Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vic was GREAT for us, but..

vCash
    In a few years from now we won't be talking about women's hoops anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    South Bend is a shit hole. How come they don't lose coaches?
    Seeing as South Bend is roughly 3-4 times the size of Starkville I am sure there is probably a lot more things to do around South Bend. Not to mention your at a top 10 school when it comes to Athletics. You can argue all you want that Notre Dame isn't relevant anymore but they most certainly are.

Be realistic occasionally, it would go a long way. It is going to take time to grow our Athletic Dept. the best recipe is to keep winning at a consistent clip in all of the sports. Which over the last decade we have done a pretty good job at save a couple of seasons here and there.

You need too much instant gratification. If it doesn't happen yesterday you aren't happy. I would rather it take some time and be built on solid footing and that is what is being done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Hire Johnnie Harris.....
    Absolutely!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    South Bend is a shit hole. How come they don't lose coaches?
    Well, South Bend does have Mayor Pete . . . . . . . .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Some folks need to realize Starkville, MS and MSU aren't destination jobs except for coaches taking that first big step up with aspirations of more. And coaches looking to prove more later in their careers.
    MSU will never be a destination job for football or men's basketball but it certainly can be for any other sport given the money and facilities we have or can build if need be. Vic had a perfect marriage with the fanbase here and everything and everyone was pulling in the same direction. I will be surprised if he gets that at Texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Great attitude, so just be happy we got what we did from Vic, dont question it or be upset? Alot of us are from Mississippi so we should just bow down and be happy because we got him for all those years right?? That attitude is why we are where we are in everything and not just including sports... I personally am not happy for Vic, I can say I understand and respect it but I'm not happy for anyone leaving our program especially this particular program with that talent . I wont lie and act like I'm happy for him because I'm not.
    If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have that talent...