Thread: Quick Thoughts....

vCash

Quick Thoughts....

1. I think, like all the professional leagues, college football should've gone into a "transaction freeze" with the portal & transfers until coaches could be around players in person again. Seems like this situation creates shady circumstances that would not exist under more normal circumstances.

2. I hope Vic leaving helps our men's basketball program. I realize we have some emotional opinions on this, but the truth is that most MSU fans live 2 hours from campus & they were mostly having to choose between driving to MSU once a week to watch Men's or Women's basketball. Hard to do both when you're not located in a populated area

3. I don't like the Vic handled this. He came across as a stand up guy that would handle this better. Maybe that's unfair to him, but I don't care.

4. I think this Lovett situation could end up being a good thing for Leach. 1. He gets rid of a player that likely dragged some portion of the culture down & 2. He learned a lesson about the SEC & the microscope you are under down here & the culture of some of the players you coach. My guess is that he pulls back on twitter a good bit & just focuses more on coaching football. I realize MSU isn't Bama, but in the SEC there is just going to be more scrutiny. Welcome to Broadway Leach!

5. It'll be interesting to see if we have any more portal entrances today. We may lose a little more talent through this, but having the RIGHT players is way more important than having a few more stars. Hopefully I'm not sharing private info, but Rosebowl told a good story yesterday as he often does. He said an insider told him that a starter on the team sent a text message to one of the new coaches asking if he could set up a meeting about these news workouts. The coach responded, "No need for a meeting. You're either in or your out. Let me know." Point being.... we are going to win big with Leach & don't miss the forest for the trees & a few bad apple players.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Did not read. Nothing quick is happening in here. Exactly what I expected to find when I clicked.

Thread title is misleading and probably repeats everything you've said in all of the other threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Did not read. Nothing quick is happening in here. Exactly what I expected to find when I clicked.

Thread title is misleading and probably repeats everything you've said in all of the other threads.
    Then why did you reply?

Are you in on my Lovett ban bet?

vCash

I find it odd that you reply to me really quick with crap but won't reply to me when I put you on the spot.

It's almost like you're a troll or something. You don't even believe the crap you type

vCash
    The portal entrances could possibly work both ways - maybe we pick up a few needs possibly
    I don't blame anyone for wanting to go home ... I think Vic's situation is a little different from the way Mullen handled things and for me Vic gets a pass and my appreciation
    It is probably time for Lovett to leave and I expect a few more - probably a good thing for the team even though it might not look good in the media - all of that will be forgotten as soon as the first kick-off of the season happens ....
    I don't think you could just lock down collegiate athletes in such extraordinary times .... everything is somewhat fluid these days
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    The portal entrances could possibly work both ways - maybe we pick up a few needs possibly
    I don't blame anyone for wanting to go home ... I think Vic's situation is a little different from the way Mullen handled things and for me Vic gets a pass and my appreciation
    It is probably time for Lovett to leave and I expect a few more - probably a good thing for the team even though it might not look good in the media - all of that will be forgotten as soon as the first kick-off of the season happens ....
    I don't think you could just lock down collegiate athletes in such extraordinary times .... everything is somewhat fluid these days
    Good post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Then why did you reply?

What's the Lovett ban bet? I would love to get in on that if it's shaped the way this echo chamber makes me think it will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    What's the Lovett ban bet? I would love to get in on that if it's shaped the way this echo chamber makes me think it will.
    Negative on this... I love your stats, and I would be lost if I couldn't critique most everything shotgun posts

vCash
    Then why did you reply?

Edited to say I am in.

I find it odd that you reply to me really quick with crap but won't reply to me when I put you on the spot.

It's almost like you're a troll or something. You don't even believe the crap you type

It's ok if you find it odd. Not my problem.

Fair question on why I replied. I guess part of it was to troll. I apologize.

I don't find the need to be on this site 24/7 constantly monitoring every thread coming up with delusional statements I guess.

