

We always used to get mad at Mullen for sitting guys like Josh Robinson & at times playing the lesser talented guy, but it should be clear to everyone at this point in time that there was a method to Mullen's madness with that & he was right.

The key is getting multiple Josh Robinson type players so that there is competition in practice & when you sit the guy that won't do right, you replace him with a similar talent. That's what drives Bama & Georgia

vCash
    Exactly!! The only thing wrong right now is ?some? people are using Leaches tweet as an excuse to not make it be about them can?t cutting it.

I have also heard a couple QBs who have told some people they are leaving...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    agree here .... I wanna see some Dillion Day kinda attitude come back to this team
    Yup. It's coming. It'll be here before you know it & with our increased WR & QB recruiting, I think we've got a chance to win bigger than we ever have

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Exactly!! The only thing wrong right now is ?some? people are using Leaches tweet as an excuse to not make it be about them can?t cutting it.

I have also heard a couple QBs who have told some people they are leaving...
    Then leave....

With Costello, Rogers, & now Robertson & Greek coming in, we're good at QB.

Leach has transformed that room in record time

vCash
    Beast, I believe you are probably right about Lovett. However, he was primarily a "black shirt" during the short time he was in the Leach program. He is apparently not afraid to work.

vCash
    In regards to Lovett, does anyone know why he wanted to leave MSU (tweet isn't the reason)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    In regards to Lovett, does anyone know why he wanted to leave MSU (tweet isn't the reason)?
    The rumor is he’s been getting shopped since JoMo left

vCash
    IDK if I believe that rumor because I doubt a player would be willing to sacrifice a year of eligibility for a little cash.

Wouldn't make any sense from a career perspective
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-07-2020 at 10:13 AM.

vCash
    Anybody know who the starter is that is considering transferring?

Eiland would make some sense due to Lashley & Cross

vCash
    There was going to be a mass defection after spring training. Many were waiting around to see where they were going fit in. Since no spring practice they are bolting. I do think a few will stay around that might have transferred. The tweet has nothing to do with guys being lazy and not wanting to change attitude ir sistem.. Just my dumbass opinion.

vCash
    IDK if I believe that rumor because I doubt a player would be willing to sacrifice a year of eligibility for a little cash.

Wouldn't make any sense from a career perspective
    The rumor doesn’t involve the player himself getting anything

vCash
    I keep wondering if we'll pick up any Wazzou transfers.

Would be nice to have a few players on the roster that knew Leach's expectations & help set the culture

vCash
    The rumor doesn’t involve the player himself getting anything
    So the dad would sacrifice a year of the his son's eligibility for a few bucks?

Also, the going rate for a 3 star DT that is losing a year of eligibility can't be much.

In fact, why would anyone pay for that all? Just go pay to get a JUCO guy with the same amount of eligibility & can play this coming season.

vCash
    In December Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance". That was after the Egg Bowl win and we had a bowl game still coming up. He has been looking to leave for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    In December Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance". That was after the Egg Bowl win and we had a bowl game still coming up. He has been looking to leave for a while.
    I wonder what his issue is?

He said that before Arnett's new scheme was hired, before JoMo was gone, & while he was a starter.

I'm just curious what his real reasons are

vCash
    So the dad would sacrifice a year of the his son's eligibility for a few bucks?

Also, the going rate for a 3 star DT that is losing a year of eligibility can't be much.

In fact, why would anyone pay for that all? Just go pay to get a JUCO guy with the same amount of eligibility & can play this coming season.
    In hindsight of past cases, the handlers seeking paydays seem to lack the awareness to think any further ahead than the immediate cash prospect.