Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lovett transfer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Kylin Hill has been all over twitter saying this playbook all but promises him a 1000 yard season. He is full pirate all the way.
    Kylin isn't anything all the way.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I give all your posts the credit they deserve, which is none.

vCash
    Kylin is just Kylin. He's not bad. Kid is a hard worker. And if you guys start calling out players, you'll make it worse. Just sit back and let the dominoes fall.

Banned
    vCash
    Let's just say the obvious big domino to leave is obvious and if that tweet wasn't enough to get him to leave then he actually knows better and learned something. Someone in his ear has a brain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    In the SEC West they didn't quit. They were processed. We now have a coach more hardassed than Saban. That is what it takes. A fight on every single play. Every down a war. I don't care if we run out next game with a team of 40 people, because every one will be a gladiator, every one a pirate, and every one a winner.
    Thank god for this post....This entire thread may now be led out back... scratched upon it's head a couple times, then summarily shot. And die.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    What's worse is how our fans never fail to perpetuate an inflammatory response on message boards and particularly on twitter at the players. The lack of self awareness is mind boggling.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    The CL saying it might be because CML tweet. Seriously?

"He did not say if the decision to enter the transfer portal was because of the controversial tweet"
    So Deke Adams has been tampering?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    What's worse is how our fans never fail to perpetuate an inflammatory response on message boards and particularly on twitter at the players. The lack of self awareness is mind boggling.
    Nah. Not the fans fault here

vCash
    State seems to have and overabundance of ( dumb <17>s ) when it comes to certain subjects. No more complicated than that.

vCash
    Nah. Not the fans fault here
    Not blaming them completely. I wouldn't expect you to agree.

vCash
    Not blaming them completely. I wouldn't expect you to agree.
    Fans shouldn't be blamed at all. Much less a little

Here's my percentage of blame.

70% - Lovett and his dad for using race as means to getting immediate eligibility

20% - COVID19 for giving sports writers absolutely nothing to write about until this nothing burger fell in their lap.

10% - Mike Leach for having a lack of awareness. Hopefully he learns from this and better understands his new audience
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-05-2020 at 08:25 AM.

vCash
    Fans shouldn't be blamed at all. Much less a little

Here's my percentage of blame.

70% - Lovett and his dad for using race as means to getting immediate eligibility

20% - COVID19 for giving sports writers absolutely nothing to write about until this nothing burger fell in their lap.

10% - Mike Leach for having a lack of awareness. Hopefully he learns from this and better understands his new audience
    All the arguments they get in with players or people supporting the players just adds fuel to keep the whole thing going. You aren't changing anyones mind and you can't tell another person how they should feel or act. Its a horrible look and comes off most of the time as ignorance. Just let it be and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    So following racial injustices is a bad thing to you?
    No 28, it's just football, nothing racist.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Being a black man who was raised in Mississippi, the tweet didn't offend me at all. I got the joke and I understand the type of humor Leach has. That being said, he is going to have to be careful about saying and posting certain things. In the past, he has spoken alot on politics and other issues that were controversial, which he has every right to being an American, but it doesn't mean it cant affect our program.... I like Leach and feel he can bring alot to MSU, but he has to be careful in being a leader of our program. He is coaching in Mississippi and unfortunately our state doesn't have the best History in terms of racism, education etc. I spent many years in the military traveling the world and meeting different people from different backgrounds and alot of people actually still view Mississippi in a negative manner, the last thing our program needs is negative attention... I do agree with the majority of you and think this was not racial whatsoever, I just hope he is careful moving forward.
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 04-06-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    All the arguments they get in with players or people supporting the players just adds fuel to keep the whole thing going. You aren't changing anyones mind and you can't tell another person how they should feel or act. Its a horrible look and comes off most of the time as ignorance. Just let it be and move on.
    There comes a time when people draw a line with things that are so far out in left field that you can't just let go. Our head coach and university getting thrown in the mud because a couple of idiots are too stupid to not understand an innocent meme is that time. They can "feel" however they want to feel. That doesn't make them any less of a dumbass for feeling that way and the more people allow the line in the sand to be stepped over the more stupid shit like this becomes the norm. We have a national talk show guy saying we should FIRE our head coach over this. It is not ok to throw that card out when it's not warranted because of the ramifications that card carries in 2020. This is a bunch of bullshit brought on by a ridiculous professor and a () that needed a way out so he decided to martyr himself with the help of his idiot daddy. At some point people better get their heads out of their rear ends. The blowback from this is ridiculous and completely unwarranted and people that want everyone to just sit down and shut up and support the players no matter what are just asking for this stuff to get worse and worse and worse.
    Last edited by Jarius; 04-05-2020 at 02:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Being a black man who was raised in Mississippi, the tweet didn't offend me at all. I got the joke and I understand the type of humor Leach has. That being said, he is going to have to be careful about saying and posting certain things. In the past, he has spoken alot on politics and other issues that were controversial, which he has every right to being an American, but it doesn't mean it cant affect our program.... I like Leach and feel he can bring alot to MSU, but he has to be careful in being a leader of our program. He is coaching in the Mississippi and unfortunately our state doesn't have the best History in terms of racism, education etc. I spent many years in the military traveling the world and meeting different people from different backgrounds and alot of people actually still view Mississippi in a negative manner, the last thing our program needs is negative attention... I do agree with the majority of you and think this was not racial whatsoever, I just hope he is careful moving forward.
    Totally agree. Leach meant nothing by it, but as you said, things like that can be taken in a different context in other places. Hopefully he?ll be a little more aware in the future. Now lets?s get on to football.
    Last edited by Joebob; 04-05-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    No 28, it's just football, nothing racist.
    I agree the tweet was not racist. I'm referring to the player being socially engaged is not a bad thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I agree the tweet was not racist. I'm referring to the player being socially engaged is not a bad thing.
    It is when they perpetuate racism by finding non-racist things racist.

There is a balance between being aware & actively looking for people to screw up.

When you see the world as racist, it's a problem because you're going to over analyze it. When you see the world as completely non-racist, that's also problem.

Both sides have a problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Yes. He had 20 people leave his program year 1 at WSU. I doubt we have that many but we will ha e more than people want. We are still over the 85 limit and we also had a huge culture issue last year. That issue doesn't go away without getting the bad apples out.
    yep ... he's not known for coddling people and that's exactly what most folks on this board were looking for ...... you're right-I believe we will see several more during his tenure here and I'm def OK with that
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    It is when they perpetuate racism by finding non-racist things racist.

There is a balance between being aware & actively looking for people to screw up.

When you see the world as racist, it's a problem because you're going to over analyze it. When you see the world as completely non-racist, that's also problem.

Both sides have a problem
    I agree 100%