Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Vic to Texas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I like our AD. Have no issues with what I know about him.

Just pointing out that we blame our former ADs for losing great coaches without knowing their side of the story, but we give Cohen excuses.
    It's pretty obvious at least to me why Vic left. I also believe IF the Aggie job would have come available he would have left for it as well. Texas only has Baylor for competition, the Sec is much tougher than Big 12.

Vic looked like our team this past year to me, tired, he probably just gave himself another 4 to 6 years of being fired up and ready to prove his Hall Of Fame induction.

Austin is a pretty awesome city, it has a lot to offer plus he is back home, I can't blame him and I'm very thankful of his work.

I think I would talk to Johnnie Harris first, players seem to really like her, plus she is from what I have been told a recruiting star. I also wouldn't be surprise seeing her going to Texas either.

P.S. Wonder what the Aggies think of Vic now? LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Exactly... it hurts... BAD... but damnit.. i understand.
    Let's go get the next Vic... ugh... hard to type... have to trsut that can happen. go big.. wbb is a top 3 sport for us.
    If I'm Cohen, I swing big at first. We're a top 5 job in the country. If no one bites, then just hire Johnnie Harris because I think she'll do fine. But we're good enough that we don't have to settle if we don't want to

vCash
    I wonder if Geno may be ready for something different other than UCONN & to compete in a better conference.

You never know if a coach just may be ready for a new challenge
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I wonder if Geno may be ready for something different other than UCONN & to compete in a better conference.

You never know if a coach just may be ready for a new challenge

vCash
    Forget about Geno and Dawn. Not happening.

Here are a couple I'd call that are likely long shots but I make them tell me no:
    Jeff Walz, Louisville
    Kelly Graves, Oregon

More realistic candidates:
    Matthew Mitchell, Kentucky
    Johnnie Harris, asst MSU
    Megan Duffy, Marquette

vCash
    Joni Taylor at Georgia. She's a MS gal herself.

vCash
    It'll be Mitchell. And that's not good. Walz would be my #1 but I doubt he leaves Louisville. Definitely look a Harris too.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 04-05-2020 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Should give this guy a call:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_...n_(basketball)

Wins year in, year out at South Dakota State and has put 2 players in the WNBA.

vCash
    Hate when this happens for the players. I hope Vic considered all this....

I always find it interesting how the media wants players to be able to freely transfer after a coach is fired, but is it fair to MSU for players to freely transfer after something like this? Can't have it both ways.

[tweet2]1246933117090369536[/tweet2]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Horrible news, I hope we can keep our girls and no one else transfers. Do we promote one of our assistants or look elsewhere?? What other names are out there to get?
    Ugh. I want to trust Johnnie.. but I hope go hire a top 5 coach. we can afford it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think there's only two names, it's either Johnnie Harris or Matthew Mitchell.

You don't have to overpay for either. They'll both probably take the hometown discount.
    I don't know names.. but don't just go with Mitchell because he is a MSU guy. go get a top 5 coach and pay them. we can keep this on track.

vCash
    Hell Mulkey is only like 2.25. go pay her 2.5 or graves at oregon.

vCash
    Hell Mulkey is only like 2.25. go pay her 2.5 or graves at oregon.
    Graves makes 800k

vCash
    History will show 50 years from now that MSU lost it's best every two coaches under the same AD. Regardless of the reasons, that's a fact
    And they went to better programs. f*ck off with your doom and gloom little mindset

vCash
    And they went to better programs. f*ck off with your doom and gloom little mindset
    Vic went to a better program?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I do not think you can blame Cohen for this whatsoever. You can't blame him for Mullen, either. What you can blame him for is making a bad hire in JoeMo. I think he will do well this hire.
    I didn't want Mullen to stay because he didn't want to be at MSU anymore. At the time and even in hindsight I wish Mullen and crew would have hung around one more year to coach that loaded 2018 team. Probably overall the most talented team we've had and it was wasted on Moorhead. But after that I would have been fine for him to head out of town. As far as Vic, you do EVERYTHING you can to get him to stay, and I think we did that but I guess he just wanted to go back to Texas. He was loved by MSU fans and was probably the best coach in any sport in school history so I'm sick that he's leaving. BUT, what this does show me is that he was never going to finish his career at MSU. If he would leave for Texas now, you can bet your bottom dollar he would have left whenever Blair retires at A&M.

vCash
    Guys, I'm just going to be honest. I don't care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Good luck telling that to the thousands that show up to every game and travel all over the country to watch the ladies play.
    Yea, if our women's program isn't making money it never will. Most games are close to full attendance and our fans travel way more for the women than the men. Only thing that might help the program make money is we will likely be paying our HC less now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Guys, I'm just going to be honest. I don't care.
    K, cool.��*♂️

vCash
    Vic went to a better program?
    Certainly not now, but historically yes. Look, we are a Top 5 program now WITH Vic. Without Vic (i.e. before Vic) we were not even a Top 50 program. I really don't know what we will be going forward but probably somewhere in between. Hopefully a lot closer to 5 than 50 but this is not like MSU baseball with a long storied history where its hard for us to screw up the program. This is a huge hire to get right if we are going to keep the momentum in WBB. If we think Harris can keep the current ball rolling I'm all for hiring her. But if we are going to hire from outside the program I do lean to the KY coach since he has roots nearby MSU and would be much more likely to stay long term than most.