Thread: We lost a good Bulldog- Buck Simmons

vCash

We lost a good Bulldog- Buck Simmons

He was instrumental in helping the basketball program over the years and was a member here at Elitedawgs (I forget his damn screen name for the moment- Basedog knows it). I got to know him over the last few years thru texts and emails-just a good guy who loved his school like we do.

He will be missed.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    shannondog was his screen name! Buck did so much for Msu, especially basketball, kept things to himself but ones he trusted he would share. We need more Buck Simmons at Msu!

RIP my friend!!

vCash
    Sad to hear! Condolences to his family!

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Was Buck in his early 60's? I swear I remember that name from my college days. SAE frat?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Was Buck in his early 60's? I swear I remember that name from my college days. SAE frat?
    82 years old.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    82 years old.
    ok; Thanks. It's hell getting old and trying to remember names and things.

vCash
    Dang rip shannondawg

Junior Member Allan Quartermain's Avatar
    vCash
    A nice family man and MSU supporter for sure. Knew him through dog NOT dawg shows originally. He would drive his big RV in for the weekend and I think he and his wife supported their granddaughter show their dogs (forgot what kind). Gave him a basketball signed by Stansbury--Pretty sure he really liked Stanbury. Told him to give it to his grandson (think it was for his grandson) few years ago. I really enjoyed talking with him during those dog shows and then on MSU websites. I am better for knowing Mr. Simmons and will miss seeing this very nice man.
    Last edited by Allan Quartermain; 04-06-2020 at 10:21 PM. Reason: basket ball is basketball

vCash
    Sounds like a great guy. Anyone named "Buck" is probably pretty cool.

vCash
    Hate that. Buck was one of the original members of the bulldog club along with a few other old timers. He was a great man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Hate that. Buck was one of the original members of the bulldog club along with a few other old timers. He was a great man.
    When did the Bulldog Club start? I ask because my grandfather was a member starting around 83 I would guess. It was small enough back then they would print the names of all the members in the game day program (or maybe one of the game day programs??)

vCash
    RIP Buck
    Originally from West Point and yes was in top 100 on BDC

vCash
    Buck was in the top 5 in the Bulldog Club in points...I think #3 at one time...very significant contributor for a long time.

vCash
    What made Buck unique to me was he gave LOTS of money to the athletic program but never asked for favors or interfered with meddling in the department.

vCash
    Bulldog Club started under Shira.....originally the Century Club. I started giving the year it was formed.....still have my Century Club glass.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Bulldog Club started under Shira.....originally the Century Club. I started giving the year it was formed.....still have my Century Club glass.
    Once a "Cigar Club Member" always a club member, LOL