Thread: Bibby is transferring

vCash

Bibby is transferring

She loved the program and Vic . Good luck to wherever she decides to go

vCash
    Bibby actually stepped back and can be replaced but..... here we go

vCash
    The program that we've grown used to is done. I knew this would happen when Vic left, just didn't think it'd be now.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Bibby was leaving even if Vic was still here. The writing was on the all as far as playing time next year.

vCash
    Her ass was leaving before Vic. You guys are wilting.

vCash
    Yeah people thinking she's transferring to follow Vic didn't watch our games this year. Bibby won't be playing for a big time program when she transfers.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I'm only worried if Matharu or Rickea leaves.

vCash
    Yep, that's what I fear is coming.

vCash
    Such a shame. never was the same since her knee injury.

vCash
    Wish her the best.....hate to lose her, but I understand.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Actually I think the team will stay together, they know what they can be next year, I realize getting the right Coach makes this all possible.

Bibby was a role player, I suppose her thing is she wants to be a starter, not sure where her next school will be but I wish er the best, seemed to be a classy Lady. With 12 players on the roster coming back no doubt her playing time would have been half of what it was this year.

I just hope Cohen doesn't drag this search out much longer, there is no need to be interviewing "several" coaches because this isn't a rebuilding program right now.

I just hope Johnnie Harris is around next year. I also had a friend bring up the Georgia Coach who is from Meridian, I thought the same thing he did and I think she would be a good fit.

vCash

Go get Kim Mulkey

Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Actually I think the team will stay together, they know what they can be next year, I realize getting the right Coach makes this all possible.

Bibby was a role player, I suppose her thing is she wants to be a starter, not sure where her next school will be but I wish er the best, seemed to be a classy Lady. With 12 players on the roster coming back no doubt her playing time would have been half of what it was this year.

I just hope Cohen doesn't drag this search out much longer, there is no need to be interviewing "several" coaches because this isn't a rebuilding program right now.

I just hope Johnnie Harris is around next year. I also had a friend bring up the Georgia Coach who is from Meridian, I thought the same thing he did and I think she would be a good fit.
    Nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Nm
    Wishful thinking but a good wish!

vCash
    Why not? She’s one of only a handful of WBB coaches of the same caliber as Vic.
    Don’t replicate FB, where Mullen leaves what would be his best team ever and we entrust it to an assistant coach.
    Next years WBB team deserves a great coach. Back up the Brinks truck and get her/him.

vCash
    The Georgia coach just hasn’t shown anything special. I worry about people that can’t win at places with more resources than we have.

I’m not worried about transfers as long as the NCAA makes players sit out a year. If they change that for next season then I’ll get really nervous. I have no idea how tight the locker room is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    The Georgia coach just hasn’t shown anything special. I worry about people that can’t win at places with more resources than we have.

I’m not worried about transfers as long as the NCAA makes players sit out a year. If they change that for next season then I’ll get really nervous. I have no idea how tight the locker room is.
    I can understand your thoughts about Taylor, but sometimes being at the right place at the right time will bring the best out of a Coach. Her teams play hard from what I have noticed, yes Georgia has history for women's basketball, but Msu has a much better program now days. I'm just saying I like her, she may not be the answer, but she has Sec experience and presents her self well in appearance and coach talk. Who knows but she may be one Coach who could keep Johnnie Harris.

vCash
    If you?re looking at names other than Harris, I think Nikki McCray-Penson at Old Dominion has a legit chance of getting the job. Just a hunch. Long time Staley assistant, took ODU from 8 wins to 20 wins in a year and they were 24-6 this year.

vCash
    We only lose Danberry. And we add Sidney Cooks, and at least 2 really good freshmen. So obviously we knew transfers were gonna happen regardless of who the coach is. There is only one ball, and only 5 players on the court at a time. There was a logjam with playing time. No surprise Bibby is leaving. No surprise that Hemingway left. This happens. Like any sane Georgia fan knows that if they recruit quarterbacks really well (Eason, Fromm, Fields) they aren't all going to stay.

The bottom line is that we might have had 10-11 girls who could have started for the bottom half of the SEC teams. Some are going to go elsewhere searching for more playing time. This is what happens when you recruit very well.

vCash
    Best to Chloe Bibby as she moves forward.