Thread: Hand Sanitizer locations.

vCash

Hand Sanitizer locations.

Mosby Drug Store in Canton is making it and selling it. Very reasonable price.

Old Town Drug Store in Brandon is making it and selling it.

Cat Had Vodka is now making hand sanitizer. If you can get to one of their facilities they will fill two water bottles for free.

Sorry Mods but this stuff is hard to find. I thought I would share.

vCash
    Thanks for sharing. This is an important thread!!!
    Fortunately, my wife is a nurse. She has always made sure we had plenty of hand sanitizer at home as well as dial ant bacterial soap. Now I’m not making fun of her anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Mosby Drug Store in Canton is making it and selling it. Very reasonable price.

Old Town Drug Store in Brandon is making it and selling it.

Cat Had Vodka is now making hand sanitizer. If you can get to one of their facilities they will fill two water bottles for free.

Sorry Mods but this stuff is hard to find. I thought I would share.
    My wife researched the whole "Does standard sanitizer work against the virus" .... she found out that bleach is the ingredient to count on ... she made up several bottles from some recipe that works and I spilled it all over me after filling up with gas this am ..... I'm about ready to say screw it and just take my chances
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Thanks Jack. This is viable information and what I was hoping to see more similar type in the Covid-19 thread. Which I haven't. Predictions or educated guesses (or whatever) may be good for some, but I would rather get actual info that will hopefully help us through this crisis. This morning the Kroger in Brandon had milk, bread, frozen foods, but people had apparently gone crazy on raw apples and potatoes. And to add no hydrogen peroxide, soap or sanitizer which was no surprise.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-03-2020 at 12:11 PM.

vCash
    1/3 cup of aloe Vera gel, 2/3 cup of rubbing alcohol + 8-10 drops of an essential oil fragrance of your choice (I chose lemongrass) and you've got a 65% alcohol based homemade sanitizer. I've made 2 batches and refilled some old sanitizer pump bottles with them. I've got enough product to make 3-4 more 8oz bottles if need be.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

ETA: the CDC recommends a sanitizer that's at least 60% alcohol based.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 04-03-2020 at 12:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    1/3 cup of aloe Vera gel, 2/3 cup of rubbing alcohol + 8-10 drops of an essential oil fragrance of your choice (I chose lemongrass) and you've got a 65% alcohol based homemade sanitizer. I've made 2 batches and refilled some old sanitizer pump bottles with them. I've got enough product to make 3-4 more 8oz bottles if need be.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

ETA: the CDC recommends a sanitizer that's at least 60% alcohol based.
    Basic soap works better on average. The issue with hand sanitizer is people do not use enough and do not scrub enough. When you have the option to use soap, use soap.

vCash
    If you want something that will kill anything and everything get some Dr. Tichenors mouthwash concentrate, it's 80% alcohol. Use it for hand sanitizer just don't make the mistake of using it as a mouthwash without diluting it with water because it will burn the outer layer of skin off your tongue and mouth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    If you want something that will kill anything and everything get some Dr. Tichenors mouthwash concentrate, it's 80% alcohol. Use it for hand sanitizer just don't make the mistake of using it as a mouthwash without diluting it with water because it will burn the outer layer of skin off your tongue and mouth!
    That should definitely meet the CDC alcohol requirement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    That should definitely meet the CDC alcohol requirement.
    My grandfather used to use that stuff as antiseptic for everything. He would gargle with it straight at night too. He let me try it one night and I thought my mouth was on fire! He thought it was hilarious. He was a farmer so there weren't any days off and he couldn't afford to get sick. Different time. I miss those days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    Basic soap works better on average. The issue with hand sanitizer is people do not use enough and do not scrub enough. When you have the option to use soap, use soap.
    I use both when possible. Soap and water then sanitizer.
    I like the aloe diy recipe. I heard someone at work talking about that also.

vCash
    My grandfather used to use that stuff as antiseptic for everything. He would gargle with it straight at night too. He let me try it one night and I thought my mouth was on fire! He thought it was hilarious. He was a farmer so there weren't any days off and he couldn't afford to get sick. Different time. I miss those days.
    I knew an old dude that drank it at work. He’s probably dead now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I knew an old dude that drank it at work. He’s probably dead now.
    If he drank that stuff I'm sure his organs and brains were pickled, but he probably never got any bugs lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    Of course it does, but I use hand sanitizer when there's no soap or water around.

vCash

Me too, CC. I grew up on a farm and now in a subdivision with less than 0.5 acres.

vCash
    Me too, CC. I grew up on a farm and now in a subdivision with less than 0.5 acres.
    Same here. I always said I wouldn't miss it but dang I would go back to those days in a heartbeat. They were simple, good times.

vCash
    Where do you buy aloe vera gel and essential oils?

vCash
    I only have about 1/3 acre, and most of is taken up by the house, trees and flower beds, and the driveway. I have something like 5000 sq ft of grass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Where do you buy aloe vera gel and essential oils?
    WalMart is where I found them both... Have to admit that I knew nothing about "essential oils" and my wife said "look where the candles are sold", and boom, many to be had. The aloe will be where the suntan lotion is found. Good luck, my friend.

vCash
    I thought that was for drinking