Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coach Johnnie Harris

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    She should be the only option.
    You guys roll over easy. You go get a top HC if they're available. Then work your way down the list if you miss. She can be interim coach and interview. Hire the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You guys roll over easy. You go get a top HC if they're available. Then work your way down the list if you miss. She can be interim coach and interview. Hire the best.
    Yep. Call the top ~10 coaches in America and see if there's a number that will entice them, and if they all say no (which is likely), hire Harris by the end of the week. Should be an easy call.

vCash
    She should be a top 3- but can she continue to get that Delta money flowing to land recruits like Vic did? I don’t know.

If u can’t get a top tier HC- then I thing u absolutely give it to her. But we have to kick the tires on some top 15 coaches before handing it to her
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    So your fine with losing incoming talent and possibly some of team this year and taking a step back to get someone from outside? And if anyone thinks she would be fine with her being the 11th choice your wrong if we dont hire her as head coach then shes more than likely gone ...... and recruits/players with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    She should be a top 3- but can she continue to get that Delta money flowing to land recruits like Vic did?
    Goodness.

Must say I completely respect someone willing to give money to land women's basketball recruits.

I reality it may be the best sport to buy players in because the NCAA is absolutely not looking at you & no one is going to turn you in
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    She should be a top 3- but can she continue to get that Delta money flowing to land recruits like Vic did? I don’t know.

If u can’t get a top tier HC- then I thing u absolutely give it to her. But we have to kick the tires on some top 15 coaches before handing it to her
    If she learned from Vic she absolutely would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Serrano to Tennessee is a pretty good one.

I still think Cal from Memphis to KY is the closest here.
    So your saying Kentucky was a lesser basketball job than Memphis ?

vCash
    Bibby just entered the portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneDawg View Post
    So your fine with losing incoming talent and possibly some of team this year and taking a step back to get someone from outside? And if anyone thinks she would be fine with her being the 11th choice your wrong if we dont hire her as head coach then shes is gone ...... and recruits/players with her.
    FIFY

vCash
    You'd think a fan favorite like Bibby would want a great senior year send off from all the Bulldog faithful. Oh well. I figure she'll be joining Vic in a day or two. Probably just saying in the portal for now, so it won't look as bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Bibby just entered the portal
    Hate to see it but it may be the best thing for her. There's a lot of talent waiting behind her and her playing time may be limited once that talent steps up.

vCash
    That's if we can keep them all here. But yes, Bibby would have struggled to get mintues with Carter, Morris, and Cooks at the 4 & 5.

vCash
    Bibby was probably transferring anyway, not enough minutes next year.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Why do you post things like this on a message board? Please tell me I?m reading your post wrong and you aren?t saying that Coach Schaefer is buying players.
    Last edited by captaindog; 04-07-2020 at 06:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    Why do you post things like this on a message board? Please tell me I?m reading your post wrong and you aren?t saying that Coach Schaefer is buying players.
    True. Those are things you discuss via pm's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    So your saying Kentucky was a lesser basketball job than Memphis ?
    At the time, Memphis was the better program and Texas women’s basketball history doesn’t compare to KY in any way.

Would Cal have been just as successful at Memphis as he has been at KY? Likely.

In fact, I’m not sure Cal going to KY has helped his career one bit.

What has KY done for his career that he didn’t have at Memphis?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    At the time, Memphis was the better program and Texas women’s basketball history doesn’t compare to KY in any way.

Would Cal have been just as successful at Memphis as he has been at KY? Likely.

In fact, I’m not sure Cal going to KY has helped his career one bit.

What has KY done for his career that he didn’t have at Memphis?
    I mean he makes what close to 10 million as their coach and he got a Natty. I would say it was the correct career decision. Look at Memphis since he left what have they done?

Having it on cruise control at KY is not a bad gig. He probably barely has to recruit and keeps a top 2 or 3 class yearly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Coacch Johnnie Harris can hold this ultra-talented squad together (projected #3 nationally ESPN Early Rankings....make run at national championship next season. This squad can definitely compete with South Carolina for the SEC and national championship, just need to hold together.

Coach J. Harris has been with Coach Schaefer for many years, she knows the system, can hold this thing together (including players, recruits, and fellow assistants that choose to stay).
    She has done good things but I'm not sure she is HC material at a big school. Maybe she is. HC is a different animal than being an assistant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    She has done good things but I'm not sure she is HC material at a big school. Maybe she is. HC is a different animal than being an assistant.
    So, I'm not sure what screamed out that Vic Schaefer was HC material at a big school until he got to MSU. He was a career assistant whose only gig as a HC was at Sam Houston State where he went 80-110. In his 7 years at SHSU he only had 1 winning season. Whatever magic Schaefer found to be so ultra successful at MSU, Harris was right in the middle of it.