Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Realizing that We Will Have to Battle Wolken With Leach As Our Coach

vCash

I'm Realizing that We Will Have to Battle Wolken With Leach As Our Coach

Anybody got a back story here?

It's pretty well established that Wolken is a far left winger, but is his only reason for disliking Leach based on politics or is there an actual incident?

I'm also slowly realizing that Leach coming to the SEC is about like throwing gas on a fire

The first response is pretty good

[tweet2]1247329989986603008[/tweet2]

[tweet2]1247334577384886272[/tweet2]
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-06-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Never mind, one of the responses showcased the reason Wolken hates Leach

[tweet2]1247331712213946370[/tweet2]

vCash
    Leach's rebuttal....

Wow, these two really got history. Gonna need Rosebowl to mediate

[tweet2]1247332108764434432[/tweet2]

vCash
    https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Br...ruitInterests/

Just a year ago, we were his only P5 offer. Now FSU is interested? What about his redshirt year impressed them I wonder.

vCash
    [tweet2]1009263497870528512[/tweet2]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Br...ruitInterests/

Just a year ago, we were his only P5 offer. Now FSU is interested? What about his redshirt year impressed them I wonder.
    Norvell seems to be recruiting a number of G5 types that he was already recruiting at Memphis.

Look no further than taking Almeyer's commitment

vCash
    I see over last couple of days that ... Shotgun has awoken from his slumber. Lord help us ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I see over last couple of days that ... Shotgun has awoken from his slumber. Lord help us ******
    #quarantinelife

vCash
    Wolken still has sand in his panties because after he and leach got into it 2.5 years ago leach challenged him to a debate and wolken caved.

vCash
    Loved when Wolken was harassing Freeze - now not caring for him as much

vCash
    Here's the deal with Leach.

He's eccentric and we all knew that when we hired him. And because he is eccentric he is going to be brilliantly hilarious at times and at the same time there are going to be people that don't get it and take things out of context and usually it's someone like that sociology professor. In short- we're probably going to have to deal with this kind of thing once or twice a year with Leach. We didn't have to deal with this with Dan and Joe because they were not as eccentric.

The thing about it is Leach is also going to win a ton of football games here and that's really what I care the MOST about. He's like Jackie in that regard in that Jackie would do stuff that would get the media's attention like castrate a bull on a practice field. However Leach has a LOT more friends in the media than he does Dan Wolken's. Leach is very likable and is generally perceived by the media positively. But yeah- I can tell you right now he's going to call out the Clarion-Ledger at some point. He'll get along with most of the MSU media because they're going to lob up softball questions like "Coach- that touchdown pass from Costello to Malik Heath to win the game- would you say that was the biggest play of the game?" And then David Murray will ask him a question about Geronimo or the Boer Rebellion or something. At any rate- we're going to win football games and we're probably going to upset some SEC big boys every now and then like we did with Jackie so it's going to be a fun ride. But we're going to have to deal with Leach being eccentric and things like this happening from time to time on the ride too.

The thing about it is this whole incident probably will have the OPPOSITE effect on the team than the "woke" people think. Because Leach is one of US now and he's on our team. When people call out people on your team even if it's warranted or not that can rally people to support their teammate. I mean if you're a player from that perspective to a degree I think they understand that these coaches are all trying to help them achieve their dreams of playing in the NFL and if that doesn't happen these coaches are preparing them to have a good life after football with the degree that they will earn. I think a lot of players are very appreciative of that even if most of them weren't recruited by Leach he's still trying to help them achieve their goals in life. So someone like Lovett and Dan Wolken taking pot shots at him is probably not going to be received very well by our players and for most of them will want to make them work even harder for him.

vCash
    I see several similarities between y'all's new guy and my old (current) guy...

I'm not finding much ED poster reconciliation regarding the disparate shift in 'tude towards either, however...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    It's pretty well established that Wolken is a far left winger, but is his only reason for disliking Leach based on politics or is there an actual incident?

And how is this determined and what does it have to do with sports? Politics do not belong on here.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Who cares what that dipshit has to say.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post

And how is this determined and what does it have to do with sports? Politics do not belong on here.
    It’s clear when you read through his twitter and it directly effects his opinions on sports
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-07-2020 at 08:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I see several similarities between y'all's new guy and my old (current) guy...

I'm not finding much ED poster reconciliation regarding the disparate shift in 'tude towards either, however...
    Has Saban had problems with Wolken too?

vCash
    Politics also don't belong in Leach's tweets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Why not?

I didn’t say politics don’t belong in Wolken’s tweets. Just said he’s far left

vCash
    There are dozens of prominent conservative coaches out there that Wolken doesn't feud with, and dozens of prominent liberal national sportswriters who don't feud with Leach. Whatever it is, I think it's a little deeper than political affiliation.

Obviously I have always been on Leach's side through this when most people here and on SPS thought he was an idiot and terrible coach who could never win in the SEC. Glad everyone is on board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Agree....keep your political beliefs to yourself. A high profile head coach needs to completely stay away from injecting politics to public statements. And, Gun....would you feel the same if Leach was "left leaning"?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke