Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sawyer Robertson commits

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    And by watching video on him, he may be underrated. We've never brought in a QB that throws the ball like this regardless of what the recruiting rankings say

This guy has Russell Wilson type deep ball ability
    Better comparison is Drew Lock. And I'm ok with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good grief, here we go... Russell Wilson is arguably the best deep passer in the nfl. I love Sawyer, and I'm thrilled we got him, but come on
    For 17s sake. Could you please relax. Just making a point on ingredients. Stop taking everything so damn literal. It ruins the ability to have discussions.

This kid throws one hell of a deep ball on film & the trajectory out of his hand reminds me of Russell Wilson's.

Is it as good as Wilson's? Probably not, but my comparison highlights what I see as special about the player & then I compared it to someone that is also special in that area.

it's pretty simple to figure out so long as you have a brain & realize that even if we saw HS film of Russell Wilson, it would be ridiculous to say that the player will actually be Russell Wilson.

Your intent on sounding smart actually makes you dumb.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-01-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Better comparison is Drew Lock. And I'm ok with that
    Yeah. Good comparison. Heck year we'd be OK with that.

FWIW, I wasn't comparing his overall ability to Russell Wilson. Was just comparing one aspect of his game.

Overall, he actually reminds me of Nick Foles
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-01-2020 at 10:30 AM.

vCash
    For 17s sake. Could you please relax. Just making a point on ingredients. Stop taking everything so damn literal. It ruins the ability to have discussions.

This kid throws one hell of a deep ball on film & the trajectory out of his hand reminds me of Russell Wilson's.

Is it as good as Wilson's? Probably not, but my comparison highlights what I see as special about the player & then I compared it to someone that is also special in that area.

it's pretty simple to figure out so long as you have a brain & realize that even if we saw HS film of Russell Wilson, it would be ridiculous to say that the player will actually be Russell Wilson.

Ok, how about don't get carried away with dumb comparisons? Remember Stevens being a better passer than dak?

vCash
    Ok, how about don't get carried away with dumb comparisons? Remember Stevens being a better passer than dak?
    Stevens, when he read the field correctly, had quality footwork, & was healthy did throw a better ball than Dak in my opinion. Dak was significantly better is all the other areas, which makes him an obviously much better QB. That wasn't what I was comparing though. I was comparing the actual touch on the pass.

Must be fun to just call people on their opinion without ever putting your own opinions out there.

Can't sound stupid if you never put out your own creative opinion can you? Which basically makes you worthless & someone that would get fired for bringing no value.

Again, your intent on sounding smart makes you an idiot because you consistently miss the point

vCash
    Stevens, when he read the field correctly, had quality footwork, & was healthy did throw a better ball than Dak in my opinion. Dak was significantly better is all the other areas, which makes him an obviously much better QB. That wasn't what I was comparing though. I was comparing the actual touch on the pass.

Must be fun to just call people on their opinion without ever putting your own opinions out there.

Can't sound stupid if you never put own your own creative opinion can you? Which basically makes you worthless & someone that would get fired for bring no value.
    I don't put my opinions out here? Lol, good one

ETA... anyway, forget it. Sawyer is one hell of a recruit. I'm absolutely thrilled we have him. Maybe he's as good as Russell deep and Brees underneath.
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-01-2020 at 10:41 AM.

vCash
    I don't put my opinions out here? Lol, good one

ETA... anyway, forget it. Sawyer is one hell of a recruit. I'm absolutely thrilled we have him. Maybe he's as good as Russell deep and Brees underneath.
    Maybe he is or maybe he isn't. Or maybe one thing he does kind of reminds you of someone

Again, I'm convinced you could be watching the HS version of Tom Brady on film & call someone out if they said the video reminded them of Tom Brady?

See the problem here?

vCash
    Awesome pick up! Hail State!!

vCash
    Good grief, here we go... Russell Wilson is arguably the best deep passer in the nfl. I love Sawyer, and I'm thrilled we got him, but come on
    Shhh didn't you hear. He won the NC in hs for best spin rate.

But for real, it's a hugeeee get. super excited to see how the QB battles work out over the next 3-4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Shhh didn't you hear. He won the NC in hs for best spin rate.

But for real, it's a hugeeee get. super excited to see how the QB battles work out over the next 3-4 years.
    Lots of options for sure. If Leach's track record is any evidence, out of this group, we'll have one hell of a starter

His track record also indicates that he can turn 1 year starters into NFL players. So I don't think we'll see too many transfers either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I've seen some vets of the boards say Kevin Fant was a 5 star at one point during his recruitment.
    Fant was never a 5 star. Rodney Hudson was probably the highest rated QB we've ever signed. But based on offers, I think Robertson takes the top spot now. Legit offers from Texas and Southern Cal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Fant was never a 5 star. Rodney Hudson was probably the highest rated QB we've ever signed. But based on offers, I think Robertson takes the top spot now. Legit offers from Texas and Southern Cal.
    Correct. Apparently Texas was really recruiting him hard. If Texas wanted him, out of all the QBs in Texas they could get, that should tell you a whole lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Correct. Apparently Texas was really recruiting him hard. If Texas wanted him, out of all the QBs in Texas they could get, that should tell you a whole lot.
    I remember when the NFL had 9 starting QBs one week a few years from the state of Texas & ZERO of them played for Texas.

So, it seems to be a good omen to get a QB from Texas that doesn't actually play for the Longhorns

vCash
    Yes but y'all also have to think about is not only his value as a top QB but value as a recruiter for wr committing this early and in a time like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    To be fair, Texas has a commitment at qb that is rated higher in composite and 247. 247 rating is really close though, 94 to 93

vCash

I watched the film, very impressive deep ball and the analysis from Gabe Brooks on 247 says his short to intermediate throws are his strength.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I watched the film, very impressive deep ball and the analysis from Gabe Brooks on 247 says his short to intermediate throws are his strength.
    Well, I guess he's just pretty 17ing good then.

I trust Leach. Leach's background says that we could sign the #1 QB in America & a transfer 3 star will end up being a Heisman candidate.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    To be fair, Texas has a commitment at qb that is rated higher in composite and 247. 247 rating is really close though, 94 to 93
    Yep. Robertson & Nussmeir are supposedly the only 2 other QB's they were willing to take with this kid. They are expecting a 1 QB class but those 2 were too good to pass up if they could've gotten them. Says a lot about both when they already have the top rated QB in the state.

ETA: Once Robertson gets re-rated correctly on rivals (3* there), his composite is going to really shoot up. He's the 51st rated player on ESPN & 154 on just the 247 ratings. Kid is a huge pull.

vCash
    Well, I guess he's just pretty 17ing good then.

I trust Leach. Leach's background says that we could sign the #1 QB in America & a transfer 3 star will end up being a Heisman candidate.
    I would think we prefer accuracy on short passes than on deep looking at Washington st's yds/att

vCash
    In a while?

Maybe in our history. Who was better?
    KJ Costello: 0.9749