Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cohen, this is an easy one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rosebowl says that Vick was the bad cop & Harris the good cop.

That's concerning to me unless Harris has the ability to turn into a bad cop while not being fraudulent
    She has never struck me as a pushover at all, though I doubt she would be as animated on the bench as Vic is.

vCash
    Hire Coach Mitchell as bad cop...retain Coach Harris as good cop.
    Case closed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Listened to The Boneyard, and Steve said Johnnie was the good cop to Vic's bad cop. We don't need someone soft.
    Well, Stans was the good cop to R. Williams bad cop and Stans, for whatever faults he had and however it ended, still had the best and most consistent modern day run for an MSU HC in men's basketball.

vCash
    All y'all thinking Harris will stay if passed over is almost laughable. Also AD's rarely hire assistant coaches. If we hired Mitchell whose to say he wants Harris on his staff??
    If we don't hire Harris she is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    All y'all thinking Harris will stay if passed over is almost laughable. Also AD's rarely hire assistant coaches. If we hired Mitchell whose to say he wants Harris on his staff??
    If we don't hire Harris she is gone.
    Agree, not sure why anyone would think that is a possibility. She will be Vic's top assistant whereever he is unless she get a HC job she wants (assuming she wants to be a HC).

vCash
    JMO but it looks like Harris is the backup plan, if she is JC choice it would already a done deal. I'm pulling for Harris.

vCash
    I successful head coach would also likely keep the current talent.
    So if we didnt hire her as head coach ....why would she stay? Would you stay if you had done what she has recruiting and coaching to have some one brought in from outside ?More than likely she would leave and probably take some recruits with her

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    JMO but it looks like Harris is the backup plan, if she is JC choice it would already a done deal. I'm pulling for Harris.
    I don't think that is true necessarily. Losing Vic was an out of the blue thing that I doubt Cohen was even thinking was a possibility a week ago. He could very well hire Harris but I'm sure he will do his due diligence with some other big time coaches before making the decision. On paper Harris looks like the way to go to keep the program on the current path since she has been with Vic for forever and is highly responsible for where our program is today. But one, I don't know for certain she wants a HC gig, and two, I don't know enough about her to have a good sense of what kind of HC she would make. But, even if we hire a sitting HC, outside of maybe 4 or 5 of them they will all be a step down from what we've had the past 8 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I don't think that is true necessarily. Losing Vic was an out of the blue thing that I doubt Cohen was even thinking was a possibility a week ago. He could very well hire Harris but I'm sure he will do his due diligence with some other big time coaches before making the decision. On paper Harris looks like the way to go to keep the program on the current path since she has been with Vic for forever and is highly responsible for where our program is today. But one, I don't know for certain she wants a HC gig, and two, I don't know enough about her to have a good sense of what kind of HC she would make. But, even if we hire a sitting HC, outside of maybe 4 or 5 of them they will all be a step down from what we've had the past 8 seasons.
    I agree. Also what are the chances we pull those four? I believe very unlikely. I am not a big fan of dawn Staley but she's about the only one I think could recruit just as good here and raise our ceiling. I think Harris has the potential to be better than Vic but I don't know her so I don't know if she could be a head coach due to personality which is why potential is the key word.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well, Stans was the good cop to R. Williams bad cop and Stans, for whatever faults he had and however it ended, still had the best and most consistent modern day run for an MSU HC in men's basketball.
    Might explain the loss of control at the end as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Very true but do women have the track record of needing to be as tightly controlled as the men? Would it be worth the risk if we can't get Staley? I think so

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Stans bad cop Robert Kirby left.

vCash
    Worst thing that ever happened to Stans at MSU was when he lost his longtime top assistant Robert Kirby (sort of the bad cop for Stans). Appeared Kirby was the one that tended to keep order on the team. After Kirby left, it was only took a couple of years for things to go to pot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Stans bad cop Robert Kirby left.
    Actually didn't see your post before I posted but we are definitely in agreement that losing Kirby was the beginning of the end for Stans.

vCash
    The echo chamber that this place turns into when it comes to coaching searches is a hilarious phenomenon. Johnnie Harris is the WBB version of Billy Napier at this point

vCash
    Would be good to give Coach Harris an opportunity. Also, she has been a big key to recruiting. Additionally, I read where, Coach Schaefer recently recommended her for Miss. State's head coaching job.

Miss. State already has the players/talent (including incoming) to make several national championship runs in the near future. The fans know this. Fans of other programs know as well.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-08-2020 at 10:43 PM.

vCash
    Rosebowl says that Vick was the bad cop & Harris the good cop.

That's concerning to me unless Harris has the ability to turn into a bad cop while not being fraudulent
    Shouldn't listen to rosebowl a bunch. The only thing he has had inside info on was the hugh freeze stuff.
    Remember last preseason when he said the offense would be move improved and that tommy Stevens was awesome and the receivers were vastly improved. For someone that's supposed to be in the sports evil business he isn't too good at evaluating states talent nor being on with sports info as far as scoops.

vCash

nm

delete
    Last edited by pilldawg; 04-08-2020 at 10:29 PM. Reason: repeat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Shouldn't listen to rosebowl a bunch. The only thing he has had inside info on was the hugh freeze stuff.
    Remember last preseason when he said the offense would be move improved and that tommy Stevens was awesome and the receivers were vastly improved. For someone that's supposed to be in the sports evil business he isn't too good at evaluating states talent nor being on with sports info as far as scoops.
    Yep, his LEAST reliable information is when it has something to do with inside our athletic department. For those times he seems to just be a mouthpiece for the university and is very patronizing about it on his podcast. He is more believable when it comes to recruiting or a story like Freeze from someone else's athletic department where he is not worried about staying in good graces with anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Would be good to give Coach Harris an opportunity. Also, she has been a big key to recruiting. Additionally, I read where, Coach Schaefer recently recommended her for Miss. State's head coaching job.
    Seriously, after this weekend, who cares what he has to recommend.