Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Dak ....you need to sign whatever is on the table

vCash

Hey Dak ....you need to sign whatever is on the table

the future is unknown...you had better get whatever signing bonus you can get.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Dak needs to keep doing what he's been doing. That pay day is coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Dak needs to keep doing what he's been doing. That pay day is coming.
    The way the Cowboys have screwed this up, if I'm him and his agents, I'm not looking at an offer that doesn't start with a 4 in front of the AAV. I'm a Cowboys fan and have been since the early 90's, but Jerry cost himself at least $50M and maybe more by waiting Dak out. He could have signed him last offseason at $25M/year. Going to be a lot more than that now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    The way the Cowboys have screwed this up, if I'm him and his agents, I'm not looking at an offer that doesn't start with a 4 in front of the AAV. I'm a Cowboys fan and have been since the early 90's, but Jerry cost himself at least $50M and maybe more by waiting Dak out. He could have signed him last offseason at $25M/year. Going to be a lot more than that now.
    you think a billionaire doesn't know what he's doing ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Most billionaires do. Jerry Jones doesn't.

vCash
    Get all the guaranteed money you can.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Jerry should have signed him prior to the end of the 2018 season. it would have pushed his renegotiation past the 2022 season and he would have saved money, ensured his long term cap space, and made Dak happy.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I just hope Dak (or his agent) hasn't out smarted himself.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I just hope Dak (or his agent) hasn't out smarted himself.
    They haven't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    the future is unknown...you had better get whatever signing bonus you can get.
    We don't know what is on the table. Jerruh is notorious for leaking incomplete deal details to the press in order to turn public pressure onto the athlete. We've heard many deals leaked over the last two years or so and not a single one have included all of yearly, year by year structure, total value, bonuses, guaranteed money, and length. The only thing we've heard leak out are yearly salaries when that's not even half of the equation - and apparently the main sticking point is that Dak wants 4 years so he can renegotiate sooner after Mahomes breaks the market while Jerruh wants 5+.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Dallas is about to pay him top money. Look for it to be done after the draft.

vCash
    You think billionaires are immune to bad decisions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dallas is about to pay him top money. Look for it to be done after the draft.
    Yeah it's coming. Dak bout to get paid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah it's coming. Dak bout to get paid.
    Yep. They refused to give him the 35 million and 4 year deal he was asking for so now they tag him and it's 31.4 million a year with a guaranteed 20% raise next year or 44% raise after two year? Meaning he will be 100% in the drivers seat and either way they will pay him 69.08 millions over two with another big pay bump in year three (something like 54 million per year?)

Jerry kind of screwed himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Yep. They refused to give him the 35 million and 4 year deal he was asking for so now they tag him and it's 31.4 million a year with a guaranteed 20% raise next year or 44% raise after two year? Meaning he will be 100% in the drivers seat and either way they will pay him 69.08 millions over two with another big pay bump in year three (something like 54 million per year?)

Dak bet on himself and won. I admire Dak more and more. Took a lot of confidence to do what he did but it proved why he's the winner that he is.

vCash
    In oil and gas? Absolutely he does. He didn't make his fortune off the Dallas Cowboys.

vCash
    What fans don't realize is that Jerry is not desperate to win a SB, he has three. The Cowboys are one of the most popular and profitable properties in all of professional sports, in spite of not challenging for a NFL championship in almost 15 years. Jerry does what he wants, not caring what anyone thinks. Jerry not only has "F you" money, he has "F me" money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    What fans don't realize is that Jerry is not desperate to win a SB, he has three. The Cowboys are one of the most popular and profitable properties in all of professional sports, in spite of not challenging for a NFL championship in almost 15 years. Jerry does what he wants, not caring what anyone thinks. Jerry not only has "F you" money, he has "F me" money.
    Your first sentence is way off target. The man is more desperate to win a SB than anyone out there and he knows his days are numbered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post

If Dak goes that route without a long term deal, an injury or a poor season could end his career....I don't think people realize the effect that this shutdown will have on revenue streams going forward. Teams won't have the same kind of money as I can tell you that advertising revenue is going to be forever changed.....my daughter is a senior officer at one of the big three phone carriers and they are completely restructuring how they market and spend money.... I can tell you that the days of sponsorships, celebrity endorsements, and give aways are numbered. Every expenditure will be data driven. Very few people realize what all information you have given away when you accept the terms of service for facebook, you phone, or your free email account. Usage data merged with facial recognition will allow for immediate targeted advertising.... it will simply blow your mind what they know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    In oil and gas? Absolutely he does. He didn't make his fortune off the Dallas Cowboys.
    He?s been quoted as saying that when he bought the Cowboys for $140 million, that it was nearly all the money he had. So yes, he got rich off oil leases, but he became a billionaire because of the business of the Dallas Cowboys and the explosion in NFL television revenue (a lot of which he helped spearhead). He currently has an estimated net worth of around 8 billion, which honestly I think is a low estimate. If the Cowboys were put up for sale today, that franchise would easily sell for $10 billion. So the bulk of his fortune is actually tied to the Dallas Cowboys.