Thread: We lost another great Bulldog last night

vCash

We lost another great Bulldog last night

Buck Simmons. Buck was a great contributor to Mississippi State sports, both emotionally and financially. He particularly loved basketball and never missed a game until failing health slowed him down. Buck was 82 and was my first cousin. He will be sorely missed.

vCash
    Terrible news. I saw Buck at my Dad's funeral last December and got to speak with him for a few moments. Really hate to hear this news.

vCash
    Buck who was shannondog on here was a great Bulldog! Had many conversations over the years with him. I am truely sorry to hear this news!

vCash
    Terrible news! Praying for his family!

vCash
    terrible news. He was a voice of sanity here.

vCash
    R.I.P. Buck....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Prayers for him and his family. He gave my kids and I tickets to a men?s game one time. I went to get them and he said here take my parking pass too, just mail it back to me. Unreal! Super nice man and a true bulldog.

vCash
    Buck was a giant of a Bulldog and will be missed. He was a great man and always a fixture in the seats behind MSU's bench in the Hump. I sat with him at a few games over the years and always enjoyed chatting with him. He was an extremely generous donor and never sought praise or name recognition for doing so.
    RIP Buck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Buck who was shannondog on here was a great Bulldog! Had many conversations over the years with him. I am truely sorry to hear this news!
    Aw man. That sucks to hear. Hate to hear about posters passing. For maroon59 and any other family members, saying a prayer for you.