Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rosebowl Say Prepareth....

vCash
    Not sure why the point of FSU being the Seminoles keeps being brought up. They have a letter from the tribe that allows the use of Seminoles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    People that honestly think he wouldn?t gain immediate eligibility over this is making me laugh.

The NCAA will not open up themselves to any actions from the NAACP. You better bet your sweet ass if he was ruled ineligible they would open up a case on his belhalf immediately.

Question now is, when does this ban start?
    We didn't necessarily set a start date.

I propose starting it on the first day of kickoff this season. I know he won't go for that though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post

I propose starting it on the first day of kickoff this season. I know he won't go for that though.
    Are y'all calling it off if/when the NCAA passes the rule that any player in good academic standing can transfer once in their career without sitting out? Because I think that's happening.

vCash

I'm not doing it during football season. I said I'll ban myself for a month. I didn't say when. I refuse to ban myself during the actual season. That would suck for this board, as a I do create many good topics to discuss.

If he gets clearance before the season, then we'll start it then.

I'll ban myself for a month at a mutually agreed upon time.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Are y'all calling it off if/when the NCAA passes the rule that any player in good academic standing can transfer once in their career without sitting out? Because I think that's happening.
    I said the bet was off if that rule passes since that rule would ruin the spirit & point of the bet. However, if that rule fails but he gets cleared due to a COVID rubber stamp, then I still get banned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    We touched on that situation. Never resolved it though.

A poll may be required.

Am I an ass if I don't drop it? Or is he a welch for not owning up to it.

We all know what the outcome would have been if the rule wasn't going to get passed. The bet that he proposed was low hanging fruit and I hesitated but decided to jump on it because it's a no brainer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I said the bet was off if that rule passes since that rule would ruin the spirit & point of the bet. However, if that rule fails but he gets cleared due to a COVID rubber stamp, then I still get banned
    You don't get to make the decision.

vCash
    You don't get to make the decision.
    Yeah I do because I'm the one banning myself.

The new legislation is an unforseen circumstance that alters the spirit & point of the bet.

vCash
    Yeah I do because I'm the one banning myself.

The new legislation is an unforseen circumstance that alters the spirit & point of the bet.

So like a QB getting hurt in a game that one may bet on?

Vegas don't forgive that.

vCash
    So like a QB getting hurt in a game that one may bet on?

Vegas don't forgive that.
    The bet was "He gets cleared due to the Leach tweet"

It's the right thing to do to keep the bet as close those parameters as possible.

I understand you don't like me, but that's not what this is about. This is an actual bet based upon Lovett getting cleared due to the Leach tweet.

The potential new legislation has nothing to with the Leach tweet & thus would make determining the outcome of the bet impossible.

vCash

It's the right thing to do to keep the bet as close those parameters as possible.

I understand you don't like me, but that's not what this is about. This is an actual bet based upon Lovett getting cleared due to the Leach tweet.

The potential new legislation has nothing to with the Leach tweet & thus would make determining the outcome of the bet impossible.
    For what's it's with, I tend to agree with Shotgun here. I was interested in y'all's bet because you both made good points and I could see it going either way. Seems like bad faith to try and hold him to it when the NCAA passes a rule that makes his immediate eligibility a certainty regardless of the circumstances. Just my 2 cents.

vCash
    Aight I'll drop it if so.
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 04-23-2020 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Another opinion is all required.

vCash

And no the bet wasn't that he got cleared due to the leach tweet.

That's what you tried to change it to.

The bet was that he is ruled eligible immediately or not ruled eligible immediately. We even cleared that because there was never any official announcement stating that Justin Fields was cleared due to the racist fan in the crowd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Not sure why the point of FSU being the Seminoles keeps being brought up. They have a letter from the tribe that allows the use of Seminoles.
    If someone is so sensitive to racism that they use it as an excuse you would think it would apply to all things.

vCash
    People that honestly think he wouldn?t gain immediate eligibility over this is making me laugh.

The NCAA will not open up themselves to any actions from the NAACP. You better bet your sweet ass if he was ruled ineligible they would open up a case on his belhalf immediately.

Question now is, when does this ban start?
    Yea and Leach is raked over the coals in the media. We don't need anymore publicity over this. Leach is innocent but that's not how it will be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not surprising. Glad he "feels right" about Native Americans though.
    This. How can he claim racism over that bullshit and go play for a team who's mascot depicts native Americans? I say he's the real racist***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    You're supposed to play along, ****!

vCash
    Why y'all keep worrying about this? Everybody knew he had family issues. Those issues won out. Let him move on. Not worth all this BS.

vCash
    Reading this thread, I'm seeing the method to Cohen's madness during the hiring process. He wanted a 180* departure from Coach Hug It Out. I criticized Cohen's slowness on hiring for ineptitude, I was so wrong. He have a Croom level discplinarian that can actually coach and plan a game strategy. Props to JC

vCash
    Yep, the NCAA is one of the most left-wing, politically correct entities around (which most in academia are). No way were they not going to give immediate eligibility over the joke tweeted if someone wanted it. Any kind of circumvented correlation to race would be enough. I mean this is the same organization that won't allow events in MS due to the stupid flag issue.