Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lovett transfer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Lovett is a good DT that will help someone. We have an abundance of DT talent. Losing him has no effect on our D-Line especially since our scheme is changing.
    I certainly wouldn't say it has no effect. He is a talented player that would be key in our defensive line rotation and he would be a 3rd year college player. Pretty obvious though with his original HS recruiting process that he can be easily swayed by outside voices.

vCash
    We don't need anyone that gets easily offended playing nose-tackle in the SEC. We will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep society has become soft and weak.
    Without a doubt. We need more Chuck Norris and General George Patton.

vCash
    We'll deal with the effects Moorehead had on this program for some time to come.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    FYI, there is an Ole Miss player telling us to back off Leach. We have the enemy taking up for our coach more than some FORMER and CURRENT PLAYERS. It's pathetic.

vCash
    It was definitely the Leach tweet. Just scrolling through Lovett's Twitter you can figure that out by his retweets. Glad he's gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    It was definitely the Leach tweet. Just scrolling through Lovett's Twitter you can figure that out by his retweets. Glad he's gone.
    Hard to believe that just the mention of a noose IN ANY CONTEXT would draw that kind of reaction that a guy is ready to transfer but I guess its the world we live in. If the tweet is truly the root of this and our coaches really want to keep Lovett then I don't see why this can't be smoothed over by the coaches, and Leach himself, reaching out and talking with him. I think any reasonable person could be talked to and know that there was nothing racially motivated with the marital joke Leach sent out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    No it's not. It was just fuel for the fire.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No it's not. It was just fuel for the fire.
    It was his way out. He was getting his ass lit up in workouts (and yes he was in black for most of them but he did not like how he was being treated). He was looking for a way to jump and this gave him the opportunity to be a martyr. We aren't done with people leaving. As much window dressing that's around this situation it boils down to the fact that this kid was recruited and signed by a coaching staff that coddled and that's all he knows college life as for the past 2 years. He did not like the way things were going for him (al th Pugh he was excelling) and he wanted out. His teammates know what is up. There will be more people quit. Leach had 20 his first year at WSU.
    Last edited by Jarius; 04-04-2020 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    It was his way out. He was getting his ass lit up in workouts (and yes he was in black for most of them but he did not like how he was being treated). He was looking for a way to jump and this gave him the opportunity to be a martyr. We aren't done with people leaving. As much window dressing that's around this situation it boils down to the fact that this kid was recruited and signed by a coaching staff that coddled and that's all he knows college life as for the past 2 years. He did not like the way things were going for him (al th Pugh he was excelling) and he wanted out. His teammates know what is up. There will be more people quit. Leach had 20 his first year at WSU.
    20 people quit?

vCash
    Cull em! If they don't want to be here and just want to be coddled then they need to go somewhere else. Maybe moorhead can find a spot for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I followed him on twitter for a bit. He is extremely..... well preoccupied with racial issues and woke culture. It is a good thing he is gone. Good riddance to fabo_54
    So following racial injustices is a bad thing to you?

vCash
    I'm not concerned with kids that want out. They need to do what they feel is best for them. I know of two that might and some folks are going to lose their shit if one of those does jump. But Joe Moorhead destroyed a lot of things Dan Mullen build. Time to rebuild.

vCash
    I'm not concerned with kids that want out. They need to do what they feel is best for them. I know of two that might and some folks are going to lose their shit if one of those does jump. But Joe Moorhead destroyed a lot of things Dan Mullen build. Time to rebuild.
    Yep!

vCash
    I think you're correct. Moorhead coddled his players, and some may not want to endure what is necessary to build a good team.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    20 people quit?
    Yes. He had 20 people leave his program year 1 at WSU. I doubt we have that many but we will ha e more than people want. We are still over the 85 limit and we also had a huge culture issue last year. That issue doesn't go away without getting the bad apples out.

vCash
    Hill I'm guessing. Won't bother me if he does. I've said everyone was higher on him that he deserved ever since Moorhead came on board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Hill I'm guessing. Won't bother me if he does. I've said everyone was higher on him that he deserved ever since Moorhead came on board.
    Unless he could pull a grad transfer or instant eligibility Hill would be an absolute moron to jump. The guy is set up to be in the league in 1 year if he just holds the rope for 6 months. (If there is a football season).

vCash
    Yes. He had 20 people leave his program year 1 at WSU. I doubt we have that many but we will ha e more than people want. We are still over the 85 limit and we also had a huge culture issue last year. That issue doesn't go away without getting the bad apples out.
    In the SEC West they didn't quit. They were processed. We now have a coach more hardassed than Saban. That is what it takes. A fight on every single play. Every down a war. I don't care if we run out next game with a team of 40 people, because every one will be a gladiator, every one a pirate, and every one a winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Kylin Hill has been all over twitter saying this playbook all but promises him a 1000 yard season. He is full pirate all the way.