Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Similar to other thread, name best MS basketball players you played against or saw

vCash
    Played against Jerry Jenkins and Walter Wright in intramural after they used up their eligibility but were still on campus.

vCash
    Marcus Bullard was the best high school player I've ever been on the floor with. With or against.

vCash
    The shout out to Marlon Murphy warms my soul. He sat in AAA for several years behind a guy with the last name of Aaron. My Sophomore year in HS Mr Murphy was asked to take BP with us. He hit 5 out of 10 450 feet. His only comment afterwards was ?dang these new bats are something else.? His son Glenn passed away last year. RIP Murph

For the record there were about 3 future pro players on my HS team. We had seen greatness. None of us had ever seen what Mr Marlon could do to a baseball. He was in his early 40?s. One of the most impressive athletic performances I had ever seen.

vCash
    Not MS - but Dale Ellis was the best I've ever seen on a high school floor. That man could rain shots like no one else. 2x SEc POY at UT, 17 year NBA career.

Next best was the 2001 1 pick Kwame Brown. 6'11" guys playing against high schoolers really shouldn't be allowed.

vCash
    I didn?t play but I went To Jackson state gym to watch Lawrence County play Murrah. LCH had just won I think their 3rd 4A state championship. Murrah had won a few as well. It was on pay per view. Dampier, Vandal Thomas, and Eric?s half brother Vanderbilt I think. Ricky Henderson, Jesse pate, and Othello Harrington. LCH won it was awesome. I probably got some of that wrong but it?s been a while.

vCash
    1. Kenny Gambrell - Jim Hill, 6'7" and about 275 lb. An absolute load. Pushed me around like a rag doll. I think he went on to Western Kentucky
    2. Eddie Archie - Callaway, probably about 5'10". The fastest player I ever played against. Played at Alcorn
    3. Mark Coleman - Forest Hill, led them to a State Championship. Don't remember if or where he went to college. Maybe MS Valley.
    4. Ricky Short - Murrah. 6'7". An absolute man-child. There's no way he was anywhere close to being an 18 year old high school senior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelso View Post
    The shout out to Marlon Murphy warms my soul. He sat in AAA for several years behind a guy with the last name of Aaron. My Sophomore year in HS Mr Murphy was asked to take BP with us. He hit 5 out of 10 450 feet. His only comment afterwards was ?dang these new bats are something else.? His son Glenn passed away last year. RIP Murph

For the record there were about 3 future pro players on my HS team. We had seen greatness. None of us had ever seen what Mr Marlon could do to a baseball. He was in his early 40?s. One of the most impressive athletic performances I had ever seen.
    Murph, could have played in SEC in basketball. Had he not signed with the Braves. He was hell in basketball.