Thread: 2020 College Football Season

vCash

2020 College Football Season

What everyone's thoughts on this? Do we play a full season? Abbreviated season? Start later or earlier?

3 weeks ago I would've said theres a 95% chance we have a full season, now.....I'm probably closer to 55-60%.

vCash
    Meh. It's way too early to say.

I know people will predict what's going to happen, but that's impossible. Right now, I'd say we likely get this thing under control by June or July and things will be fine.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I don't have a good feeling about it, tbh, given the timeline for a vaccine.

vCash
    Well they are talking about relaxing social distancing in a month and that is a full 5 months away. It will bankrupt some sports programs if they dont

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Well they are talking about relaxing social distancing in a month and that is a full 5 months away. It will bankrupt some sports programs if they dont
    This. Gonna bankrupt a lot of stuff if it goes to long

vCash
    Best bet is limited attendance or no fans. A made for tv product. Don’t shoot the messenger

vCash
    https://watchstadium.com/spring-foot...ns-04-01-2020/

Here are a few possibilities. I can't imagine them not getting the games in somehow, but I'm not expecting to be watching any in person.

vCash
    I think it will start later but games will not be well attended this year. If this isn't controlled by June or July, we may face the possibility of no season at all. I've been a season ticket holder for the last 10 years but I'm planning at the moment not to renew this year.

vCash
    I think a limited season will be played. Bowl games may be in trouble if the virus bounces back as I doubt massive vaccines will be ready by then. But who knows at this point....

vCash
    Fauci say a vaccine at least a year, year and half away...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Best bet is limited attendance or no fans. A made for tv product. Don’t shoot the messenger
    Problem is not just the fans but the players; one of them gets it and it spreads everywhere too on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Fauci say a vaccine at least a year, year and half away...
    I don't trust Fauci at all; his comments about the malaria drug show me he has some agenda. Proof from experts and doctors all over the world it works or makes a big difference and he just keeps dismissing and insulting the doctors and results.

When is the last time Fauci actually did any doctoring with a real patient? Got lots of experts doing on the ground doctoring that disagree with him. All Fauci has done is present a doom and gloom message.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    What everyone's thoughts on this? Do we play a full season? Abbreviated season? Start later or earlier?

3 weeks ago I would've said theres a 95% chance we have a full season, now.....I'm probably closer to 55-60%.
    There's a very real possibility that no football happens until there is a vaccine for this virus.

It generally takes 12-18 months. Medical experts will recommend that no team sports happen until that vaccine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    There's a very real possibility that no football happens until there is a vaccine for this virus.

It generally takes 12-18 months. Medical experts will recommend that no team sports happen until that vaccine.
    The testing process is becoming much quicker and easier so i believe the players can be checked before being cleared to practice and play. Therefore, because of the money involved for schools, I believe games will be played and televised even if there are no fans in the stands.