What exactly are you saying I don't believe that I type? Or are you just typing for the sake of typing?
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 04-06-2020 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Removing part about not taking bet to prevent any confusion later.

vCash
    The ban bet is on if Lovett gets immediate eligibility based on Leach's comments.

vCash
    Edited to say I am in.

It's ok if you find it odd. Not my problem.

Fair question on why I replied. I guess part of it was to troll. I apologize.

I don't find the need to be on this site 24/7 constantly monitoring every thread coming up with delusional statements I guess.

What exactly are you saying I don't believe that I type? Or are you just typing for the sake of typing?
    WTF is wrong with you?

I haven't attacked you in any way yet you private message me to call me loser? Why not just disagree with my post?

Again, WTF is wrong with you?

vCash
    The ban bet is on if Lovett gets immediate eligibility based on Leach's comments.
    I'm in. I want my month in addition to the SD44 bet. Can't join the two wagers. If Fields got his cleared, Lovett will too. It has a lot less to do with what you/I/general public think caused the transfer and a lot more with how it impacted Lovett-and that's how he'll frame the waiver request assuming he hires a good lawyer.

vCash
    I'm in. I want my month in addition to the SD44 bet. Can't join the two wagers. If Fields got his cleared, Lovett will too. It has a lot less to do with what you/I/general public think caused the transfer and a lot more with how it impacted Lovett-and that's how he'll frame the waiver request assuming he hires a good lawyer.
    Nah. I'm not doing 2 months. Your welcome to join SD44's bet but I'm not losing twice on the same issue.

vCash
    1. I think, like all the professional leagues, college football should've gone into a "transaction freeze" with the portal & transfers until coaches could be around players in person again. Seems like this situation creates shady circumstances that would not exist under more normal circumstances.

2. I hope Vic leaving helps our men's basketball program. I realize we have some emotional opinions on this, but the truth is that most MSU fans live 2 hours from campus & they were mostly having to choose between driving to MSU once a week to watch Men's or Women's basketball. Hard to do both when you're not located in a populated area

3. I don't like the Vic handled this. He came across as a stand up guy that would handle this better. Maybe that's unfair to him, but I don't care.

4. I think this Lovett situation could end up being a good thing for Leach. 1. He gets rid of a player that likely dragged some portion of the culture down & 2. He learned a lesson about the SEC & the microscope you are under down here & the culture of some of the players you coach. My guess is that he pulls back on twitter a good bit & just focuses more on coaching football. I realize MSU isn't Bama, but in the SEC there is just going to be more scrutiny. Welcome to Broadway Leach!

5. It'll be interesting to see if we have any more portal entrances today. We may lose a little more talent through this, but having the RIGHT players is way more important than having a few more stars. Hopefully I'm not sharing private info, but Rosebowl told a good story yesterday as he often does. He said an insider told him that a starter on the team sent a text message to one of the new coaches asking if he could set up a meeting about these news workouts. The coach responded, "No need for a meeting. You're either in or your out. Let me know." Point being.... we are going to win big with Leach & don't miss the forest for the trees & a few bad apple players.
    So what did Vic do that he handled poorly?

vCash
    Wait, the NCAA never even said the reason Fields got immediate eligibility is because of the racist fan screaming at them did they? Correct me if I'm wrong.

This post comes across as the equivalent of fine print like you will flake on the bet if it's not announced that the reason he left is because of Leach's comment.

It's either he is granted immediate eligibility at a D1 school or he isn't.

vCash
    Wait, the NCAA never even said the reason Fields got immediate eligibility is because of the racist fan screaming at them did they? Correct me if I'm wrong.

This post comes across as the equivalent of fine print like you will flake on the bet if it's not announced that the reason he left is because of Leach's comment.

It's either he is granted immediate eligibility at a D1 school or he isn't.
    Ok. we'll go black & white. Eligible or not eligible it is

vCash
    Ok. we'll go black & white. Eligible or not eligible it is
    Is that a racist comment!!!**

Deal.

Let Pipedream be our witness.

vCash
    Is that a racist comment!!!**

Deal.

Let Pipedream be our witness.
    With my luck, he'll be deemed eligible due to some family member being sick or something