Thread: HBO/Dawkins

vCash

HBO/Dawkins

One word to describe what Dawkins went thru, WOW! The FBI set him up and used him to get attention to the Ncaa but the Ncaa is a piece of crap as we all know.
    All the funds used by the FBI or I should say "wasted tax buyer money" is absurd to say the least. The way they arrested and treated Dawkins was over the top.

But the Ncaa again is a piece of crap, IF Wade and Miller get off now then their no justices or use for the Ncaa.

I was shocked how smart Dawkins was at such an early age, oh I don't think he is an angel or a choir boy, but he was used by the FBI and their were others in his "group or company" that got off pretty much free.

Shoe Companies own Coaches and schools.

vCash
    I’ve followed organized crime trials forever and you’d be amazed by the bs the FBI pulls so it’s not surprising to me at all. The FBI obviously does incredible work in anti terrorism and whatnot but a lot of those field offices have advancement hungry agents that will do anything to get ahead no matter how morally wrong it is.

vCash
    This documentary was told from Dawkins perspective. And still.....There is no denying he was in the business of running money to recruits and their families And was working with head coaches to direct payments. Now you can argue if that is bribery and/or frauds universities (what a joke).

However Dawkins was already inclined to do the crime. Which is why the FBIs undercover operation worked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    This documentary was told from Dawkins perspective. And still.....There is no denying he was in the business of running money to recruits and their families And was working with head coaches to direct payments. Now you can argue if that is bribery and/or frauds universities (what a joke).

However Dawkins was already inclined to do the crime. Which is why the FBIs undercover operation worked.
    I'm not disagreeing in what you are saying, but he was set up by the FBI in promoting his company. He said in phone conversations he didn't want to deal with coaches so much on giving them money. The undercover FBI agent kept insisting as he was backing up Dawkins company with the cash. Also the slime ball "agent" (forgot his name) should have gone to jail as he was the most corrupt, he stole money from the players in was representing.
    Wade, Miller and if Pinto have gotten, how could that be?

Blows my mind Dawkins at 12 years old was operating a recruiting service and coaches had no idea he was 12!

vCash
    My guess..... the FBI operational plan to have Dawkins direct payments to coaches (instead of directly to kids and their parents) is because the recruits are minors. Never the less, even pitching the scenario of paying coaches.... which Dawkins admitted wasn't his SOP to buy kids..... Dawkins couldn't help himself. He took the bait and got caught as a result.

Yep. The other agent .... M??? Should have gotten time too. However He cooperated and Dawkins didn't. Dawkins had the opportunity to cooperate.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 04-01-2020 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    My guess..... the FBI operational plan to have Dawkins direct payments to coaches (instead of directly to kids and their parents) is because the recruits are minors. Never the less, even pitching the scenario of paying coaches.... which Dawkins admitted wasn't his SOP to buy kids..... Dawkins couldn't help himself. He took the bait and got caught as a result.

Yep. The other agent .... M??? Should have gotten time too. However He cooperated and Dawkins didn't. Dawkins had the opportunity to cooperate and give the US Attorney and FBi the finger.
    Yep, I agree but he also gave the Ncaa the finger, what a crock they are. How Miller and Wade are sill coaching and just flat lied! Also Wade so screw the Ncaa and Lsu Administrators, no doubt he knows where the bodies are buried and scared the Corndogs!

Man it was an interesting documentary, 2 hours! Btw, after watching it, I now change my mind, the players should be paid something, hell the shoe companies can contribute all the money to be used for all athletes at the schools they are representing. Ucla, Kansas,Louisville, Ohio State, Alabama and many other "elites are getting well over 100 million dollars from shoe contracts!

vCash
    If Dawkins would have cooperated and went CI. Maybe a few head coaches catch a charge too.

I'm of the opinion, the ncaa needs to stay amateur. However people should be able to make their own decisions and go pro out of High school, every sport. I think you would see the XFL become a minor league for the nfl.

vCash
    If Dawkins would have cooperated and went CI. Maybe a few head coaches catch a charge too.

I'm of the opinion, the ncaa needs to stay amateur. However people should be able to make their own decisions and go pro out of High school, every sport. I think you would see the XFL become a minor league for the nfl.
    Dawkins said every dollar he has earned has come thru basketball, now he started a music label company. Amazing and yes he paid a steep price by not corporating with FBI.

I wonder now if NCAA will step in now, probably not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Dawkins said every dollar he has earned has come thru basketball, now he started a music label company. Amazing and yes he paid a steep price by not corporating with FBI.

I wonder now if NCAA will step in now, probably not.

They would be admitting they effed up. It would be the right thing but it's very unlikely.

vCash
    I just don't think the major top 5 conferences need the Ncaa, those conferences would have way more money controlling themselves.

And Shotgun's dream of a roof in the south EZ could come true***

vCash
    Can't sleep. Just finished this doc. A few thoughts:

1. Holy shit, how do Will Wade and Sean Miller have jobs?!?

2. Dawkins is no Saint, but he got completely railroaded and entrapped.

3. Can't believe how unethically the FBI acted. Also, why did they let all the big players off the hook. And can't believe how much taxpayer money was wasted to take down a nobody. The press conference by the southern district of new york made it seem like they were taking down the mob. They took down christian dawkins.

4. Paying players isn't illegal. Can't believe they basically changed the law to make breaking an NCAA rule illegal. Dawkins defrauded Louisville? LOL what a joke

5. Jay Bilas, stop crying about paying players. They are already getting paid much more than universities could pay them.

6. Will Wade don't give a f. Hilarious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Can't sleep. Just finished this doc. A few thoughts:

1. Holy shit, how do Will Wade and Sean Miller have jobs?!?

2. Dawkins is no Saint, but he got completely railroaded and entrapped.

3. Can't believe how unethically the FBI acted. Also, why did they let all the big players off the hook. And can't believe how much taxpayer money was wasted to take down a nobody. The press conference by the southern district of new york made it seem like they were taking down the mob. They took down christian dawkins.

4. Paying players isn't illegal. Can't believe they basically changed the law to make breaking an NCAA rule illegal. Dawkins defrauded Louisville? LOL what a joke

5. Jay Bilas, stop crying about paying players. They are already getting paid much more than universities could pay them.

6. Will Wade don't give a f. Hilarious
    I can't stop thinking about all the money we the "tax payer" pay for BS wasted unnecessary money on Dawkins. I'm sure this will be made in a movie, it's joke just like the Ncaa!

Dawkins is one smart business man but he doesn't or he didn't have much common sense dealing with the FBI.

Wow on shoe companies, they are the real mafia for sports!