Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Vic to Texas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not in our conference... it's clearly behind baseball
    That's debatable but I didn't say in our conference. The poster said 30 programs nationwide. That's what I was referring to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natchez87 View Post
    Not true. Women's Basketball is probably the most popular collegiate sport behind Football and Men's Basketball. ESPN will vouch for that.
    But Football and Men's basketball are the only two that make money at every school except a handful where baseball makes a little money. Yes, even we lose money in women's basketball. No one wants to get into a bidding war for a sport that loses the school 7 figures annually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    But Football and Men's basketball are the only two that make money at every school except a handful where baseball makes a little money. Yes, even we lose money in women's basketball. No one wants to get into a bidding war for a sport that loses the school 7 figures annually.
    Lol. No. It's no way they were paying Vic and other collegiate Women's Basketball coaches millions of dollars if Women's Basketball doesn't make any money for the schools. Women's College Basketball is on ESPN networks more than baseball and the schools get paid for that as well. Not sure where you're getting that info from.

vCash
    "What Vic Schaefer and his staff have done here is unbelievable. They built the program from scratch, from the ground up. They deserve a lot of credit. While it is not net revenue producing, the ambassadors they are for Mississippi State University, Mississippi State athletics and ultimately for our fanbase is great. (As for men's basketball) it produces more revenue then women's basketball from the standpoint of ticket prices and donations.

-Jared Benko in a Gene's Page interview Dec. 16 2019

That's where I got my information from. Also LSU released it's budget last week and women's basketball lost the school 2 mil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    "What Vic Schaefer and his staff have done here is unbelievable. They built the program from scratch, from the ground up. They deserve a lot of credit. While it is not net revenue producing, the ambassadors they are for Mississippi State University, Mississippi State athletics and ultimately for our fanbase is great. (As for men's basketball) it produces more revenue then women's basketball from the standpoint of ticket prices and donations.

-Jared Benko in a Gene's Page interview Dec. 16 2019

That's where I got my information from. Also LSU released it's budget last week and women's basketball lost the school 2 mil.
    "Net revenue producing" takes into account expenses. Expenses include costs for things like facilities, event staffing, etc... which multiple sports use. (exerpt below) To say that Women's Basketball doesn't make any money for the school is inaccurate. The amount of money that a sport generates has nothing to do with how the school chooses to SPEND the money. Schools make a lot of money off the NCAA Tournament/Final Four alone.

From USA Today: "Another figure that contributed to MSU's rise in expenses, which saw an increase of approximately $15 million for the second straight year, was a $6 million rise in cost for facilities."

And it goes without saying that LSU doesn't represent every athletic department in the nation.
    Last edited by natchez87; 04-06-2020 at 02:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Vic went to a better program?
    so you think we can pony up against Texas ? ... you know - the one school with the largest athletic budget by far ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to let us know. I can sleep at night now knowing that you don't care
    Sorry your feeling are hurt but it's like losing the track or tennis coach to me. I know we are good in those sports but it's not something the average sports fan follows. None of my State friends (and I texted them all yesterday) lost a wink of sleep over this and neither did I. I'm just being honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Sorry your feeling are hurt but it's like losing the track or tennis coach to me. I know we are good in those sports but it's not something the average sports fan follows. None of my State friends (and I texted them all yesterday) lost a wink of sleep over this and neither did I. I'm just being honest.
    My feelings aren't hurt. But if you don't care, then why even bother posting? The fact is, many do care, and quite frankly, don't give a shit that you don't. I don't care about our soccer team, but if someone starts a thread on it, I'm not going to comment, "I don't care."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    My feelings aren't hurt. But if you don't care, then why even bother posting? The fact is, many do care, and quite frankly, don't give a shit that you don't. I don't care about our soccer team, but if someone starts a thread on it, I'm not going to comment, "I don't care."
    It's a major thread. Some people are upset and obviously do care and that's fine. But there's also a lot that don't care and want that expressed as well. I'm just posting that side of the equation. We can agree to disagree, I'm fine with that. No hard feelings.

vCash
    "Net revenue producing" takes into account expenses. Expenses include costs for things like facilities, event staffing, etc... which multiple sports use. (exerpt below) To say that Women's Basketball doesn't make any money for the school is inaccurate. The amount of money that a sport generates has nothing to do with how the school chooses to SPEND the money. Schools make a lot of money off the NCAA Tournament/Final Four alone.

From USA Today: "Another figure that contributed to MSU's rise in expenses, which saw an increase of approximately $15 million for the second straight year, was a $6 million rise in cost for facilities."

And it goes without saying that LSU doesn't represent every athletic department in the nation.
    Correct, it doesn't produce a net positive when accounting for cost. So it doesn't make money for the school on its own.

Now, obviously there is a benefit or the school wouldn't be willing to spend on it. That benefit is seen in other ways, I'm sure - exposure, branding, increased applications and enrollment, etc. I'm sure when all possible avenues are explored, it is a gain for the university. But the sport itself, in terms of costs out versus revenues in, does not end up making money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    so you think we can pony up against Texas ? ... you know - the one school with the largest athletic budget by far ?
    Well, we matched their offer and we were talking about “program” not total resources.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    The average sports fan doesn't care about college baseball either, but you don't see people coming on threads to proclaim how much they don't care about baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    The average sports fan doesn't care about college baseball either, but you don't see people coming on threads to proclaim how much they don't care about baseball.
    Actually I've done that exact thing. I had a long thread one time showing (statistically) that college baseball is meaningless (in terms of revenue and viewership) in the real work compared to football and men's basketball. It's our pet sport, no doubt, and many enjoy going but to 99% of people in this country nobody has a clue who's good in college baseball and who sucks. Not looking to argue, I know that's not a popular decision, but just calling it like I see it, that's all.

vCash
    Lol. No. It's no way they were paying Vic and other collegiate Women's Basketball coaches millions of dollars if Women's Basketball doesn't make any money for the schools. Women's College Basketball is on ESPN networks more than baseball and the schools get paid for that as well. Not sure where you're getting that info from.
    Sorry bud but we were losing our ass on women's basketball. Millions not a million. It's a fact.

vCash

That would be a choice to look at as well as

Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Should give this guy a call:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_...n_(basketball)

Wins year in, year out at South Dakota State and has put 2 players in the WNBA.
    their chief rivals coach Dawn Plitzuweit, who has done quite well at South Dakota, not as provenas Aaron Johnston though.
    One other worth a look would be Karl Smesko at FGCU, has 30+ wins multiple times ( 3 in the last 4 years ) and that is tough to do regardless what conference your in. His teams also will beat or play down to the wire a P5 school almost every year, including a Top 20 UK a year or so ago.